Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

20220104_112157.jpg

Predictably the response on Twitter is about how MacKay is only writing this because Tories control the press.

Some SNP supporters' insistence that everything they disagree with is bad and is down to the Tories will be the party's downfall. That's fine when you're a party of opposition. But the excuses start to wear a bit thin after 15 years in government.

There are places where they are right to call out the Tories. Especially around the welfare system. But it feels like every issue in Scotland is blamed on them by a government unwilling to hold its hands up and take responsibility. 

Edited by Jan Vojáček

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

@Elixir 

Pollard also said don't vaccinate 12-15 year olds and look how that ended up. 

Vaccinating even younger children is well under way in the USA.

And? There is quite clearly a shifting tone back to reality. Nobody actually cares in this country if under-18s aren't vaccinated and soon we most definitely will reach a point where only the vulnerable are jagged each autumn.

Democrat states acting like psychos isn't a surprise - but they will fall into line once they get demolished in the midterms. Mood music is even starting to shift there already in some places.

Without getting involved in the politics, the bottom line is that if England have virtually no restrictions but have an equal or even lower rate than ourselves and Wales who both have pretty draconian restrictions so far as hospitality and sports are concerned, then right away there is no longer ANY sort of rationale to continue with restrictions, which are at best completely pointless and at worse doing huge damage to the economy, peoples mental health and indeed could in fact be creating additional cases due to people's decision making of meeting up in private homes indoors together, as opposed to going to a well ventilated commercial property or indeed an outdoor sports stadia !!!

It's all pretty simple and surely time our so called "journalists" asked about "following the science" in light of the current case numbers both North and South of the border !!!!

37 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No they can use public health powers, also quite a lot of legislation can be loosely interpreted to suit a particular view point. 

Would be interested to see if extensions are prolonged if a legal challenge from an impacted sector would spring up, licensing trade seems the most likely. 

Or, if not them, then maybe the Licensed Trade?

(Sorry!)

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Predictably the response on Twitter is about how MacKay is only writing this because Tories control the press.

Some SNP supporters' insistence that everything they disagree with is bad and is down to the Tories will be the party's downfall. That's fine when you're a party of opposition. But the excuses start to wear a bit thin after 15 years in government.

There are places where they are right to call out the Tories. Especially around the welfare system. But it feels like every issue in Scotland is blamed on them by a government unwilling to hold its hands up and take responsibility. 

It's literally the only think they have in their locker. I sort of went down a twitter hole the other day on that Jason Leitch tweet and it more or less always came back to 'Tories are evil' and 'MSM is the greatest obstacle to Scottish independence'.

They are now approaching a stage where they've shown themselves up in a time of real crisis and can't continue to hang their hat on how awful the Tories are and float by on being slightly less unpalatable. They'll of course always have supporters who tow the party line and regardless of behaviour, support it.

The opening paragraph from MacKay is very interesting. It's like the question I've asked @Granny Danger twice since yesterday and twice he's not bothered even trying to reply to, which is telling in it's own. If the Tories were behaving the way the SNP have throughout this, would you be supportive or screaming blue murder? Perhaps he won't answer as the truth of how he'd be reacting in the circumstances makes him a bit uncomfortable.

The case rates being just anything approaching "a little bit lower" or even mildly lower in Scotland than a restrictionless England is not a win for restrictions. They would need to be far more impressive at limiting transmission for that to be the case. And that's before you get in to whether cases are transforming into hospitlisations and ICU admissions. I genuinely think Sturgeon, Leitch, Swinney et al think keeping these awful, horrible, crippling restrictions are worth it if it meant England had 1 in 50 people with Covid but Scotland had 1 in 51.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If she bans fans from his fight at the Hydro in February he is going to lose the plot. 

I'm sure the SG are running scared......

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

It's literally the only think they have in their locker. I sort of went down a twitter hole the other day on that Jason Leitch tweet and it more or less always came back to 'Tories are evil' and 'MSM is the greatest obstacle to Scottish independence'.

They are now approaching a stage where they've shown themselves up in a time of real crisis and can't continue to hang their hat on how awful the Tories are and float by on being slightly less unpalatable. They'll of course always have supporters who tow the party line and regardless of behaviour, support it.

The opening paragraph from MacKay is very interesting. It's like the question I've asked @Granny Danger twice since yesterday and twice he's not bothered even trying to reply to, which is telling in it's own. If the Tories were behaving the way the SNP have throughout this, would you be supportive or screaming blue murder? Perhaps he won't answer as the truth of how he'd be reacting in the circumstances makes him a bit uncomfortable.

Long since stopped being about the pandemic and anyone who still suffers from the effects of the virus now. Which is sad really, because whilst no one wants to see deaths of any sort, using them as a political pawn is pretty abhorrent. The actual, covid 19 virus is now just the no mans land across which they tirelessly scream but the reality of it is we are now learning that you dont even need to label the no mans land. If you went to these roasters and said theres a political issue here in the middle. The SNP are lined up over there, with the Tories opposite (and BTW Tories are as bad) but i'm not telling you what the debate is over yet, yer Dangers etc would be out with the trench digging tools before you finished speaking. 

The fact that this phenomenon extends to shutting down businesses then backing your stance up by telling the people affected that these pursuits are not required for a wholseome life anyway is depressing as f**k way to end the pandemic

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dredging up thick, homophobic arseholes like him just because he supports your viewpoint isn't particularly helpful.

I wouldn't quite say we're at fascism levels just yet, bud. Don't think such a post is going to mean much to anyone. Not at all really. The SNP certainly won't like a public figure and world champion who flies the saltire sticking the boot in, however.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Does anyone know if anyone getting covid after their booster?  I’ve only known a few people getting it after double vaccination and a few before vaccinations were available.

I did.  I’m on day 4.  Day 2 was pretty horrendous, but all being all, it’s no worse than a bad cold.  Almost everyone I know who has got it, has contracted Omicron after their booster, but that because most of my friends are of a similar age group.

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I have had my booster and I currently have it. Very mild symptoms, but still. Also the friend who gave me it, I think also had his booster. 

Some "friend" he is...

6 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Josh Taylor and Neil Mackay being fanboyed in this thread. A new low

The SNP are more than happy to fanboy Taylor when he's winning world titles and flying the saltire.