Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, virginton said:

There is no evidence of a 'further crisis', only evidence of someone braying for something to be done about posts that he doesn't like(1)

The onus is not on everyone posting on a football forum to placate the utter shite mewlings of an individual, in case of mental health. Never has been and never will be.(2)

And If you are so concerned about it, then you should have taken it up personally with the poster(3), instead of trying to lay out their private health record as part of your latest and utterly pathetic virtue-signalling exercise. (4)

Your lectures will therefore be automatically filed in the bin where they belong. Thanks for playing anyway.

1. Anyone reading their posts would see that something was going on. You've simply reinforced my opinion of how you view others' input. 

2. Acting in a respectful manner isn't compulsory. If you behave like a cúnt, don't go crying when you get called out for it. 

3. I have done, and am continuing to do so. Not that it's any of your fucking business. 

4. I didn't. He did, some months ago. But don't let that stop you fabricating your own wee story where you're the superior one. I'm sure the rest of the gang will be along to rub your ego soon.

I'm going to cease commenting on this issue after this post because it's neither my nor your business to go into detail, but here are the facts:

1) Someone going into this of all threads and making a set of wildly passive-agressive complaints about it is not a sign of anything at all. Otherwise you'd be white knighting for ten different folk each day. 

2) The presence of previous mental health issues does not count as a free pass to make objectively terrible posts and not to get called on it, in any poster. 

3) The actual and very straightforward solution to the issue raised has already been clearly set out. If you don't like reading a topic and don't want to contribute, then don't fucking click on it. In the exact same way that I've never had the slightest desire to read 90% of the threads on this or any other forum. I don't wade into them and demand that they talk about something else instead.

b) And if that doesn't work, then there's always the big 'sign out' function to get back to the 'real life' that you're convinced only exists for certain posters. 

That you and many others believe that there is a 'gang' operating against you on a Scottish football forum suggests that you should follow that advice yourself immediately. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I want all restrictions lifted. However, I, like many others who share this view are able to do so without wasting hours and hours a week reading about Covid, trawling through Twitter for people to laugh at, posting Jose Mourinho meme faces like a small child etc.

This all began because the xenophobic, immigrant hating SNP made it hard for girlfriend to fly to Poland to see her family so you could get 2 weeks of Tennent's Lager and wanking.

Yet here you are showing everyone how clearly not bothered you are by it all. Terrific stuff, bud! Thankfully, though, other Twitter users do the 'hard work' of finding people to laugh at!

5 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t think you know how life works.

Very good, mate. Tell me more.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
I want all restrictions lifted. However, I, like many others who share this view are able to do so without wasting hours and hours a week reading about Covid, trawling through Twitter for people to laugh at, posting Jose Mourinho meme faces like a small child etc.
This all began because the xenophobic, immigrant hating SNP made it hard for girlfriend to fly to Poland to see her family so you could get 2 weeks of Tennent's Lager and wanking.

And we thought it was because Covid relegated Hearts.

Actually, I've been quite clear that Hertz could get pumped till the end of time for all I care if it stopped this madness. As it is, we're sitting pretty in third above the dross with group stage European football likely on the horizon. Just a nice wee bonus, I suppose.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Mate, I actually have a fair bit of sympathy for your line here.  I think it contains a sizeable element of truth.

You must, however, recognise the comedy in you - with your posting history on this thread - pointing to others disparagingly, on account of their perceived Covid obsession.

Err, no. I am not obsessed with the belief that covid, the virus, will rule our lives forevermore so we need to work from home every day and keep wearing masks 'for the greater good'. What I do find rather difficult not to be obsessed by is the ongoing response, which thankfully should be over for good very soon. There is no contradiction here whatsoever, but it's not surprising to see certain rather challenged posters are unable to see this.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It normally takes these people a bit longer to trip themselves up, but here we are.

Replies turned off now, of course - the true mark of a "moonhowler"

These types of people are absolute legends in the eyes of 'progressives'. It's the reason why they always lose elections. Even Labour are realising they have to pivot now to keep up with public opinion.

35 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You mean like, eh, dissent?

In terms of “improving” the quality of discourse on thread, it feels as though it’d be far more constructive to challenge the ins and outs of the arguments being made, rather than just complain that you don’t like the posts or the posters, no?

I asked another poster to do this earlier and they effectively said they don’t want to. Nobody has to do anything of course, but it seems counterproductive to moan about the direction of the thread, then refuse to take the chance to change it.

31 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

That's because you kept trying to excuse the views of disgusting losers like Tommy Robinson and pretty much confessed that both you and your wife "hated seeing women on TV". All you've done on here is make up a few stories about going maskless in shops 😂

Firstly, I don’t think I even mentioned Tommy Robinson who I dislike intensely.Secondly, I stated that we hated women commentating on ‘men’s football’, a game they don’t participate in. The word hate was not against women but against ‘commentating’. You may not agree but that’s your prerogative. 
Tell me what stories I’ve made up?

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Firstly, I don’t think I even mentioned Tommy Robinson who I dislike intensely.Secondly, I stated that we hated women commentating on ‘men’s football’, a game they don’t participate in. The word hate was not against women but against ‘commentating’. You may not agree but that’s your prerogative. 
Tell me what stories I’ve made up?

Any excuse to shoehorn this in:

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Err, no. I am not obsessed with the belief that covid, the virus, will rule our lives forevermore so we need to work from home every day and keep wearing masks 'for the greater good'. What I do find rather difficult not to be obsessed by is the ongoing response, which thankfully should be over for good very soon. There is no contradiction here whatsoever, but it's not surprising to see certain rather challenged posters are unable to see this.

For God's sake, don't make a further fool of yourself by doubling down and failing to see a funny side.

You simply said with disapproval that Covid was an obsession for certain people. That made some of us laugh because it's quite clearly a huge obsession of your own.

If you can't concede that, then you're being a bit ridiculous and just look foolish I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Does anyone know when we’ll get an update on events? Tuesday or Wednesday I’d assume?

Tuesday.

Had that meeting with my MSP today, around 2 hours. Will try post a summary tomorrow, prefer to do tasks like that when I'm being paid at work.

As an aside, as someone who often gets incredibly angry looking at the covid stuff (and indeed this thread) I would encourage everyone from the Main Players to the moonhowlers to engage democratically with your MSP on this stuff. Regardless of who they are, as someone who is really struggling with the restrictions continuing, posting of frothing-at-the-mouth paragraphs in this thread actually just makes it worse for me frankly. Get out and speak to the people who represent you - regardless of your views on things - it will make you feel much much better. 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and if that post does not make the posse/main players/whatever they call themselves take a long hard look at themselves..

"The Covid Thread - endorsed by P&B's most obvious troll". Some achievement, that.

He’s not the only one.  That oaksoft guy was continually making a c**t of himself on the politics thread, he’s now come on to here and found a home by, err, still making a c**t of himself.

17 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Tuesday.

Had that meeting with my MSP today, around 2 hours. Will try post a summary tomorrow, prefer to do tasks like that when I'm being paid at work.

As an aside, as someone who often gets incredibly angry looking at the covid stuff (and indeed this thread) I would encourage everyone from the Main Players to the moonhowlers to engage democratically with your MSP on this stuff. Regardless of who they are, as someone who is really struggling with the restrictions continuing, posting of frothing-at-the-mouth paragraphs in this thread actually just makes it worse for me frankly. Get out and speak to the people who represent you - regardless of your views on things - it will make you feel much much better. 

I did write to both my MP and MSP (when the FM made the announcement about restrictions/protections. but still waiting on a reply.

Edited by Suspect Device

23 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Tuesday I think?

Expect veiled threats from Clownshoes and the BST across the media tomorrow.

I look forward to them trying to persuade everyone the peak is still weeks away despite falling reported date, specimen date and test positivity figures, and a levelling off of hospital numbers.

They have an out here that will keep almost everyone happy if they choose to take it. But it will require them to acknowledge their predictions were wrong.

Screenshot_20220109-180226_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-180432_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

In terms of “improving” the quality of discourse on thread, it feels as though it’d be far more constructive to challenge the ins and outs of the arguments being made, rather than just complain that you don’t like the posts or the posters, no?

I asked another poster to do this earlier and they effectively said they don’t want to. Nobody has to do anything of course, but it seems counterproductive to moan about the direction of the thread, then refuse to take the chance to change it.

Oh aye, that approach is well received on here. :1eye

On 27/12/2021 at 11:14, Clown Job said:

John Swinney said the restrictions on football attendance is about sending a message and not evidence based 

So forgive me if I struggle to give the SG the benefit of the doubt here 

On 27/12/2021 at 11:34, welshbairn said:

Not strictly true, he was answering a question about why the number of 500 was chosen, not the restrictions themselves. 

On 27/12/2021 at 11:45, Todd_is_God said:

So glad you unresigned from the thread to continue to be a servile simping mess

English hospital numbers also levelled off, and admissions starting to drop.

Looking very much like an unnecessary sore one for Scottish businesses for no measurable gain.

The moonhowlers, of course, called it right again.

20220109_181212.jpg

20220109_181225.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

38 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The 11th I believe. Which is Tuesday.

Wonder if some stuff will leak out tomorrow.

Really really hope crowds are back. Selfishly, I’d take another few weeks of obviously nonsense pub and club rules if it meant I could go to the football.

Landlords would disagree, of course 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Edging closer to the end of this -

https://www.novinite.com/articles/213142/South+African+Doctors%3A+The+World+is+about+to+Exit+the+Pandemic

South African Doctors: The World is about to Exit the Pandemic

dancing priests father ted | Father ted, Ted, Father

It will take a month or so for the British establishment to reach the same conclusion for themselves. We couldn't possibly rely on information from a place like South Africa, could we?

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

This has already been debunked as nonsense reporting. There is no new 'variant': it was contamination.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

For God's sake, don't make a further fool of yourself by doubling down and failing to see a funny side.

You simply said with disapproval that Covid was an obsession for certain people. That made some of us laugh because it's quite clearly a huge obsession of your own.

If you can't concede that, then you're being a bit ridiculous and just look foolish I'm afraid.

I'll refer you back to my previous response until you get it. I don't deny I've been 'obsessed' with the ongoing ramifications of the covid response. I'm not, and never have been, a pots and pans banging, banana bread baking, 'I'm all right, Jack, and think we should keep people safe with restrictions that don't impact me' tosser.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

English hospital numbers also levelled off, and admissions starting to drop.

Looking very much like an unnecessary sore one for Scottish businesses for no measurable gain.

The moonhowlers, of course, called it right again.

20220109_181212.jpg

20220109_181225.jpg

Aye, but Nicola says...