Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I stated that we hated women commentating on ‘men’s football’, a game they don’t participate in.

Out of interest are there other men's football related jobs that you hate to see women doing?

I saw that tweet from the Comedian that people are sharing and was discussed in here. Basically, it’s misinformation and much of it was factually wrong. What it does indicate is that there’s a small and highly vocal (and influential in certain circles) view of people who think we should essentially be locked down or in threat of lockdown until some ill defined target is achieved.

Its not the view of most people but it is that of a small group who lose at just about everything. Sadly in the UK it’s often losers who can influence policy in soft ways. Sad!

Feels like Australia went out of their way to make a point after djokovic’s tweet and have made a c**t of it. 

Djokovic has now lost days of training which may materially impact his chances of winning the tournament. 

So everyone loses, which on reflection, feels like the best possible result. 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

e Australia went out of their way to make a point after djokovic’s tweet and have made a c**t of it. 

Djokovic has now lost days of training which may materially impact his chances of winning the tournament. 

The immigration minister still has the overall power to cancel his visa, which it's believed is now being discussed, which would exclude him from the country for 3 years. 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else expecting the restrictions will be lifted in this week’s update? 

Hope so but I have my doubts. The FM's rant about the suggestion in a newspaper article that free LFT's be withdrawn allied to the widely reported comments by Mr Yousaf that they do not intend to reduce self isolation makes me think they are intending to dig in and try and make a further point about how much more they care. 

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Feels like Australia went out of their way to make a point after djokovic’s tweet and have made a c**t of it. 

He is going to be deported. Biofascism won't take a step back.

The consensus today that unless you have the correct number of approved vaccines to enter a country you should be barred pretty much kills international travel as it formerly existed. 

The immigration minister still has the overall power to cancel his visa, which it's believed is now being discussed, which would exclude him from the country for 3 years. 

I think it would be even funnier for me, if he was allowed entry, and then tested positive before his match.

24 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Hope so but I have my doubts. The FM's rant about the suggestion in a newspaper article that free LFT's be withdrawn allied to the widely reported comments by Mr Yousaf that they do not intend to reduce self isolation makes me think they are intending to dig in and try and make a further point about how much more they care. 

Why do they want to do that? 

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Out of interest are there other men's football related jobs that you hate to see women doing?

Not at all. There are lots of women directors, executives, physios, officials etc. in football. 

The point is just one of personal preference regarding the punditry side of it. 
I hadn’t really thought much about it until my wife stated that she much preferred listening to the views of top ex pros who are obviously male.

Each to his own preferences.

The Harry Enfield sketch put up by Kincardine was hilarious. Hadn’t seen that one before.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He is going to be deported. Biofascism won't take a step back.

The consensus today that unless you have the correct number of approved vaccines to enter a country you should be barred pretty much kills international travel as it formerly existed. 

It's the same for other animals, it's not just us. There is rabies, swine flu, bird flu.

I don’t expect any relaxation of rules for Scotland this week. Some of the anecdotal stuff I’m hearing is that while there’s no doubt that this variant is less deadly, hospitals are expecting the next 3 weeks to be their busiest ever. I’ve heard stories of people being cleared out of offices in hospitals to create space to put beds and army personnel being called in. NHS Grampian are supposed to be declaring a major incident today.

There’s not the same death toll obviously, but it’s just very difficult to accommodate the numbers. While the restrictions are obviously largely symbolic and ineffective, I can’t see Sturgeon removing them while hospitals look like that.

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

Does Sturgeon know something the NHS top brass down south don't? Is it a different virus or health service in England? Or will she simply apologise for the ruin her government caused over the festive period?

The NHS is struggling without  lockdown = spl gates are dwindling without rangers

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Why do they want to do that? 

For the same reason they effectively shut down football, because they can. 

I'd be delighted if they do away with  restrictions on crowds and the licenced trade but on past experience I chose to answer the guys question as I did. 

Shutting football down to teach a lesson on keeping your distance wasn't really that scientific or evidence based was it? 

1 minute ago, ddfg said:

For the same reason they effectively shut down football, because they can. 

I'd be delighted if they do away with  restrictions on crowds and the licenced trade but on past experience I chose to answer the guys question as I did. 

Shutting football down to teach a lesson on keeping your distance wasn't really that scientific or evidence based was it? 

They make decisions to protect our health or they make decisions to win votes, or both. I don't think they make decisions just for something to do.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

You mean similar to pre covid levels and entirely expected for the time of year?

That’s not going to make any difference where optics are concerned. And it’s not “entirely expected” to take those measures.