Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'll save my head's gone for tomorrow, but the comments about football crowds, the whisky festival I was going to on the 22nd being postponed on Friday, and Leitch's recent mewlings about restrictions working give me a very strong feeling about what is going to be announced.

Tbf, he was also said Christmas parties were ok, and then less than two hours later Public Health Scotland said don’t go to Christmas parties.

6 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Dreading the announcement tomorrow. I think NS will stick to her guns especially with the Leitch comments today. 

There is simply no justification for keeping anything restricted any longer, and as far as I can tell, no money to keep restrictions in any case.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

3 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Encouragingly Linda Bauld this afternoon talking about how it’s about time to lift restrictions, but it’s not her decision to make.

Surprised by this, but good stuff. 

Hopefully Leitch just out on his own today, spouting his usual nonsense. 

A reminder that 'Plan B' will expire in England on the 26th. Not a chance will they extend it given the current data and backbench pressure. Even Detournement's pal Gove and his WEF lizard tentacles has rowed back and admitted he was wrong about restrictions, such is the shifting mood.

It is in that context the Scottish Government's nonsense must be viewed. England is two weeks away from where they were since 19th July, which felt 99% like pre-pandemic normality. Even the continued tinkering around the edges simply must stop at this point.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

More bullshit being called out - 6th December

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/ofcom-gives-lorraine-kelly-warning-22704251

The ITV chat-show Lorraine has received just shy of 4,000 Ofcom complaints after incorrectly referencing the amount of unvaccinated Covid-19 patients in hospital.

Dr. Hilary said........

Oliver Hardy GIF - Oliver Hardy Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

indeed

The true figure of 90 percent of covid patients in ICU being unvaccinated is impressive enough, I think it was sloppy rather than deliberate.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

This concerns me (the implication as previously that masks will be with us in the "longer term".

This is the corner these fucking psychos have backed themselves into. There is no way they can keep such nonsense in place without the emergency laws, which there will be no justification to keep. Once we get through this winter I won't be wearing a mask ever again here.

Putting on my ex-civil servant hat...there isn't anything else he could have said. He couldn't come out and say "We made a mistake. They should be rolled back." That's for the politicians to say. 
Civil servants are very restricted in what they can say. In private he could be arguing for things to be relaxed, but when the decision is made he has to hit the media and give the official line. I doubt he is, but it is possible. 
That's fine but there are times he's answered questions that he should not answer - he's often given his personal opinion instead of saying that a decision is still to be made etc etc.

The WHO paving the way to declare it all over in the next six months, leaving psychos like Detournement and Sturgeon at opposite ends of the horseshoe scrambling for relevance.