Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's bizarre how the SNP tell people exactly what the plan they are following is and people genuinely don't believe them. He's not going on the radio and saying this shit for a laugh. It's an incremental process and every update on restrictions is immediately followed by a preview of the next stage to give the public the maximum amount of time to get used to the idea.

Living With Covid is doublespeak for bringing in a permanent new normal and as Swinney says more vaccines and permanent vaccine passports are on the agenda. 

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye it's odd, it's too pointless to be a lie - unless I've missed some benefit lying about that brings? 

But it's also too obvious to miss so I don't get it. 

Usually when people say other people are lying about statistics here it's because they're using different data streams or time stamps. It's possible the SG isn't relying on today's issue of Travelling Tabby. As you suggest it's difficult to see any benefit to them by lying about it.

P.S. Travelling Tabby's great by the way.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Usually when people say other people are lying about statistics here it's because they're using different data streams or time stamps. It's possible the SG isn't relying on today's issue of Travelling Tabby. As you suggest it's difficult to see any benefit to them by lying about it.

Travelling Tabby is quite transparent about where he gets his data from.  You can download his data sources from his website.

I’m speculating here but I suspect the government have access to the same data he’s using.

image.thumb.jpeg.592aefc7afbf00e28866849a879d989a.jpeg

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Swinney on the radio saying that regular testing and vaccinations are going to be normal and there's no going back to the pre March 2020 way of life

At least if that useless arsehole’s track record is anything to go by he’ll have done u-turn on it by tomorrow morning.

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's bizarre how the SNP tell people exactly what the plan they are following is and people genuinely don't believe them. He's not going on the radio and saying this shit for a laugh. It's an incremental process and every update on restrictions is immediately followed by a preview of the next stage to give the public the maximum amount of time to get used to the idea.

Living With Covid is doublespeak for bringing in a permanent new normal and as Swinney says more vaccines and permanent vaccine passports are on the agenda. 

Shut up, you crackpot.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Peak in mid to late Jan

image.png.5da687c4bc61aafbf213ec6fb99f28e0.png

An absolute nonsense to not lift all restrictions immediately, never mind extending them a week

20220111_172210.jpg

I had a “debate” with someone earlier who was insistent that the peak was still a week or two away. They kept quoting predictions from weeks ago as if it was more relevant than the actual data that was staring them right in the face.

All because they can’t dare criticise their favourite political party. What a fucking mindset.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On the positive side, Sturgeon apparently is promising to publish, in a few weeks, what she expects in the long term with regards to how we live with covid. Quite why she hasn't already done this 2 years into the crisis is beyond me but there you go.

Has she not already done this twice before?

It would appear her grasp of the "long term" plan is close to nil.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Swinney on the radio saying that regular testing and vaccinations are going to be normal and there's no going back to the pre March 2020 way of life

Did the interviewer offer listeners a disclaimer that he was a bald, specky tube?

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Travelling Tabby is quite transparent about where he gets his data from.  You can download his data sources from his website.

I’m speculating here but I suspect the government have access to the same data he’s using.

image.thumb.jpeg.592aefc7afbf00e28866849a879d989a.jpeg

Yeah, the Scottish government are donkeys.

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. Travelling Tabby's great by the way.

cover14.jpg

26 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Leitch riding every last penny out that gravy train 

In 18 months he will probably be doing those birthday message videos for 50 pound a pop covered head to toe in PPE

Sure won,t be going back to his real job You need a lot of trust in a dentist If he was telling you something needed done in your mouth who is going to believe a single word that he says?

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Do booster clinics do Moderna and Pfizer, and does anyone know if you can see which are on offer before you book? 
Absolutely no chance I'm having Moderna again.

I was told the master vaccination centres tend to be Moderna and the more local places are Pfizer.

Cool. I'll book the smallest place near me I can find. Can always go back another day if they don't have it.

Cheers!