Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

“It will be the next normal, it won’t be the same as it was pre-Covid,” he said. 

“We’re not going to wake up on a Tuesday morning and think ‘that’s a relief, that’s all over we can just move on’.

“We’re gonna have to adapt to the next version of Covid.”

Oh, Clownshoes...

Why are the SG going ahead with this new normal message. Get it to f**k. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19845815.covid-scotland-nicola-sturgeon-fire-snails-pace-business-support-funding/

NICOLA Sturgeon has come under fire for crucial business support grants being handed over to traders “at a snail’s pace”.

At First Minister’s Questions, Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross pressed Ms Sturgeon over concerns raised by businesses they have not yet received funding to mitigate restrictions rolled out by the Scottish Government in response to the Omicron surge – despite previously being assured the cash would be handed over by Christmas.

Ms Sturgeon appeared to put the blame onto necessary red tape as councils give out the funding to protect against fraud.

Mr Ross pointed to his opponent’s pledge on December 14 that ”vital financial support…would be delivered before Christmas” but claimed that “the First Minister has failed”.

He added: “Many businesses have contacted us to say they can’t even apply for that funding yet, let alone receive a single penny.”

But the First Minister insisted that local authorities in partnership with the Scottish Government “are working to get that money to businesses as quickly as possible”.

She said: “There are some checks that councils have to do to guard against fraud – that process is ongoing for the hospitality strand, for example.

“Businesses who previously got support have been contacted – the vast bulk of those have been contacted. They have been asked to complete a declaration and the money will start to flow when those declarations have been returned.”

Ms Sturgeon told MSPs that “many councils are in the process now of making payments”, pointing to Edinburgh and Midlothian.

She added: “Nightclubs are being asked to submit an application – as soon as they do then money will be allocated to them within days of that.

“This is an ongoing process, but everybody is working hard to get the money into bank accounts of businesses as quickly as possible.”

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

“It will be the next normal, it won’t be the same as it was pre-Covid,” he said. 

“We’re not going to wake up on a Tuesday morning and think ‘that’s a relief, that’s all over we can just move on’.

We’re gonna have to adapt to the next version of Covid.

Oh, Clownshoes...

I genuinely felt sorry for him and the amount of abuse he used to get but now I really want to cave his head in with a brick 

It's almost like we sometimes have flu seasons that are a bit more severe than others. Do these fucking delusional psychopaths not realise that we undoubtedly will return to a point where all cause mortality is back at pre-pandemic levels and is sustained there, year after year? We're not even far from it now.

The Leitch's of this world aren't fit for purpose.

Edited by Elixir

Isolation ended today after 2 days of negative LFTS.

Friday night into Sunday morning was like hell on earth but now feel fine. I’ve still got a cough but I think it’s because of my asthma.

Apart from that I feel fine. Wee bit knackered but I think I’m back to normal.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Oh, Clownshoes...

Watched that interview. Deary me. Some of the things Bob wants to do are different from the things I would like to do. He wants to play five a sides. I would like to go to the cinema. Really? Some shite along the lines of protecting Tony by getting the vaccine, even though getting the vaccine doesn't prevent Tony getting Covid. So, you get the vaccine Tony, but if you go to your concert you could catch Covid from a fully vaccinated person and who knows. So as an expert it is up to you if you want to risk it. You have the bestest protection you'll ever have, but I am not going to commit to tell you that you're safe. Sorry but you decide.  But everyone, get the vaccine.

Thankfully I went to my local not long after and played darts, whilst others played pool, and others watched football. Not a mask in sight. No table service. No household numbers stuff. No distancing. Guaranteed noone took any test before going - even if they brushed their teeth (unlikely 😄). Not a hope in hell a vaccine passport will be required ever to get into your local boozer.

I'm not sure Jason is the type of guy who wants this to continue, even though he must have benefitted a great deal financially, and I'm sure he and the guys mean well, but they really don't seem to have a grasp of some other people's experiences out with their more privileged lifestyle.

I'm sure he was also bleating some pish about a dimmer switch being turned up and down - hinting vaccines forever.J

Jason. We've had enough. Unfortunately for you, it's game over. 👍

Rant over. More T tomorrow. 👍🍻

3 minutes ago, GTee said:

Watched that interview. Deary me. Some of the things Bob wants to do are different from the things I would like to do. He wants to play five a sides. I would like to go to the cinema. Really? Some shite along the lines of protecting Tony by getting the vaccine, even though getting the vaccine doesn't prevent Tony getting Covid. So, you get the vaccine Tony, but if you go to your concert you could catch Covid from a fully vaccinated person and who knows. So as an expert it is up to you if you want to risk it. You have the bestest protection you'll ever have, but I am not going to commit to tell you that you're safe. Sorry but you decide.  But everyone, get the vaccine.

Thankfully I went to my local not long after and played darts, whilst others played pool, and others watched football. Not a mask in sight. No table service. No household numbers stuff. No distancing. Guaranteed noone took any test before going - even if they brushed their teeth (unlikely 😄). Not a hope in hell a vaccine passport will be required ever to get into your local boozer.

I'm not sure Jason is the type of guy who wants this to continue, even though he must have benefitted a great deal financially, and I'm sure he and the guys mean well, but they really don't seem to have a grasp of some other people's experiences out with their more privileged lifestyle.

I'm sure he was also bleating some pish about a dimmer switch being turned up and down - hinting vaccines forever.J

Jason. We've had enough. Unfortunately for you, it's game over. 👍

Rant over. More T tomorrow. 👍🍻

^^^ had a mad oneMorgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Same thing happened last year. Forced to shut down completely for 3 weeks which in turn became 3 months and certain sectors didn't get a penny until mid to late Feb.

My Mrs, for the crime of being newly self-employed, didn't get any help for being forced out of hairdressing from essentially early December (apart from two weeks) until early April until the 25th of March.

I was filling out her self-assessment for 20-21 the other day and looking at how ludicrous it was that for almost 3 months, there was zero income. More ludicrous is that it took hours and hours of calls and dozens of emails to councillors and MSPs to finally get them to accept that they had failed her by forgetting her it was morally shocking to force her to cease trading if they were not willing to reimburse her for at least some of her lost earnings.

You'd think they'd learn from the mistakes they made last year and have their ducks in a row a wee bit but nah, as usual, they are flying by the seat of their pants and wouldn't dream of prepping a system in relative 'non emergency' times, that should it ever need rolled out, was already fit for purpose to get grants to people, businesses and livelihoods in good time. And they can do this because they happily push it out to local councils and tell people that it's them who are failing. 

Shameless stuff. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Novax kicked out of Oz again.
I assume it's because if this in the BBC report:

"made a false declaration on his travel form - which stated that he had not travelled in the 14 days prior to his arrival in Australia, when in fact he had been to Spain.

He said the mistake was made by his agent, calling it "human error" and adding that it was "not deliberate"."

Irrespective of your views on vaccination he really is an arrogant phanny. His "mistake" is about as believable as a Michael Fabricunt excuse.

Oh, Clownshoes...
That Tweet sums up the media in this country.

I don't need a second invitation to get annoyed at whatever Jason Leitch says but he does also say that the next variant could be milder.

As usual the media jump on the most negative and "scary" aspect of what he says and use it as their tagline. The lot of them are a fucking disgrace.

54 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume it's because if this in the BBC report:

"made a false declaration on his travel form - which stated that he had not travelled in the 14 days prior to his arrival in Australia, when in fact he had been to Spain.

He said the mistake was made by his agent, calling it "human error" and adding that it was "not deliberate"."

Irrespective of your views on vaccination he really is an arrogant phanny. His "mistake" is about as believable as a Michael Fabricunt excuse.

perhaps its about time that these cretins filled in their own documentation rather than try and blame others.

I didn't see the Jason Leitch Q&A but from what's on here about it he seems to have difficulty in understanding why people want to see more detail about who is in hospital for what reason. Is he so insular that he, and his employers, can't see that large swathes of the country simply don't believe anything that they say anymore? 

Last Friday I was expecting figures from every Health Board in Scotland showing data to exactly the same criteria. What we got was different information from two Health Boards and a suspicion that the rest didn't suit the agenda so it wasn't published. 

To be almost 2 years into a "public health crisis" and not be able to tell the public how much of a crisis they are in is really some failing.