Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

They are certainly not currently sufficient according to Professor Leitch and Miss Sturgeon. Even those, like us who have had two jabs plus a booster plus an annual flu jab are being urged to ta take very frequent tests - hardly a sign of confidence in the science advice. .With regard to the present staff shortages  attributed to Covid in the NHS and other key sectors, it would be helpful to know what percentage actually have the virus.

Almost everyone I know who has the virus currently is either two or jabbed, or two plus a booster.    That’s certainly the case I’m in.  I don’t feel particularly grateful for our government, though.  

The thing to remember about this all is that if it wasn't for internal Tory politics and Boris being a clown the whole of Europe would have blanket restrictions which we would be told were staving off huge numbers of deaths.

We are in the strange situation of the darts lads at Ally Pally saving society by showing Omicron is a load of pish one chant at a time.

Care centre just phoned - step-dad has stabilised not any better but not any worse. Doctor has asked for his bloods to be tested before they make a decision about hospital. They are hoping to find out tonight but it might be middle of night before results come through. If he is hospitalised my Mum has been told that she will not get into see him.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Care centre just phoned - step-dad has stabilised not any better but not any worse. Doctor has asked for his bloods to be tested before they make a decision about hospital. They are hoping to find out tonight but it might be middle of night before results come through. If he is hospitalised my Mum has been told that she will not get into see him.

Best wishes for you and your family mate.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Cases per capita significantly higher here than in England today despite the darts and the fitba.

I predict will here from Swinney tomorrow but not Sturgeon.

No doubt the lassies who went to Carlisle will get the blame for the rise in cases 

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
4 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Cases per capita significantly higher here than in England today despite the darts and the fitba.
I predict will here from Swinney tomorrow but not Sturgeon.

But we're 3rd in the world with our vaccine rollout.

Any argument that the vaccine reduces transmission has crumbled.

Any further restrictions based on vaccination status will be purely punitive. The Canadian racist PM Trudeau was getting at that in an interview at the weekend.

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Hopefully everything is OK for you and your family. I went through a scenario with my mum in that the was transferred to a SATA ward upon arrival in hospital.

It was only once it was determined that she was at end of life that they waived the restrictions for me, my dad and my partner to see her.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Best wishes to your stepdad and family at this time mate. Fingers crossed that you get better news tonight. 👍

5 hours ago, red23 said:

been chatting to this girl a while and been invited to her house but shes still isolating from a positive covid test until 6th Jan so plan is to meet up after. Risky or no?

Does she a bit friendly after a few drinks?

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Fully agree with the comment above.

For me, the frustration is how I seem to be in a minority of one at work or even within my family. Do any of you guys find this? For the life of me, I cannot understand why people blindly accept all this stuff. Imagine having had three jags within a year and still being worried about going out/getting a sniffle.

The second anyone raises a hint of disbelief or suspicion they are met with extremist views. You can't say "I feel fit and healthy, I don't want to take the vaccine" without being called a conspiracy theorist at best or a deluded right wing nazi at worst. 

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

No doubt the lassies who went to Carlisle will get the blame for the rise in cases 

Genuinely the fact that England have less restrictions is already well and truly being used as the excuse up here for our cases. It should be the best evidence yet of the futility of restrictions to show a direct comparison between them and us, and how little difference the outcomes are, but instead the high rates in Scotland and Wales will be blamed on people travelling to/from England. Bookmark it.

6 minutes ago, ConcernedReferee said:

The second anyone raises a hint of disbelief or suspicion they are met with extremist views. You can't say "I feel fit and healthy, I don't want to take the vaccine" without being called a conspiracy theorist at best or a deluded right wing nazi at worst. 

There's more to it than that though,and to address the boy that you quoted the double triple jagged are being forced  to stay at home in the most part to protect those who don't want to take it. Don't want to take it, stay at home and stop preventing everyone else from getting on with life tbh.

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry to hear that mate. My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Anyone seen the new Netflix movie with Di Caprio and Jonah Hill Called “don’t look up”. It’s about an asteroid on a collision course with earth but is a parody of clearly the last two years of politics, social media culture and the emergency response of Covid etc 

It’s wildly relateable(apart from the whole asteroid doomsday scenario) 😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

While this is undoubtedly true, it remains equally true that a full lockdown would be preferable to the halfway house

ayeok.png

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Any argument that the vaccine reduces transmission has crumbled.

They did pre-Omicron, though this was also lessened from Alpha to Delta. Boosters will likely cut transmission but only for a short period of time (less than 12 weeks).

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Good news for Sturgeon and another reason to be 'cautious' - A variant with FORTY SIX mutations has been discovered in the south of France.

Best continue to close football stadiums etc. Just to be safe ay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/new-variant-france-46-mutations-22634183.amp

Probably even more mild than Omicron!