Coronavirus (COVID-19)

All over bar the shouting in the UK epicentre. I'd be shocked if there isn't concrete plans in place in Whitehall to roll pretty much everything back by Easter. Even if they deny things like scrapping LFTs because of screeching from the likes of the 'Independent SAGE' cult.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s not the only one.  That oaksoft guy was continually making a c**t of himself on the politics thread, he’s now come on to here and found a home by, err, still making a c**t of himself.

This is the worst of cowardly snide behaviour. Call @oaksoft out if you want but at least ‘@‘ him so he’s got the right of reply. 

Just now, alta-pete said:

This is the worst of cowardly snide behaviour. Call @oaksoft out if you want but at least ‘@‘ him so he’s got the right of reply. 

I’ve got him on ignore so little point.  If folk didn’t keep quoting him I wouldn’t know he was posting so much.

BTW this isn’t real life, just the internet.  Maybe you’re taking it a we bit too seriously.

HTH.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve got him on ignore so little point.  If folk didn’t keep quoting him I wouldn’t know he was posting so much.

BTW this isn’t real life, just the internet.  Maybe you’re taking it a we bit too seriously.

HTH.

Brave enough to put him on ignore but still making the effort to run him down, riiight….

12F579BA-DE95-4E39-AB32-6A4AB2E5F386.gif

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Tuesday.

Had that meeting with my MSP today, around 2 hours. Will try post a summary tomorrow, prefer to do tasks like that when I'm being paid at work.

As an aside, as someone who often gets incredibly angry looking at the covid stuff (and indeed this thread) I would encourage everyone from the Main Players to the moonhowlers to engage democratically with your MSP on this stuff. Regardless of who they are, as someone who is really struggling with the restrictions continuing, posting of frothing-at-the-mouth paragraphs in this thread actually just makes it worse for me frankly. Get out and speak to the people who represent you - regardless of your views on things - it will make you feel much much better. 

That's good to hear if your local MSP is engaging. I contacted ours a couple of times last year and it was party line central, every response could have come straight from a government press release. When he told me that fast food outlets were more important to keep open than gyms and sports centres I decided to stop wasting my time. 

47 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'll refer you back to my previous response until you get it. I don't deny I've been 'obsessed' with the ongoing ramifications of the covid response. I'm not, and never have been, a pots and pans banging, banana bread baking, 'I'm all right, Jack, and think we should keep people safe with restrictions that don't impact me' tosser.

Why are you overcomplicating this? Nobody else is saying anything about banana bread or pots and pans.  You didn't either in the relevant post. You simply said that Covid was an obsession of the middle classes.  That's funny because you're clearly obsessed by it more than most.

Stop wriggling.  It's not helping you.  

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Tuesday.

Had that meeting with my MSP today, around 2 hours. Will try post a summary tomorrow, prefer to do tasks like that when I'm being paid at work.

As an aside, as someone who often gets incredibly angry looking at the covid stuff (and indeed this thread) I would encourage everyone from the Main Players to the moonhowlers to engage democratically with your MSP on this stuff. Regardless of who they are, as someone who is really struggling with the restrictions continuing, posting of frothing-at-the-mouth paragraphs in this thread actually just makes it worse for me frankly. Get out and speak to the people who represent you - regardless of your views on things - it will make you feel much much better. 

My MSP acknowledged my EMail to her which followed up the points I made earlier - See my remarks in my entry of 31 December on this thread, but she has not replied further. Too busy I guess with her Ministerial duties but I do need to know whether the full vaccination programme ( two plus a booster plus a winter flu shot for my wife and myself ) will  suffice to give us a good chance of keeping us clear of exposure to the virus. I would hate to think we have been misled again.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What the f**k is wrong with you ? 

Massive company shits on poorly paid workers and you cheer on. Very weird.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You realise that “unvaccinated” includes ethnic minorities who are often vaccine hesitant because of inherent mistrust of governments or authorities, often as a result of prior oppression?

Cutting sick pay knowing that sounds like a lovely thing to do.

7 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

You realise that “unvaccinated” includes ethnic minorities who are often vaccine hesitant because of inherent mistrust of governments or authorities, often as a result of prior oppression?

Cutting sick pay knowing that sounds like a lovely thing to do.

That would be a mitigating circumstance. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That would be a mitigating circumstance. 

If mandatory vaccinations are a public health neccessity then why are you throwing about theoretical examptions where you think it might be politically unpopular to force the issue? Its either needed or it's not. 

You and everyone else trumpeting the need for this policy are too cowardly to stand behind it, because there isn't actually any basis for its implementation. 

It's discriminatory, and there is no basis in medical need, or pandemic mitigation to enforce it. That means it shouldn't be enforced, rather than more cherry picking bullshit masquerading as caring about minorities. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If mandatory vaccinations are a public health neccessity then why are you throwing about theoretical examptions where you think it might be politically unpopular to force the issue? Its either needed or it's not. 

You and everyone else trumpeting the need for this policy are too cowardly to stand behind it, because there isn't actually any basis for its implementation. 

It's discriminatory, and there is no basis in medical need, or pandemic mitigation to enforce it. That means it shouldn't be enforced, rather than more cherry picking bullshit masquerading as caring about minorities. 

ts/dr.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I'm going to cease commenting on this issue after this post because it's neither my nor your business to go into detail, but here are the facts:

1) Someone going into this of all threads and making a set of wildly passive-agressive complaints about it is not a sign of anything at all. Otherwise you'd be white knighting for ten different folk each day. 

2) The presence of previous mental health issues does not count as a free pass to make objectively terrible posts and not to get called on it, in any poster. 

3) The actual and very straightforward solution to the issue raised has already been clearly set out. If you don't like reading a topic and don't want to contribute, then don't fucking click on it. In the exact same way that I've never had the slightest desire to read 90% of the threads on this or any other forum. I don't wade into them and demand that they talk about something else instead.

b) And if that doesn't work, then there's always the big 'sign out' function to get back to the 'real life' that you're convinced only exists for certain posters. 

That you and many others believe that there is a 'gang' operating against you on a Scottish football forum suggests that you should follow that advice yourself immediately. 

You don't get to tell anyone what is or not their business, nor do you get to pass off your opinion as fact. 

In my opinion (see how it works?) the "actual and straightforward solution" is quite simply to stop being a cúnt and resorting to cheap jibes in order to gain your wee coterie of sycophants' approval. Or, to put it even more simply, occasionally make the choice of not being a cúnt - because it is a choice. 

You'll no doubt have a wee folder next to the one full of amusing pictures where you keep the posts where I say there is a gang operating against me. Oh, no, wait..

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Why's that?

You had very strong opinions on sick pay the other day. To the point you called me right wing. I'm curious to know your thoughts on a hardcore SNP fan celebrating a large company choosing which employees will get sick pay based on their normal earnings and those getting papped with woefully inadequate SSP based on their medical status.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What an absolutely despicable c**t of a human being you are.

You pretend to be in favour of an progressive fairer Scotland (as the independence movement claims) yet you support actions like this?