Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

1. You have no idea that most absences are because of self-isolation rules or 2. that it's the same people involved in collating patient and staff data. 3. Start providing some evidence on the blind assumptions you're making about all of this, or let's leave this thrilling exchange about public data governance to another time.

1. Of course most abseentism is due to self isolation.  It is no different for NHS staff than the rest of the population.  I hope you aren't suggesting that we now need to track with/because of covid for abseentism just so we can waste more administrative resource. 

2. What a stupid statement but then given your postings on this, that isn't really a revelation.  Unless you are claiming that the NHS has employed admin staff solely to count the number of staff absent with Covid then it will be the same staff doing the admin.  Even assuming this ridiculous notion were the case, it doesn't really take away from the fact that their labour would be better spend providing the information that the Government promised. 

3.  You are not really getting this whole notion of not wasting resources collecting useless information.  Providing evidence to Patrick on a message board is hardly justification for employing another X amount of staff to collate data.  Apparently the Welsh government are a step ahead of you in the wasting resources and actually do collect and publish data on absences for Covid and for isolation.  https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Health-and-Social-Care/NHS-Hospital-Activity/nhs-activity-and-capacity-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/nhsstaffabsences-by-date-staffgroup

Edited by strichener

6 hours ago, Elixir said:

Pretty shocked at those articles, tbh. Wonder how the diehard independence supporters will feel about them.

Edit: and I should add that this becoming mainstream within the SNP is the only way they could make me vote for them again. I'm sure that goes for a fair few on here, but they will have to change their outlook and fast, or it's a nope.

Can you tell me why Westminster rule is preferable to Holyrood rule?

9 hours ago, GTee said:

Outside of Covid I can’t see many arguments for preferring Westminster rule. Unfortunately though in terms of Covid Westminster over the last 6 months or so have been allowing people to live their lives much more freely than we have been allowed to, with little deviation in the public health outcome. Covid is the biggest issue in my life and until Scotland prove they can govern without shitting the bed and removing freedoms at the drop of a hat then Westminster rule is genuinely preferable.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Operation big dog I think they’re calling it.  Another example of right action for the wrong reasons.

I think it's only the right action if there is some differentiation between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Also someone with medical knowledge might know do we normally have red zones for infection control during the flu season? Might be a bit shit for the NHS if they have to isolate Covid patients.

Watching “The Sunday Show” and Martin Geissler asks Jillian Evans, Head of Health Intelligence NHS Grampian the question why her board (and only 1 other) could offer figures on the “with/ because of covid” question and 12 could not. Her reply is the health boards aren’t counting “in the same way” and that’s what “they are all looking at achieving in a standardised way, so they can report on it regularly”.

Now, whilst the lady always comes across well on TV and she is medical and not overtly political motivated, I find it either untruthful or downright incompetent that 2 years in, this is the stock response in Scotland regards to auditing covid hospital numbers. Whatever is the reason, it smacks of a Scottish Government simply not up to the job and wholly not fit for purpose, if they can’t count and react accordingly to this vital information. Or worse, they are managing the data to suit their own political agenda and motives.

Edited by deegee

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I didn't ask for their "protection", I don't need it and I don't want it. Neither does my family.

I want to be left the f**k alone.

It’s easy to get bogged down in individual restrictions and data and all the various arguments of the pandemic but the above essentially sums up the overarching feeling I have for the whole thing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59999698
Looking forward to their follow-up findings about the religious affiliation of the Pope and what bears really do in the woods. 
That they could not or refused to deduce this from the perfectly straightforward, real world evidence weeks before Christmas marks them out as utter frauds. 
Interesting line about how its too early to say if Omicron has peaked, because that relies on people coming forward for testing. As I recall, each and every wave previously has also relied on this.

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

Express front page tomorrow saying all restrictions in England being binned in 10 days.

DO THOSE EVIL TORIES KNOW PEOPLE WILL GET THE SNIFFLES AND DIE?!?!?!111

9 hours ago, GTee said:

I always wished to see Scotland run similar to places like Denmark, for fairly obvious reasons. None of that matters to me while the Scottish Government prevent a return to truly normal life, something the UK Government seems far more willing to deliver. Without that first and foremost I struggle to give a toss about anything else.

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think it's only the right action if there is some differentiation between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

FUBRlPv.png

Yeah, such policies are going stellar wherever they're currently in place in Europe or the US. And I bet you already know ethnic minorities are much more likely to be unvaccinated. Clown.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Also someone with medical knowledge might know do we normally have red zones for infection control during the flu season? Might be a bit shit for the NHS if they have to isolate Covid patients.

Why should there be a differentiation? And what do you mean by this? Unvaccinated should have restrictions placed on them that the vaccinated don’t?