Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Left Back said:

40 according to Sky News.  No idea if there was a difference between invited and attended.

Wonder where the nearest offie to No. 10 is?

You know what; I couldn’t get myself too wound up a couple of weeks ago over a few staff having post-work pizzas or a handful having a drink in the gardens, as leaked (by Cummings presumably) but this latest claim in simply unbelievable. What a shower of brass necked clowns and it’s a total slap in the face to the British public who by and large made the sacrifices required at the time. 

1 minute ago, deegee said:

You know what; I couldn’t get myself too wound up a couple of weeks ago over a few staff having post-work pizzas or a handful having a drink in the gardens, as leaked (by Cummings presumably) but this latest claim in simply unbelievable. What a shower of brass necked clowns and it’s a total slap in the face to the British public who by and large made the sacrifices required at the time. 

Was just chatting to Mrs. B about why Dowden was giving the briefing that day instead of Johnson.

He must have been following the rules about sitting in the house bored out your tits for an hour waiting for the wife to get ready.

Only rules he’s followed.

19 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Boris seemingly having more Downing Street garden parties . This time back in May 2020 when restrictions were at their height 

we really are living in an age where political satire is pointless as it is actually real life 

It is high time that the clown was shown the door. 

Beyond despairing that the only reason restrictions weren't tightened in England was because the Tory party has taken a kicking because of Johnson and his backbenchers have the daggers out. If he strays too far, he's out. 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

My guess is the crowd no matter what size will still need vaccine passport checkers regardless of there being 500 in or 60,000

Why though? We've already discovered through this varient and the previous ones that people double/triple vaccinated have been getting covid. Vaccine passports make no sense as you can still have covid despite showing a QR code. 

I'll refrain from a heads gone until the announcement tomorrow, but I fear more of the same shit. Watched an English game for the first time in ages tonight and Old Trafford was almost full, barely a mask in sight and it was glorious to see (despite the fact I cant stand Man Utd). Yet we'll be soldiering on with 500 crowds and most clubs out of pocket playing these games.

Tomorrow I'm at a Glasgow Clan match. 200 people allowed in a near 4000 seater arena with no crowd restrictions in the actual shopping centre there. Pitiful, throw in the fact my Christmas gift to my mum of tickets for Strictly Come Dancing on the 1st weekend of Feb, plus my work continuing to be in limbo and little income coming in. Feel it will be a case of cheers Nic, Mums crying now. I'll be deflated with another 3 weeks minimum of this pish

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why though? We've already discovered through this varient and the previous ones that people double/triple vaccinated have been getting covid. Vaccine passports make no sense as you can still have covid despite showing a QR code. 

Just based on the SNP

I will be as pleasantly shocked as anyone if they all of a sudden decide that full houses are back at the drop of a hat . But based on their performance so far throughout the pandemic slow and cautious is most likely what we are going to get 

9 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it’s getting time for civil disobedience.

Was in Morrison’s today and the wife and I were the only unmasked humanoids.

They've completely brainwashed the Scottish population into total subjugation.

We have to start somewhere.

Please, please dump your masks otherwise where will things end?

havent worn one in 18 months mate, exasperating watching everyone falling for this panto like servile dogs

ending this takes individual courage so well done to you and the wife

2 hours ago, Glennie said:

havent worn one in 18 months mate, exasperating watching everyone falling for this panto like servile dogs

ending this takes individual courage so well done to you and the wife

They'll write about people like you for a long, long time. Heroes!

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'll refrain from a heads gone until the announcement tomorrow, but I fear more of the same shit. Watched an English game for the first time in ages tonight and Old Trafford was almost full, barely a mask in sight and it was glorious to see (despite the fact I cant stand Man Utd). Yet we'll be soldiering on with 500 crowds and most clubs out of pocket playing these games.

Tomorrow I'm at a Glasgow Clan match. 200 people allowed in a near 4000 seater arena with no crowd restrictions in the actual shopping centre there. Pitiful, throw in the fact my Christmas gift to my mum of tickets for Strictly Come Dancing on the 1st weekend of Feb, plus my work continuing to be in limbo and little income coming in. Feel it will be a case of cheers Nic, Mums crying now. I'll be deflated with another 3 weeks minimum of this pish

The point re 200 in the arena and no restrictions on the shopping centre is a perfect example of the lunacy surrounding this latest round of protections. 

In theory everyone with a ticket could meet in the food court but only the chosen 200 would be able to go through to the arena, makes nonsense at all.