Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Congrats to everyone who hasn’t caught Covid yet!

to those who have caught it, hang your heads in shame you dirty dirty people.

009FDE8F-B46A-4C20-BC96-4AE370F1431A.png

I haven't caught it more through good luck than good judgement

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Scotland now has a higher Covid rate than England. Thanks to the FM for keeping us safe x IMG_20220105_095841.jpeg

Someone needs to question her about that today, her answer would be interesting. Can't see either Ross or Sarwar doing it though.

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Scotland now has a higher Covid rate than England. Thanks to the FM for keeping us safe x IMG_20220105_095841.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hard Graft said:

Someone needs to question her about that today, her answer would be interesting. Can't see either Ross or Sarwar doing it though.

We simply must extend the restrictions beyond the 17th now. There's clearly no other way to get the infection rate below that of a country that didn't put them in place.

3 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Mark X in the box of which answer she would go for:

[] The restrictions are preventing case numbers in Scotland from being even higher.

[] “Because of my government’s deliberately cautious handling of the pandemic, which I make no apology for, Scotland has lower levels of population immunity compared to England”

[] England’s true infection rates are actually higher than Scotland’s but the UK Government are suppressing the numbers by making PCR testing less widely available and not counting re infections.

[] Some combination of the above 

On the subject of testing, I had two positive lateral flows on the 31st, don't feel too bad at all, advised work and they've insisted I go for a PCR. Considering I work from home and live alone I just see the whole thing as pointless. I suppose some people can't be trusted to do the right thing and just stay away from folk if they are positive but the obsession with testing is a joke and tbh, if someone is happy to go around spreading it, doubt a text telling them they cannae go out is gonna stop them 

8 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

On the subject of testing, I had two positive lateral flows on the 31st, don't feel too bad at all, advised work and they've insisted I go for a PCR. Considering I work from home and live alone I just see the whole thing as pointless. I suppose some people can't be trusted to do the right thing and just stay away from folk if they are positive but the obsession with testing is a joke and tbh, if someone is happy to go around spreading it, doubt a text telling them they cannae go out is gonna stop them 

I had the exact same view. Tested positive on three LFTs. Parents and pals were asking about my PCR results - I basically said what's the point? I know I have it! I sat in for around 3 days and by then was testing negative rendering my positive PCR irrelevant. 

33 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's almost as if doing things like limiting football crowds to 500 to show just how much you care makes no difference whatsoever. 

And allowing you to gather in a pub for hours, only you can't stand up, doesn't do anything either. Why? Because it's airborne, so will get around the room anyway 😂

Put simply, if you allow something to be open, then allow it to operate as normal.

Edited by Todd_is_God

32 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Mark X in the box of which answer she would go for:

[] The restrictions are preventing case numbers in Scotland from being even higher.

[] “Because of my government’s deliberately cautious handling of the pandemic, which I make no apology for, Scotland has lower levels of population immunity compared to England”

[] England’s true infection rates are actually higher than Scotland’s but the UK Government are suppressing the numbers by making PCR testing less widely available and not counting re infections.

[] Some combination of the above 

I'm going to go with the classic blame option - would like to have gone further to limit spread more but something about a fixed budget, lack of borrowing powers etc., finance only available if England needs it etc.   With added sarcastic eye-roll when asked a question.  

55 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That isn't good, in the fact that she'll now keep the daft restrictions even longer.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That isn't good, in the fact that she'll now keep the daft restrictions even longer.

Was literally about to say that. I can't see Sturgeon and the SNP loosening restrictions because they're not working I can only see the restrictions tightening.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This has been the Covid response playbook from the start - if something doesn't work, it means you need to do it more.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Rule breaking scum. 

Just seen a report on Sky News highlighting that somebody has been beaten up by police in Hong Kong because they left their house in a desperate attempt to find something to eat.

Just highlights the complete lack of common sense being applied by the megalomaniacs.  Wtf is wrong with these people?

john-wick-rules.gif.77f4c6060a948d215ad133f975ddea13.gif

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

She will say two things.

Firstly, she'll say the restrictions haven't been in place long enough to make a difference.

Secondly, she'll blame cross-border travel at Christmas.

Either way, she will never, ever admit she was wrong.

She can't blame the football so needs to find someone to blame. 

The wife has woken up with a slight cold. Runny nose and a cough. I suggested she take a LFT and she told me to f**k off. She's got plans for the next few days and these don't include "self isolating for a bloody cold".

Quite a turn around from 2020 when she was very much all about staying in the house.