Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I usually post rubbish on here. Anyway, I was thinking earlier. Why should fully vaccinated people need to wear a mask? 
Looking at the scientific data nobody should be wearing masks, you're buying into this bullshit government propaganda blaming everything on unvaccinated people when in reality 99% of people who need vaccinated (elderly & vulnerable) have been vaccinated. The continuation of restrictions is about power, nothing else.

13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I did enjoy reading the Tweets from one particular SNP supporter that asked from proof that the restrictions weren't/didn't work when someone criticised them and when presented with some replied with "well 20/20 hindsight..." despite the evidence being available before  Sturgeon imposed restrictions.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I don't know how you managed to cope with that.

Ach, with a resigned shrug.

I'd always known our rigged duopoly was going to return and often said so.  It actually took longer than I'd thought it would.

The turmoil was great fun while it lasted though.

I nearly broke the COVID thread yesterday with some COVID related tattoo pics. One of which was someone who had decided to tattoo themselves with the barcode for their vaccine status.
COVID-tattoo-936x527.jpg
Whit a numpty and it works.
btw I thought it was my fault that the site went down about 1pm yesterday until I checked the P&B twitter and it was only Div doing a site quick updating.
Can't wait until a second booster is needed and his barcode is no longer valid.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Odd to hear on the radio this morning, both Tory and Labour spokespeople saying vaccine passports should be scrapped. Good to hear. 

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out politically. It’s quite clear that England will abandon vaccine passports and masks as soon as is feasible whilst the SG are intent on keeping them here indefinitely. 

On 31/03/2021 at 17:13, Lester Freamon said:

Awaiting the inevitable LADBIBLE article featuring some guy who has his vaccine passport tattooed on his arm, because he's just full of bantz and loves his local 'spoons.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out politically. It’s quite clear that England will abandon vaccine passports and masks as soon as is feasible whilst the SG are intent on keeping them here indefinitely

I don't believe they are tbh. Nor masks.

For now, though, (and for as long as people can present a negative "test") they are a free source of showing how much they just care more.

If England dump everything in April they will be gone within weeks up here.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't believe they are tbh. Nor masks.

For now, though, (and for as long as people can present a negative "test") they are a free source of showing how much they just care more.

If England dump everything in April they will be gone within weeks up here.

I hope you’re right. They’ll ultimately be forced by public opinion I suppose. I couldn’t tell you with any confidence that Scotland overwhelmingly wants to ditch everything. 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

YOU! YOU!

0_Sturgeon-tours-site-as-ScotWind-leasin

Very likely could be one of our number from here with that nice suit jacket, expensive shirt and cuff-links while accusingly pointing that finger, but wearing a hula-hoop on the wee finger does give the game away it might be one of us from the COVID thread?

It does look like the finger is pointing at her but likely its the lens on the camera being used.

I've noticed over the last few months how much the stress has changed NS's face in a short time. She looks exhausted.

Maybe Nippy has finally realised that Covid is coming to an end, she's trashed a big part of the economy and can't deliver independence?

Edited by FFCinthearea

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

In a crowded field, 'hopium' must be the worst pandemic patter.

It is massively shit patter. But at this stage it's just fake sage and their ever-dwindling band of followers denying everything that's in front of them to try and distract from them getting it wrong yet again. 

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Many, many years ago there used to be a wee shop on the 2nd floor of the Virginia Galleries, Glasgow that sold both 2nd hand and alternative clothing, a bit like The American Clothing Stores in both Glasgow and Edinburgh (Flip) did. In there I saw a collection of t-shirts from Anarchy Label I think they were called and the design on it was of a barcode with the caption underneath something like, 'soon all of us will have barcodes tattooed on our arms'. What seemed so far fetched back then now seems nearly socially acceptable without any resistance or push back. Why would someone think it would be smart to post on social media how proud they are of doing this, bonkers.

Mr Ben? 

33 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Sniffles, sore throat and blocked nose during the night.  2 Bars this morning. Had a feeling it was coming my way. Wife still negative though.

Got the same myself but no positive lft. Seems to be a bad cold doing the rounds with similar symptoms

I started a new job April 2020 so pretty much been working a home/office rotation since then. Maybe just to be safe we should keep working from home when everything else gets volleyed into the North Sea. The prospect of daily chats about Strictly, Married at 1st Sight or listening to Forth 1 has me considering my options if the laptops all get recalled and we get told its back to the office full time. 

2 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I started a new job April 2020 so pretty much been working a home/office rotation since then. Maybe just to be safe we should keep working from home when everything else gets volleyed into the North Sea. The prospect of daily chats about Strictly, Married at 1st Sight or listening to Forth 1 has me considering my options if the laptops all get recalled and we get told its back to the office full time. 

In spite of all that talk last year along the lines of “we’ve been told we are never going back to the office”, I reckon when it’s all over a lot folk are gonna get an awful shock that their employers do in-fact want them at their desks.

Much of the reassurance WFH was going to be the norm was to keep staff from looking for other jobs promising the same.