Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, The Master said:

Although...if in some parallel universe England had Wales' restrictions and vice versa, I can't help but think Chester would turn their border-straddling into a loophole that allowed a full house.

I mean, I'd do it. 

Whatever is best for the club is the avenue their board/owners should pursue, but they do need to be careful about potential precedents that may adversely affect them in the future.

I'm pretty sure there is precedent on Chester's side. I'm sure they had crowds back in December 2020 when Wales was in lockdown and England wasn't. As such, I'm not really sure why the Welsh authorities have taken issue with it now and not then. 

I'd like to think common sense would prevail on this one. It looks overly officious and petty from the outside looking in.

This BBC article gives a bit more context:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59920281.amp

13 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Says the man who posts about Covid hundreds of times a week. You're as broken as the weirdo doing 3 LFT a day and you don't even realise it.

We've all been broken by covid to varying degrees.

It's only really been the last few months where the SG has deviated from UKG. Looks like it was a bad move and they are trying to justify this. However the UKG has had a bit of a mare as well. Cummings explaining he was testing his eyesight in Boris's garden. Hancock cheating. Ferguson cheating. Christmas parties. etc. Eat out to help out. Stay alert. Boris in ICU. Kind of feel as though those using the recent stuff the government of the day have got wrong as an argument against independence are not all that really committed to it anyway and are happy for the Eton toffs to continue to Lord it over us. Westminster Tories keeping us right 🤦

Oaft, spamming the thread now. The Hertz are sitting third while Dundee scramble for relevance in the relegation zone. The sooner the covid obsession dies the sooner I can waste less time seething about it on this thread and get back travelling, m8. sally.png
We ken we're shite though.

[emoji6]

1 hour ago, The Master said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59920281

There's an international precedent here, with Baarle-Hertog and Baarle-Nassau, where a building is considered to be in the country where the front door is - even if a border runs through it.

Surely this should be determined based on whoever Chester FC pay their business rates to - Cheshire or Flintshire. If the former, the entire stadium should be considered as being in England; if the latter, Wales. 

shouldnt be anything to determine, theres no justification for these state imposed hysterical rules

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Covid is and always has been a middle class obsession.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

The middle classes worked from home ordering parcels from Amazon and making banana bread, while the working classes delivered said parcels and stocked supermarket shelves. Maybe one of you clearly enlightened legends could suggest otherwise?

Don't get me wrong, I'm part of the comfortable WFH class, but let's not kid on about what demographic has dragged the arse out of pandemic response. Cheers.

I think I get where you are going here. There is a middle class thought that you can shut the schools, work from home and it will all be super and lovely. I have said before that many (mostly middle class) people view the first lockdown the same way that some view the blitz - a jolly good time with everyone banding together and forgetting the tough stuff like the fear and the deaths. 

For many Covid was all rainbows in Windows, Captain Tom, clapping on Thursdays and forgetting the illness, mental health impacts, domestic violence, lost education, destroyed economy, jobs lost and so on. 

But the wording of the first post doesn't convey that well. 

I think I get where you are going here. There is a middle class thought that you can shut the schools, work from home and it will all be super and lovely. I have said before that many (mostly middle class) people view the first lockdown the same way that some view the blitz - a jolly good time with everyone banding together and forgetting the tough stuff like the fear and the deaths. 
For many Covid was all rainbows in Windows, Captain Tom, clapping on Thursdays and forgetting the illness, mental health impacts, domestic violence, lost education, destroyed economy, jobs lost and so on. 
But the wording of the first post doesn't convey that well. 

I don’t think those things were peculiarly middle-class things though. It's easy to throw in stereotypes when we all know that everyone has had a different experience of the pandemic. Even within the same household the experience may be quite different depending on the job you do etc

I think it's dangerous to pin the blame on one group in society - apart from the politicians that is.

Just been thinking on LFT’s no longer being free. It really is a turning point and likely signalling the end of the pandemic. However I was expecting it to be in the summer, or after this current wave ended.

I think the next step is to move to LFT testing If symptomatic, and continue until you return a negative and can leave isolation. However I’m not intelligent enough to argue that point.

On a side note, I’m confused. I’ve had symptoms since last Monday until Wednesday. Then Symptoms ramping up Thursday, I tested negative Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with a positive yesterday. Is my isolation from Yesterday, or Thursday when symptoms began after a lull, or from Saturday when I registered a positive LFT?

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

In refusing to acknowledge the path of the virus that has led us to Omicron and what that means, and that it is no longer 2019 in terms of virus, or susceptibility to it, Nicola Sturgeon and her followers are sailing very close to being actual science deniers at this point. 

Even back in March 2020 the IFR was about a tenth of what the models had initially assumed making the UK and most other western country's response to it completely over the top. Only Sweden avoided going down that path.

The SNP seemed to think being slightly more mental about it than Boris because we care more was a vote winning strategy after that and may well have been correct on that assumption up to omicron.

Now that it really is in typical flu season territory on IFR, they'll be pigeonholed as a bunch of unelectable incompetents by the rational pragmatic portion of the electorate if they keep it up much longer.

The worrying thing is nicola clearly thinks ‘living with covid’ involves state sponsored testing of anyone and everyone for the foreseeable future. 

Id understand if she’d said this is too soon but living with covid absolutely has to involve weaning people off of this obsession and fear of this virus. 

Just been thinking on LFT’s no longer being free. It really is a turning point and likely signalling the end of the pandemic. However I was expecting it to be in the summer, or after this current wave ended.

I think the next step is to move to LFT testing If symptomatic, and continue until you return a negative and can leave isolation. However I’m not intelligent enough to argue that point.

On a side note, I’m confused. I’ve had symptoms since last Monday until Wednesday. Then Symptoms ramping up Thursday, I tested negative Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with a positive yesterday. Is my isolation from Yesterday, or Thursday when symptoms began after a lull, or from Saturday when I registered a positive LFT?
This is the second time you've been on about this but don't appear to have booked a PCR test, which would've been the obvious course of action?

Apologies if I've got this wrong but this is how it comes across.

10 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What I don't want is some temporary removal where they could be reimposed in future.

What I am saying is that there should be a vote to completely end those emergency powers.

Any future need for emergency powers should require a new parliamentary vote.

In principle, I agree with what you are saying but, in practice at Holyrood, there is never any dissentient voices to be heard within the SNP.

They all just vote dependent on what NS says.

In WM it’s totally different where you constantly hear MP’s of independent opinions and not just towing the party line.

However, you do make a decent point.

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah I’m not sure why lots of people seem to use this as an insult/way to to get under the skin of a poster. Anyone who feels they haven’t been affected by Covid is either lying or mentally unhinged.

I am absolutely heavily affected by Covid (not the virus itself, the restrictions we’ve been living under for nearly 2 years). I’ve definitely become angrier at times (whenever anyone mentions restrictions really, and especially when they try to argue that they are good and they work based on no evidence) and incredibly down at times. Why posters think that is something to use to attack other posters with baffles me.

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

This is fair.  Elixir and the 8 mask folk are sharing the top tier and the rest of us filter down from there.