Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

If we weren't testing obsessively in the community and weren't keeping health staff who aren't incapacitated off work, I am unconvinced that what we are seeing right now would be seen as an anomaly pre-pandemic. Get this psychosis to f**k immediately.

I'm absolutely convinced that, were this January 2018, no-one would be batting an eyelid at anything that was going on.

The term "casedemic" has been getting thrown around a lot, but this really is one now.

A combination of vaccines and natural immunity have bodied Covid into something largely unremarkable.

Interesting to see what the return of schools do to the numbers if anything. 

Johnson is going toet this run and the data supports that. Sturgeon and Drakeford have painted themselves into a corner. To retain credibility and because its the right thing to do she needs to hold her hands up and scrap this shite next week if not sooner. 

Interesting to see what the return of schools do to the numbers if anything. 
Johnson is going toet this run and the data supports that. Sturgeon and Drakeford have painted themselves into a corner. To retain credibility and because its the right thing to do she needs to hold her hands up and scrap this shite next week if not sooner. 
If not, they are trundling towards using effectively "fake news" to hold their line purely to save face.

They KNOW that the isolation rules should be changed, and they KNOW businesses should be operating freely.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

Not sure if this has been posted. 

As I predicted yesterday Sturgeon looked at the numbers and realised she was going to look bad at the briefing and sent Swinney out to make an arse of himself. 

To use such an astonishingly easily debunked lie as your defence shows how little data they have to back their stance up.

Honestly, just acknowledged you jumped the gun and roll the restrictions back...

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Johnson is really making NS and weirdo Drakeford look like absolute mugs/dictators. Never thought I'd see the day. Surely NS has no reason to carry on with the 500 spectators/nightclubs shut, nonsense after the 17th

Fantastic opportunity to show how much more she cares, though.

Her big problem is that she hasn't managed to get BJ to pay for it.

According to the current numbers, the likelihood of being hospitalised due to COVID of any stripe is 0.005%.

And that’s being incredibly generous to the COVID Fetishists. Because as they are always telling us, positive test numbers represents a fraction of those actually infected. And the hospital numbers we do see are include those in hospital who happen to have COVID, not the numbers being hospitalised due to COVID. 

It is over. 

Edited by Thorongil

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Fantastic opportunity to show how much more she cares, though.

Her big problem is that she hasn't managed to get BJ to pay for it.

I still think they will lift the restrictions in the next week. 

If they don’t they will be much worse backlash than it was 2 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I still think they will lift the restrictions in the next week. 

If they don’t they will be much worse backlash than it was 2 weeks ago. 

I hope you are right. But, with BJ extending the time Plan B is in place, it is perfect for her usual "we think we need to go further" spiel.

I just can't put it past them to do something completely stupid as they have had a collective heads gone over the last week or so.

Seeing as Boris let it rip through everyone over the school holidays then there probably won't be a big jump in numbers of people getting cold like symptoms in England.

Expecting that there could be a big jump up here though which will give Cares More some ammo to carry on with restrictions.
It's "ripped" through Scotland at exactly the same rate as England so it will be similar in the coming weeks unless you are actually saying the restrictions in Scotland have made a difference (stats say they haven't) so not sure why you think we will not have acquired the same level of immunity.

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Seeing as Boris let it rip through everyone over the school holidays then there probably won't be a big jump in numbers of people getting cold like symptoms in England.

Expecting that there could be a big jump up here though which will give Cares More some ammo to carry on with restrictions.

How do they then spin increasing case numbers with increased restrictions whilst other places have plateaued or reducing case numbers with less restictions and no crowd bans in place?