Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

“Every interaction comes with a significant risk” 

What in the actual f**k is this language? Folk are genuinely scared of going out the house, why are you encouraging that. 

Spot on pal. The ego involved in saying something like that from a platform like she has is astonishing. I genuinely hope she looks back on this and sees it for the sinful abuse of power that it is. Doubtful though.

Douglas Ross (I know...) just asked a great question about the additional restrictions. He asked very clearly, what evidence does she have that the passport scheme should be expanded or even considered to be. The question was completely ignored. Sturgeon is really all over the shop here. 

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

She really doesn't like someone asking relevant questions. 

Yes that's clearly the case again here. The somewhat smug reply (which largely ignores the question) scarcely covering the irritation she feels at being challenged.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Just now, Scosha said:

She really doesn't like someone asking relevant questions. 

I dont claim to have been prophetic at all way back when, but see last January when I was moaning about the vaccine program and how it could have sped up, I remember being utterly seething at the way she answered a question from Dicky Leonard I think it was. Totally rude and dismissive. That was the start of it. 

Genuinely have no interest in anything Nicola Sturgeon has to say any more. No interest in being spoken to by someone who thinks they are effectively the parent of an unruly child. 

Why are folk thinking they're planning on expanding the vaxx pass nonsense to hospitality, etc? There was nothing overly suggestive going off the Twitter updates. The 'strategic framework' will simply be mundane theatre, I expect.

Just now, Elixir said:

Why are folk thinking they're planning on expanding the vaxx pass nonsense to hospitality, etc? There was nothing overly suggestive going off the Twitter updates. The 'strategic framework' will simply be mundane nonsense, I expect.

She said that this is being considered over the next few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How many times are they going to set themselves up with stupid shit that has to be walked back?

They're not going to check all those passports. Checking 50% of something thats worthless is wven more worthless. 

Its not happening. Fucking drop it. 

Their thought process is 'care more than the Tories, then assess the data'.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Sarwar turning the screws here as well asking about the justification for measures, especially if implemented in the future.

Where was this level of questioning the last 12 months?!

Feels wrong agreeing with Sarwar and Ross. 

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Why are folk thinking they're planning on expanding the vaxx pass nonsense to hospitality, etc? There was nothing overly suggestive going off the Twitter updates. The 'strategic framework' will simply be mundane nonsense, I expect.

She specifically stated they may need to roll it out more extensively to more sectors as a future measure to live with covid.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The failure of the policy started when people were able to self declare (without the need to prove) that they were exempt.

It further failed when it allowed people to use literally anything to cover their face.

If they wish to keep facecoverings around in genuine high-risk settings (i.e. parts of hospitals) then fine, but they need to have no exceptions, and provide decent masks (e.g. FFP2 / FFP3). But this needs to be demonstrated how they help with infection control in general, and not just a slight reduction in one specific pathogen.

Keeping masks around on public transport / aircraft / shops / hospitality (for about 2 minutes of your entire stay) is just completely silly and shouldn't even be entertained.

I hate to point it out again, but it's a very basic difference between FRSMs (and unregulated "face coverings") and ffp2/ffp3 respirator masks.

FRSMs protect others from the wearer. FFPs (and BP-RPE kits) protect the wearer from the environment.

It's not about which masks are "decent"* - they serve a different purpose.

*Although the majority of "face coverings" I've seen on sale/being used aren't worth a w**k.**

** Apologies for the H&S jargon.

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Sarwar turning the screws here as well asking about the justification for measures, especially if implemented in the future.

Where was this level of questioning the last 12 months?!

Imo not even the Scottish opposition could miss the open goal that was in front of them here. 

When she 'increased protections' around Christmas whilst the Tories gambled the other way and held their nerve I felt a serious change in mood towards the Scottish Government. Especially from people I know who have been largely very supportive of them throughout.

It's taken far too long. But it's very welcome to see her decisions being challenged by half-decent questions, rather than the usual drivel or rambling rants with few coherent points. 

The FM is also really bad at responding to challenging questions, put across well. Which is understandable given it's something she's very rarely faced.