Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Leitch 'If I had told you two years ago that you'd put a small test in your nose every single morning after you brushed your teeth, you wouldn't have believed me'.
Two years on, I still fucking don't Jason. Anyone who sticks an LFT up their hooter every single morning after they brush their teeth is surely in a tiny, tiny minority.
Most people would do well to continue regarding your words with a healthy dose of scepticism Jase, ya lying wee freak

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Clownshoes on Scotland Tonight and some arsehole maw from Falkirk submits a question and wants everyone to ALSO provide a negative LFT on top of being triple jagged to go to games.

The f**k is wrong with these people?

They listen to the government/media scare stories and actually believe that the virus will rip through an outdoor crowd like wildfire.

They’re quite happy to demand restrictions on activities they don’t partake in.  Everything they do is safe obviously because the government lets it happen unrestricted.

tldr: they’re c***s.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Clownshoes on Scotland Tonight and some arsehole maw from Falkirk submits a question and wants everyone to ALSO provide a negative LFT on top of being triple jagged to go to games.

The f**k is wrong with these people?

These people should be fitted with a non-removabable FFP3 mask and told to shut the f**k. 

He actually just said on national TV that we've now had 4 variants of covid, the first three were all more severe than the previous and only Omicron is slightly better. So the next version could be more severe again.

That is some bit of spin and it's not strictly true. The very first strains were more deadly in terms of case fatality rates. By the time delta rolled around, it was more infectious and killed a lower percentage of people.

He also went back to 'normal will be the next normal' shite.

Edited by djchapsticks

I put in a question to the Clown about whether he was able to say if vaccine passports had a causal effect on reducing transmissions, and why they would be needed going forward if they weren't sufficient to prevent restrictions over the past 3/4 weeks. 

Apparently we need to divide cities into two, where half use them and half don't, in order to find out if they actually work - rather than just looking at the body of international evidence that already exists. In the meantime, we just don't know; although the suggestion that those settings using passports are 'safer' than those that don't was passed off as fact nonetheless.

I was hardly expecting him to say 'yeah they're completely pointless', but it's revealing of the non-existent threshold the Scottish Government and their clownshoes advisors are setting for their continued use; completely contrary to the early assurances that they were an emergency measure and would be kept no longer than necessary. 

Another policy where Scotland will have to be dragged kicking and screaming back into sanity by backbench Tory nutters, no doubt.

2 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I put in a question to the Clown about whether he was able to say if vaccine passports had a causal effect on reducing transmissions, and why they would be needed going forward if they weren't sufficient to prevent restrictions over the past 3/4 weeks. 

Apparently we need to divide cities into two, where half use them and half don't, in order to find out if they actually work - rather than just looking at the body of international evidence that already exists. In the meantime, we just don't know; although the suggestion that those settings using passports are 'safer' than those that don't was passed off as fact nonetheless.

I was hardly expecting him to say 'yeah they're completely pointless', but it's revealing of the non-existent threshold the Scottish Government and their clownshoes advisors are setting for their continued use; completely contrary to the early assurances that they were an emergency measure and would be kept no longer than necessary. 

Another policy where Scotland will have to be dragged kicking and screaming back into sanity by backbench Tory nutters, no doubt.

Was that you on the telly? :lol:

5 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

That’s utterly mental.

Even more worrying is that no-one will be surprised at this answer and a good chunk of the population will actually lap it up.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He actually just said on national TV that we've now had 4 variants of covid, the first three were all more severe than the previous and only Omicron is slightly better. So the next version could be more severe again.

That is some bit of spin and it's not strictly true. The very first strains were more deadly in terms of case fatality rates. By the time delta rolled around, it was more infectious and killed a lower percentage of people.

He also went back to 'normal will be the next normal' shite.

I feel sorry for the likes of Leitch in a way. Sold his soul to be centre of attention, only for England to repeatedly highlight he talks pish.

When England once again go essentially back to normal, people in Scotland will obviously notice the ceiling hasn't caved in and adjust their behaviours back to normal. Wee Jase will once again be relegated to an afterthought.

Anyone testing themselves daily as a matter of routine (like brushing their teeth), then actually changes their plans for a week despite absolutely nothing being wrong with them, needs to have a little word with themselves about what it is they think they are achieving.

If that's how you want to live your life then knock yourself out. Wear your masks, leave your windows open in winter, and sanitise your hands raw. Just don't expect and demand everyone else to live in your hypochondriac "utopia"

12 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Data or thresholds don’t matter to these people.  They were quick enough to ignore their own thresholds back in the days of levels/tiers and keep people restricted.

43 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Data or thresholds don’t matter to these people.  They were quick enough to ignore their own thresholds back in the days of levels/tiers and keep people restricted.

Absolutely- I remember after the ‘2 week circuit breaker’ last October/November hoping Edinburgh would get moved to tier 2 and outdoor pints would be allowed (why was that even banned in the first place?)

It never happened despite Edinburgh being well within the SG thresholds.

Crazy that it was illegal to meet 2 mates in a garden or leave your council area for 8 months.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A member of staff, not so much - they are being forced to challenge you.

They aren't though. In fact the guidelines explicitly state they are not to challenge you.

Neither party comes across particularly well in these scenarios.

11 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Excuse my laziness but can anyone advise if the negative LFT in lieu of being boosted has to be recorded with the NHS to count towards admittance to events? 

Would expect so. You could record a negative test result without taking the test, though (as you now can a positive if you fancy a week off work), but obviously you could only record each code once.

“It will be the next normal, it won’t be the same as it was pre-Covid,” he said. 

“We’re not going to wake up on a Tuesday morning and think ‘that’s a relief, that’s all over we can just move on’.

We’re gonna have to adapt to the next version of Covid.

Oh, Clownshoes...

Triggle is an absolute shagger. Mainstream journalist of the pandemic by a mile.
Properly gets Deepti rattled too, although that’s not hard I guess.
It's a shame it's taken almost 2 years for the likes of him to start applying some context to these figures. 
[emoji1787]