Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Djokovic just like Murray and Federer probably started as an adult. Nadal was juiced up from a very young age. 

It's notable that Djokovic had a huge slump in form in 2017, just after Sharapova was done for taking Meldonium, and Nadal had one of his best seasons.

I've no idea what the correct answer is, but that's not what Linda Bauld was saying on the Radio Scotland phone in this morning.

According to her you need to see the 10 days out if you have tested positive before today.

Ludicrous if true, which means it probably is.
I went to work today but was sent home once clarification came through that the changes are NOT retrospective. Our union has confirmed this is the case. It's absolutely crazy, what's the difference between a close contact identified yesterday and one identified today?![emoji849]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59893246

Scotland in "worst case scenario"

What exactly is the point in this messaging? Most of the strain on the NHS is folk isolating with a low stakes cold, and if our "worst case" scenario is based on "cases" for a strain that is demonstrably weaker, how on earth is this following the science? 

6 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59893246

Scotland in "worst case scenario"

What exactly is the point in this messaging? Most of the strain on the NHS is folk isolating with a low stakes cold, and if our "worst case" scenario is based on "cases" for a strain that is demonstrably weaker, how on earth is this following the science? 

Can’t be worst case scenario, it would’ve been even worse was it not for the proportionate and necessary restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I'm not surprised at Nadal's comments either. A Real Madrid fan from Mallorca who's uncle has been injecting him with f**k knows what since childhood, obviously this is going to seem normal to him.

Screenshot_2022-01-06-09-19-52-746_com.android.chrome.jpg

Why are you trying to draw an equivalence between a child (allegedly) being injected with PEDs and an adult getting a coronavirus vaccine?

26 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The French vaccine law is now in place. French citizens who are considered unvaccinated are now banned from pretty everywhere other than food shopping and medical treatment. 

Just a conspiracy theory.....

The climbdown will commence in a few months once the hospitals empty and businesses have drastically reduced income from excluding a large chunk of consumers.

Humza 'frustrated' by BoJo:

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/yousaf-frustrated-johnsons-change-travel-25870483?utm_source=business_insider_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Or, in other news, Bojo gets fed up with the devolved Govts dragging their heels and instead opts just to get on with things. You decide...

25 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The climbdown will commence in a few months once the hospitals empty and businesses have drastically reduced income from excluding a large chunk of consumers.

You said this would never happen. It has happened. 

I hope you are right about the climb down but I don't see it. The violence of language employed by Macron and Trudeau over the past week is scary.

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Humza 'frustrated' by BoJo:

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/yousaf-frustrated-johnsons-change-travel-25870483?utm_source=business_insider_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Or, in other news, Bojo gets fed up with the devolved Govts dragging their heels and instead opts just to get on with things. You decide...

I can’t imagine why the SG aren’t listened to when it comes to travel rules.

It was only a few weeks ago NS wanted to effectively shut the whole sector with 8 days of isolation on return.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Seeing anyone driving wearing a mask makes me either laugh out loud at their stupidity, or angry depending on my mood.

Seeing Ambulance drivers, School bus drivers & Taxi drivers in masks makes you laugh out loud ?

How bizarre

I recommend watching Mrs brown's Boys to stop your affliction.

Edited by superbigal

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Seeing Ambulance drivers, School bus drivers & Taxi drivers in masks makes you laugh out loud ?

How bizarre

I recommend watching Mrs brown's Boys to stop your affliction.

He probably didn't mean public services drivers, but I suspect you know that.

There's been times when I've come out of somewhere that requires to wear a mask and forgotten to take it off when I've been driving.  I've also forgotten to wear a mask at all a few times when going into place.

You shouldn't assume that someone wearing a mask in their car is huddling around in fear all the time or that someone not wearing a mask in a shop is some sort of Piers Corbyn loonball.

11,360 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

57,217 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*

23.1% of these were positive

18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

43 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

1,267 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,387,192 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,033,635 have received their second dose, and 3,041,961 have received a third dose or booster**

* There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this and the holiday weekend have impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimens being taken and results being received and reported. Public Health Scotland are continuing to monitor the situation.

** Public Health Scotland note that the issue with the vaccination data reported yesterday has now been resolved and figures presented today are up to date.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Evidence on face mask wearing in schools is inconclusive.

Who'd have guessed that eh? 🙄

They really are having to have this fucking dragged out of them aren't they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934

Right from the start I maintained that face mask wearing was just a means of governmental control to keep the proletariat in their place.

No place for them in a properly functioning, humanitarian society.