Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Football fans gathering to watch the football in the pub, obvs.

That would be peak shithousery - using the argument that football fans made about shutting the open-air stadiums to blame the football a second time. 

11 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Go on Christopher, tell us how modelling works. What a sanctimonious arsehole. 

He's being sarcastic. Snowdon absolutely loathes the modelling losers and covid bed wetters.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063

The travel industry is now calling for all testing requirements as a condition of travel to be removed.

Lessons learnt here. The last 12 months in particular since vaccine rollout has been for nothing in terms of test on deptarture/return. It's obvious that you cannot stop the spread if a variant has the perfect set of attributes to become dominant.

There's going to be some amount of pushback on this from labs with cushy government contracts though. This is their summer bread and butter when cases and tests in the general population drop off. These are the same people and firms who will call the heads of the travel industry greedy over the next few hours and days in response to this whilst sweating bullets that their own newfound wealth is at risk of continuing. 

Maybe the Scottish Government will do a solid for the Tory mates who are making a killing from this again?

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 hours ago, Elixir said:
Absolutely minterrific for the Scottish Government. emoji24.png

From what's being said the tournament is likely to descend into farce anyway given the level of players likely to miss out due to testing positive or isolating. Crowds look like the least of their worries. As it stands Scotland, England or Wales can't even travel to France never mind spectators.

Well doesn't all that just totally discount the Scottish Government's blushes!

By February and then certainly March this storm in a teacup will be on the way out anyway. Most of the players will have caught it. I couldn't care less for egg chasing but some egg on face for the weirdo governments of the countries in the tournaments would be ideal.

My father in law tested positive for Covid over the weekend. He's recently been diagnosed with cancer as well as having heart issues and being a long-time sufferer of haemophilia and hepatitis so my other half was, understandably, shitting herself.

Spoke to him last night and he says he feels absolutely fine (no worse than he was before, anyway). His main issue is that the isolation period has meant having to rearrange a couple of hospital appointments.

Obviously I can't say for certain but I'm fairly sure that he'd be in a far worse place with one of the original variants or pre-vaccines. It seems to me that, provided you're full vaccinated, you'd have to very, very unlucky to end up in hospital BECAUSE of Covid these days.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wife has woken up with a slight cold. Runny nose and a cough. I suggested she take a LFT and she told me to f**k off. She's got plans for the next few days and these don't include "self isolating for a bloody cold".

Quite a turn around from 2020 when she was very much all about staying in the house. 

Your wife appears to have more sense than you.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That would be peak shithousery - using the argument that football fans made about shutting the open-air stadiums to blame the football a second time. 

At least they're not alienating people across the nation that has the highest football attendance per capita in Europe. 🙄

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Scotland now has a higher Covid rate than England. Thanks to the FM for keeping us safe x IMG_20220105_095841.jpeg

Good Lord.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just seen a report on Sky News highlighting that somebody has been beaten up by police in Hong Kong because they left their house in a desperate attempt to find something to eat.

Just highlights the complete lack of common sense being applied by the megalomaniacs.  Wtf is wrong with these people?

john-wick-rules.gif.77f4c6060a948d215ad133f975ddea13.gif

China and now Hong Kong - true bastions of public health. Truly, starvation is the sacrifice all good citizens of the Earth must make in order to eliminate this virus. It's what 'Independent SAGE' would want.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She will say two things.

Firstly, she'll say the restrictions haven't been in place long enough to make a difference.

Secondly, she'll blame cross-border travel at Christmas.

Either way, she will never, ever admit she was wrong.

Maybe one of the Simps could do the honourable thing for her and admit what an utter disaster this is for them? Of course, it's another win for The Good Guys, who saw right through this total sham from the outset.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Has she forgiven you for her late Christmas present though?

I folded like a pack of cards. Got her the gift she wanted and it arrived on the 23rd (despite DHL delivering it to the wrong address). Had a panicky few days though when the tracking said it was coming late.  

28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

She can't blame the football so needs to find someone to blame. 

She'll blame the Scottish clubbers and those pesky English tourists.    She'll then say that if Scotland were more like North Korea we could have closed our borders.   Cow.

Unless I've missed it (EDIT - Elixir just posted), no-one has mentioned that she may change the guidance regards self-isolation, bringing Scotland in line with the rest of the UK.

She hinted at it last week (I'm sure I remember the 5 January being mentioned) and Swinney certainly did so again yesterday.

If she does announce this then I fully expect Sarwar and DRoss will continue to focus on self-isolation and testing (as they did last week) rather than the necessity of the restrictions.

The opposition have continually been about logistics than the need for restrictions themselves.

The isolation changes were a massive overreaction to Omicron so it's good that they're going. 

Having people with three vaccines being made to isolate despite not having the virus is nuts. Hopefully that is going to be changed. 

51 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She will say two things.

Firstly, she'll say the restrictions haven't been in place long enough to make a difference.

Secondly, she'll blame cross-border travel at Christmas.

Either way, she will never, ever admit she was wrong.

This would be a spectacular but unsurprising display of brass neckery, given that Swinney was trying to say the restrictions were making a difference before they were even implemented :lol:

33 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government inevitably having to give in, yet again. Fuds.

"Yeah that would really help because that would spread infection even further and that would be not doing anything for businesses!"

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Surely the sight of Scotland rugby fans going down to just say St James park or old Trafford or wherever decides to play the games in large numbers would just show the government what a total farce they have made of this 😂

If they set up a border with machine gun posts to stop the egg-chasers returning then all would be forgiven.