Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Clownshoes on Reporting Scotland just now telling people on Day 8 of their lockdown that they have to fulfill their 10 day isolation, whilst those about to test positive will only need 7.  Is this some sort of submutation that just stopped being as dangerous?
Is there any science behind such a decision, or is it just arbitrary rules for the sake of rules? Sounds like an absolute f***ing farce. 

Alternatively, just go out, at the end of the day nae c**t will either know about it nor stop you.
You shouldn’t have to of course but that’s the reality now

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Clownshoes on Reporting Scotland just now telling people on Day 8 of their lockdown that they have to fulfill their 10 day isolation, whilst those about to test positive will only need 7.  Is this some sort of submutation that just stopped being as dangerous?

Is there any science behind such a decision, or is it just arbitrary rules for the sake of rules? What an absolute f***ing farce. 

So this means someone that tested positive yesterday will still becin covid jail after someone that tests positive today is released.

Outstanding stuff 😂

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

You said this would never happen. It has happened. 

I hope you are right about the climb down but I don't see it. The violence of language employed by Macron and Trudeau over the past week is scary.

Yep, genuinely frightening stuff from these psychos. Imagine thinking 2 years ago a western 'liberal' leader would speak like this about their population.

19 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Have I missed an update today on Scotland aligning with yesterdays UK travel entry requirements?

Half heard something on the news there, but not sure if I picked it up right.

The Scottish Government has fallen into line with the UK Government, as expected. The decision came with a mewling, toys out the pram comment, also as expected.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

Yep, genuinely frightening stuff from these psychos. Imagine thinking 2 years ago a western 'liberal' leader would speak like this about their population.

It is, though I'd imagine many of them would have thoughts like this. They'd just never dare put them out in public until now.

Can't believe these heartless b*****ds are STILL allowed to take their holidays that they're legally entitled to, I bet the scum are still taking a wage despite the NHS being in crisis!!!

Monsters, the lot of us. Don’t know how we can sleep in oor beds at night.

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

Having a healthy amount of scepticism towards government policy is one thing but earnestly maintaining that the wearing of face masks are 'just a means of government control'' is quite another. Dear me.

Whether you believe the government have imposed face masks out of genuine belief in their effectiveness against transmission, or whether they do so out of a pure behavioural science act, it quite clearly is a means of government control either way.

Since they've never actually been able to evidence a causal relationship between putting a mask on to go for a pish and reduced transmission, I'm far more inclined to think it's a combination of the latter as well as being a handy base measure - that even those who have never taken Covid all that seriously have been largely content to compromise on - of showing that they're seen to be doing at least 'something'.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

I see Ferrier is now to stand trail for that COVID breach.

Also Swinney finally is being called out by Scottish Labour for talking shite to the public.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/john-swinney-scottish-government-ons-covid-scottish-labour-b1987962.html

NewsUK

Swinney reported to statistics watchdog over Covid comparison

Scottish Labour said ministers must present ‘the facts as they are, not as the Government would wish them to be’.

Speaking on the BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme on Tuesday, he suggested ONS figures showing one in 40 Scots were infected compared to one in 25 in England were “the strongest evidence that the measures taken in Scotland are protecting the population from Covid”.

But the figures cited by Mr Swinney were from before the Scottish Government imposed additional restrictions.

Be interesting to see finally if open opposition to the restrictions gathers pace now that the science and the evidence we see everyday is convincing enough for the public to realise that these measures are mainly political and have little to do with  protecting the NHS or anything else they care about in public health they care to be concerned about.
I mentioned the care homes yesterday and given that this area has among our most vulnerable in our population and given Omicron's ability to outpace testing and spread extremely fast we should be seeing yet again devastation by now in this sector, we are not so far (fingers crossed) and this should be the biggest piece of evidence towards lifting these further restrictions imposed on the population by what is more and more being seen an overbearing, micro-managing SG that won't listen due to their fear of being wrong. Arrogance, pride and letting their egos win, not good. The SG leadership is heading for a mare of a year. I think once the pandemic is done there should be a broom to sweep through the SNP and bring in some new faces to lead. I think Swinney for starters is probably close to stepping back anyway.

I don't really understand this, maybe I'm being thick.  

Would the statistics to back up restrictions not be those used at the point of implementing them? 

Swinney is useless though so no doubt he's fucked it as that's all he does. 

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

A mask comes off.

Freedom of speech, online censorship and our right to protest our leaders against our lives being turned upsides down and wrecked by government imposed restrictions I find are far more relevant and important right now.

To me masks are cosmetic, yes a symbol of the pandemic but also is entirely distracting away from the more important issues like, are we heading for an energy crisis in Scotland or do the SG have a strategy for the end game or are they looking to keep those emergency powers, reducing our own freedoms for good? Stuff like that.

i dont know if i could separate them, theyre all related signs of every part of society being run by megalomaniac control freaks 

give an inch to these sociopaths and you consent to a mile.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Your first sentence is very much dependent on their parents POV so not so sure. However, there does seem to be a general land shift towards questioning the logic of government. Hopefully the start of something bigger.

the graph is a simplification but still, applies when that history is being played out in front of our eyes

trust in govt, state, the media cant ever have been at a lower ebb. maybe thats a good thing

image.png.b0f4b8bef27e1282c7eeef55ba8d93e1.png

The reason why all the vaccine pass nonsense will be in the bin once the hospitals empty in the spring, and in the more psycho places, the WHO declare the pandemic over - probably in the summer. You ain't getting economic growth with such handicaps on society, and you ain't winning elections if you're not on the ball economically.

I don't really understand this, maybe I'm being thick.  
Would the statistics to back up restrictions not be those used at the point of implementing them? 
Swinney is useless though so no doubt he's fucked it as that's all he does. 
I think it was the fact he was using statistics from the week before the restrictions were introduced as evidence they were working. Which clearly doesn't make sense...

I think it's probably more incompetence than anything else, but it's still misrepresentation of data to try and claim restrictions work.

1 hour ago, ddfg said:

According to the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social we are just entering the peak. More scaremongering or does he look at different figures from rest of us? 

In good news the SG have agreed to do away with preflight testing etc in the same way as announced elsewhere earlier in the week. 

On STV News there was two reporters, saying "this wave of infections is expected to reach its peak later this month" and "experts say the peak of this wave is still a few weeks off".

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see if that comes to pass, but the current peak by specimen date was 21,406 on 29th December (which won't be beaten unless there's another 5k added to Monday's figures). Be interesting to see what happens with fewer people taking PCR tests, as I don't think LFTs are counted on their own.

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

control freak psychos like globalists and big statists despise plebs not falling in line

for the common man and greater good my arse