Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This isnt really meant as a dig, but not every single interaction in life needs to be framed against your hate for tories.

We get it. You've said lots of times. As have the right thinking among us, but almost everyone who has railed against the SNP has also been pretty successful in dismantling the "ye must be a tory" bullshit that has infected the minds of many.

There arent really many tories on here. Stop howling at the clouds.
That was a direct reference to Oaky's wee dig. There's plenty of cűnts who vote SNP, Labour and otherwise. There's even one leading the Labour party, and a couple of others on the front bench.
Supporting the conservative party, however, is akin to following one of the so-called old firm - by voting for them, supporters are condoning separatism, bigotry, racism and discrimination.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

The demand for medical treatment is also increasing significantly though because the boomer generation are all now falling apart with chronic ill-health. 

A typically spiteful and prejudice ridden analysis.

Sneering, some might say.

My girlfriend's brother is a police officer and just came out of isolation with covid on Wednesday. Got told by his boss today he's to isolate for another 10 days because he was a close contact on a call on Friday. Has 2 jags but had to reschedule his booster because he was infected during the date of his appointment and isn't considered fully vaccinated 🤣

Keeping people safe.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Most of the posters on here are not too far away from those views.

So why the f**k are you sneering at, deriding and trolling people who largely share reasonably similar views to you? 🤣

Seriously. Is it boredom with you?

You'd start a fight in an empty house FFS.

Because it's not these aspects I take issue with.

The things that bug me are the hypocrisy, the demonising of particular groups and the promotion of individualism.

I'm perfectly at ease with the idea of a big state, even a nanny one.  That places me at odds with much of what gets posted here.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I saw the original thread a few times in the week, the extent some people seem to want things to be as bad as possible is mad.

Lo and behold, the Queen of Doom herself, our old pal Deepti, went in big on this one.

She ignored the study on long covid you posted on here yesterday, almost certainly because it doesn't fit her narrative. 

Edited by Michael W

I’ve thought for a while, we’ve (in the UK) had too high an expectation from the NHS; exactly as you say, there’s too much free access and treatment and I’d vote for a means tested system rather than the vanity projection of free prescriptions for all in Scotland. COVID has brought this all to an acute need for resetting in the future. My work colleague in Ireland pays around £100 or so per month for health insurance and I’d happily pay more for a better serviced NHS. They have their own issues in Ireland to deal with; mainly staffing as trained nurses and doctors often move to UK or USA etc for better salaries.
That’s also my concern about pumping more endless money into our NHS; you lose a large chunk straight away in salaries and admin rather than frontline staff and equipment etc. Either way, I suspect we’ll be paying a lot more for the NHS one way or another in the coming years. 
Clearly you have no understanding of the cost of means testing. It's a hugely expensive method of delivering services or welfare. It's also massively bureaucratic and given the levels of bureaucracy already within the NHS, more is the last thing that's needed. Means testing prescriptions for example would merely exclude people currently receiving with no perceived savings.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A typically spiteful and prejudice ridden analysis.

Sneering, some might say.

It's not based on prejudice; it's based on simple demographic facts as well as Scotland's notorious issues of crap diets and not enough exercise. 

The number of people with type 2 diabetes alone has increased to 19% of the over 65s population, who make up around half of all sufferers of that disease by GP records. 

That you don't like the reality that ageing and chronic ill-health are undermining Scottish healthcare or think that it is unfair to cite age is irrelevant. In the same way that it was irrelevant to a pandemic virus that has just ripped through exactly those demographics and not healthy 30 year olds.  

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's not based on prejudice; it's based on simple demographic facts as well as Scotland's notorious issues of crap diets and not enough exercise. 

The number of people with type 2 diabetes has increased to 19% of the over 65s population, who make up around half of all sufferers of that disease. 

That you don't like the reality that ageing and chronic ill-health are undermining Scottish healthcare or think that it is unfair to cite age is irrelevant. In the same way that it was irrelevant to a pandemic virus that has just ripped through exactly those demographics and not healthy 30 year olds.  

So you're still running with the claim that "the boomer generation are all now falling apart" then?

Ok.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Just a bit worried about this spike in deaths over the festive period.

What spike in deaths? It's essentially flat.

That you think there have been 150,000 deaths in the UK in the last 28 days is absolutely wild.

AdditionDeath_20220108_2.png

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Since the start of the pandemic there has been 150 thousand coronavirus deaths with a positive COVID test within the last 28 days in Britain, but I bet I will still have to go back to work on Monday regardless.

Covid: UK records more than 150,000 deaths https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59923936

FTFY, you were missing a lot of words