Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Sarwar turning the screws here as well asking about the justification for measures, especially if implemented in the future.

Where was this level of questioning the last 12 months?!

The shan variant restrictions have pushed the dial towards majority opposition to restrictions for the first time, and opposition politicians are following that lead. 

There should have been credible opposition to the mass groupthink exercise of 2021, but the above dynamic explains its emergence now. 

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

She said that this is being considered over the next few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

She specifically stated they may need to roll it out more extensively to more sectors as a future measure to live with covid.

I just can't see it after the pushback last time and it would be just as England removes them. It would be untenable and intolerable.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

So if Clyde's home matches with Airdrie or QP go past 1000 (unlikely but not completely impossible), they need to check 1000 vaccine passports. What is this nonsense?

Screenshot_20220111-145351_Chrome.jpg

It’s a fairly simple thing to do in all honesty. Been to 2 or 3 Aarau games since they brought this in over here. All they done was set up a perimeter fence outside the ground with a few security scanning the QR codes and checking ID before you got to the gates. Added maybe 5 minutes at most onto the entry time.

I think it’s completely pointless for what it’s worth, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a very easy thing to implement.

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I think Boris is fucked, most people don't *really* care about most political scandals but this directly impacted everyone in the country.

The Tories are also the very best party at knifing their leaders.  Margaret Thatcher was the absolutely dominant queen of the party, won a huge majority but within three years they mercilessly kebabed her.  If these new Tory MPs have any understanding of voters they'll realise that very few of them have any real attachment to Boris or the Tories, the factors that drove their win were mainly incidental.  

It could be a very nice bloodbath, all things considered.  I wonder which of his Cabinet will be the ones to f**k him over. 

Every single one of them.

The slow drip-drip of evidence of lockdown-busting behaviour which Patel, Truss, Sunak, Raaaaab, Gove, et al will be releasing about each other in the following leadership contest should see popcorn sales increase nationwide, as well. All that is missing is a realisation on the opposition Front Bench that Max Headroom is just as big a liabilty as Johnson.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Probably just ironing out the one-way systems and limits on numbers who can go for a shite at any one time.

What kind of oddball goes for a shite at the football?

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

If these restrictions are lifted, what is seriously stopping them from allowing full crowds this weekend? It's another weekend for the lower league clubs without some desperately needed income, while just over 48 hours later Celtic Park will have a full house. 

Much like SKY, the Scottish government are unaware of any football out-with the old firm.

34 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Table service and other restrictions on hospitality will hopefully be lifted from 24th January - update next week.

The day after my birthday. b*****ds.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It’s a fairly simple thing to do in all honesty. Been to 2 or 3 Aarau games since they brought this in over here. All they done was set up a perimeter fence outside the ground with a few security scanning the QR codes and checking ID before you got to the gates. Added maybe 5 minutes at most onto the entry time.

I think it’s completely pointless for what it’s worth, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a very easy thing to implement.

Celtic Park three weeks tomorrow, a dark Wednesday evening, probably pissing with rain, 5 celsius, a security cordon, a few guards on minimum wage and 30,000 people getting stopped and checked before getting to the stadium gates? Any, I can see see that going swimmingly well...

8 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Why is she such an arsehole to anyone asking a question? Why feel the need to immediately belittle someone asking a perfectly valid question straight away. Getting close to Trump levels here...

The mere suggestion that she is anything like Trump in her approach is enough to send many a supporter off on one.

It's amazing how different they claim to be yet how similar they really are.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

I reckon if anybody isn’t going to vote Tory because of rule breaking, they’re probably reflected in the existing polls. The latest revelations won’t be revelations to anyone, as everybody knows they’ve all been at it.

I'm hoping that, while no-one is going to want to admit being had over when asked*, in the privacy of the voting booth there will be a much more honest reaction - and it won't be better for these scum.

*just look at some of the contortions being aired on how Brexit might turn out  to be less then a total disaster  at some indeterminate point in the far future

as justification for supporting the biggest ever act of financial self-harm on the grounds that you wanted less brown refugees from UK-created warzones.

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Celtic Park three weeks tomorrow, a dark Wednesday evening, probably pissing with rain, 5 celsius, a security cordon, a few guards on minimum wage and 30,000 people getting stopped and checked before getting to the stadium gates? Any, I can see see that going swimmingly well...

Last time I was at Parkhead (at the away end at least) they had gates well before the turnstile preventing you from getting past.

They didn’t give much of a f**k, my app wouldn’t load up and they just shrugged and let me through.

As long as they’ve got visible measures in place for show, they won’t care about the actual checking.

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What kind of oddball goes for a shite at the football?

Only had to do it once in my life IIRC, at Tynecastle years ago. Wasn't as bad as feared but the bogs were relatively new at the time.