Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I still find that reaction from Sturgeon odd. An unsubstantiated press report and she flew off the handle about it. You understand the reaction, even if you don't agree with it, if a Minister's had said it. But it was just a report in the Times and nothing else.

Not convinced there's much more too it than prolonged covid criticism starting to make life a bit uncomfortable for the FM; a position she's not used to being in. 

I agree - she should have stuck to a line of not being consulted instead of going down the choppy waters route of the Barnett formula.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
It is a shocking thread where any deviation from the groupthink is met with outright hostility and insults, this post will get at least 6 reddies and I could confidently predict where 5 of them will come from. We are in a world where TiG is consistently the most greenied poster weekly for no other reason than the echo chamber which is this thread. 

It's funny because you're describing exactly what's happened for years whenever anyone has had the audacity to question or criticise Sturgeon or the SG.

Yes, but that's an irony that's thoroughly lost on many posters.

The same people calling for dissent to be displayed in Holyrood, often display absolutely no tolerance for any of it on here.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I love the fact that you still think you are winning in life because you are spouting utter nonsense on a loosely moderated Scottish Football Forum. I am completely aware that I have zero relevance on here, you need to accept the same and try to do something with your life that doesn't involve being a vicious, bitter, condescending arsehole on here.

If you already are then I apologise unreservedly, I have my doubts however.

Lectures in 'winning at life', from the tragic loser who announced his resignation from a "loosely moderated Scottish football forum". Only to fail to stay away, sign up under a new account and humiliate himself in the exact same way as under the last username. 

A professional victim looking for a cause, and so your 'contributions' will be treated with the contempt that they deserve. 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

It is a shocking thread where any deviation from the groupthink is met with outright hostility and insults, this post will get at least 6 reddies and I could confidently predict where 5 of them will come from. We are in a world where TiG is consistently the most greenied poster weekly for no other reason than the echo chamber which is this thread. 

I really, really don’t get this stance. No one is forcing you to read the thread, if you think so little of it just don’t read it. 

11 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

She carries herself very well under pressure and questioning by other politicians at FMQs

5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Indeed, she’s a good talker but a very poor political strategist and doesn’t deliver very much.

For me, this saga has got to Sturgeon. She is now living up to her nickname of nippy. Her replies to questions from journos are often given with angry face and a snarky response.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The same people calling for dissent to be displayed in Holyrood, often display absolutely no tolerance for any of it on here.

You seem to have badly confused a football forum with a representative legislature, in your utter desperation to complain about the tone

Just now, virginton said:

Lectures in 'winning at life', from the tragic loser who announced his resignation from a "loosely moderated Scottish football forum". Only to fail to stay away, sign up under a new account and humiliate himself in the exact same way as under the last username. 

A professional victim looking for a cause, and so your 'contributions' will be treated with the contempt that they deserve. 

You really do take this place far too seriously.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

You really do take this place far too seriously.

Not seriously enough to post a mewling resignation and then a second mewling post about why oh why you decided to rejoin. That would be the epitome of utterly tragic behaviour.

Gutted for you.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Oh but the Zoom family quizzes, shared online order in cocktail / wine partie packages between friends and cheering neighbours on with pots and pans 8pm on a Thursday night was a jolly time to be alive.

The NHS stuff was just utterly patronising - not just to NHS staff but to other essential workers outwith the NHS.

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I still find that reaction from Sturgeon odd. An unsubstantiated press report and she flew off the handle about it. You understand the reaction, even if you don't agree with it, if a Minister's had said it. But it was just a report in the Times and nothing else.

Not convinced there's much more too it than prolonged covid criticism starting to make life a bit uncomfortable for the FM; a position she's not used to being in. 

It's just political.

As I said earlier she'll be playing to her own side with it. In the same way the tories do with brexit and immigration.

The mask is finally slipping where Sturgeon is concerned. The saintly exterior is being replaced by the political operator she has always been. She won't win over the maybes but she keeps the core yes side on side. You need to throw them scraps every now and then to keep them focussed on moaning about Barnet etc and deflect them from the mess that the Scottish Goverment is presiding over.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Main story flying around this morning is the rumour about the UKG scrapping free LFT's.

Already NS is not happy.

Been said that SG could fund LFT's in Scotland if this comes to pass UK level.

I wonder what public service she will cut to fund her LFT obsession?

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

All she needed to say was ‘these are just reports, I’m not aware of any such plans and I wouldn’t support it at this time’

Quite why she’s flown off the handle is beyond me. 

Covid has absolutely broken Sturgeon. I dont know if its the guilt over her initial handling of the pandemic with the thousands of nursing home and elderly deaths her decisions caused or some other reason that has resulted in this outburst. 

If you ever read other posters' contributions rather than seeing them as troublesome punctuation between your pearls of wisdom, you'd know that Moomintroll has openly discussed his struggles with MH. Referring to him/her as a tragic loser isn't really going to help that, is it now?
Is honestly not that difficult to stop being a cűnt occasionally. Most posters (even those I disagree vehemently with) seem to manage it. Why don't you give it a go?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I really, really don’t get this stance. No one is forcing you to read the thread, if you think so little of it just don’t read it. 

I usually don't but when I do it beggars belief just how seriously some people take themselves to be. I am stirring it today but some of the main players really think they are important because some others agree with them on a football website & their reactions to any other points of view are equal parts disturbing and hilarious.

You're comparing a select few posters on a football forum to a large proportion of SNP supporters its hardly a comparison.

For avoidance of doubt I've voted SNP in every election since I was old enough to vote.

8 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If you ever read other posters' contributions rather than seeing them as troublesome punctuation between your pearls of wisdom, you'd know that Moomintroll has openly discussed his struggles with MH. Referring to him/her as a tragic loser isn't really going to help that, is it now?
Is honestly not that difficult to stop being a cűnt occasionally. Most posters (even those I disagree vehemently with) seem to manage it. Why don't you give it a go?

Sit down and shut up, you condescending bore. 

The fact that a poster runs around a football forum looking for threads to complain about and clocking up the number of red circles they receive is not mitigated by 'struggles with mental health'. In fact, it is likely insulting for others with mental health struggles to be conflated with the behaviour of a professional victim. 

The solution to any such struggles is perfectly straightforward and involves the 'sign out' button at the top of the screen. Although I believe that a politely written request to delete an account and IP ban has been accepted in the past as well. 

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

You seem to have badly confused a football forum with a representative legislature, in your utter desperation to complain about the tone

Well no.  I've not confused anything.  Things needn't actually be identical in order to be compared. 

The way dissent on here is generally reacted to, is bizarre in a setting where dissent is apparently valued.