Coronavirus (COVID-19)

been chatting to this girl a while and been invited to her house but shes still isolating from a positive covid test until 6th Jan so plan is to meet up after. Risky or no?

Edited by red23

Scottish numbers: 3 January 2022

Summary
20,217 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
65,860 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
34.9% of these were positive
38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
1,031 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,383,212 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,017,051 have received their second dose, and 2,992,583 have received a third dose or booster

I assume this covers the last 3 days?

Bit of a jump again in hospitalisations but still no breakdown.

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Does this no contradict the UK government saying you can end isolation if you have two negative LFTs on day 6-7?

Wouldn’t surprise me tbf.

Is that advice not only if you're isolating as a contact, ie don't have the virus yourself? If you've tested positive yourself then nothing lets you unisolate (I think)

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Scottish numbers: 3 January 2022

Summary
20,217 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
65,860 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
34.9% of these were positive
38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
1,031 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,383,212 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,017,051 have received their second dose, and 2,992,583 have received a third dose or booster

I assume this covers the last 3 days?

Bit of a jump again in hospitalisations but still no breakdown.

Intensive care numbers still looking very stable. 

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're unable to clarify anything as they just shot their bolt to look like they care more than Boris Johnson.  

'Restrict fans first then we'll have a think about why we've done it and what's next.  As long as there's no one inside stadiums we can relax'.

Dear Clan. You’ll get bugger all and like it.  Love, Scottish Government. 

15 minutes ago, red23 said:

been chatting to this girl a while and been invited to her house but shes still isolating from a positive covid test until 6th Jan so plan is to meet up after. Risky or no?

Depends. Is she giving out the goods?

Is that advice not only if you're isolating as a contact, ie don't have the virus yourself? If you've tested positive yourself then nothing lets you unisolate (I think)

I might be wrong about how it ended up but the initial news announcements did state that people infected with Covid in England could end their isolation three days early with two negative tests.

6 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

There is no such thing as “isolating as a contact” in England (unless you’re one of the small percentage of adults who’s not had two jabs)

The day 6-7 test to release is for positive cases only. Unvaccinated contacts need to go 10 days and vaccinated contacts don’t need to isolate at all. 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Caught a snippet on the radio from the mouthpiece JL alluding to capacity crowds not expected back until April. In a country that’s double/triple vaccinated to the max. Fck off 

Fully agree with the comment above.

For me, the frustration is how I seem to be in a minority of one at work or even within my family. Do any of you guys find this? For the life of me, I cannot understand why people blindly accept all this stuff. Imagine having had three jags within a year and still being worried about going out/getting a sniffle.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, Tynie Spenlow said:

According to NHS advice page you shouldn't do LF for 90 days after a positive pcr.

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Does this no contradict the UK government saying you can end isolation if you have two negative LFTs on day 6-7?

Wouldn’t surprise me tbf.

Interesting. 

For what it's worth, we tried the day 6/7 release and were both thwarted by faint lines every day. Ended up with the ten anyway. 

What needs to happen in a country where the majority of us are triple vaccinated for these ludicrous restrictions to end? How are they going to support these businesses until April given the complete lack of adequate funding..? Businesses, football clubs etc need to mount a legal challenge against those in power. In the absence of suitable data, livelihoods are being ruined for a pure political purpose. 

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

What needs to happen in a country where the majority of us are triple vaccinated for these ludicrous restrictions to end? How are they going to support these businesses until April given the complete lack of adequate funding..? Businesses, football clubs etc need to mount a legal challenge against those in power. In the absence of suitable data, livelihoods are being ruined for a pure political purpose. 

I’ve been surprised at the lack of legal action taken against the SG 

Maybe not so much over the restrictions themselves because I don’t know if they’d have a leg to stand on challenging this

But the fact the SG are encouraging people not to visit these places

”Alright, you can keep your pub open, but nae standing, table service only with reduced capacity, oh aye we are going to tell people to avoid your establishment on top of it”

It just dawned on me that one of the most ridiculous restrictions to bring back in was 1 metre social distancing. With shops, bars, restaurants having all removed their measures some had to then reinstate them for this initial 3 weeks. Fking ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve been surprised at the lack of legal action taken against the SG 

Maybe not so much over the restrictions themselves because I don’t know if they’d have a leg to stand on challenging this

But the fact the SG are encouraging people not to visit these places

”Alright, you can keep your pub open, but nae standing, table service only with reduced capacity, oh aye we are going to tell people to avoid your establishment on top of it”

Frankly I think the fact that SG’s  message is still ‘stay at home’ and adverts are being broadcast to this effect 2 years into this when we have the vast majority triple vaccinated is abhorrent.

As far as I can see this isn’t the message in Wales or NI. Surely the SG must be a global outlier on this (with the exception of countries actually in lockdown)?