Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It was only a matter of time before Blackandwhitearmy feuds transferred over to the covid thread.

Surprised it has taken so long TBH.

There’s an ‘e’ in the tenth word of your post that seems to indicate a typo’ error has been made. Here to help.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Bob comparing people legitimately criticising his glorious leader to a pair of young women on the end of abuse and death threats for going out and enjoying themselves. These SNP cultists are absolutely mental.

He's funny. He only has 'disgusting vile creature' to turn to. This has been used to describe many a person over the course of this thread. Some male, some female.

It was only a matter of time before Blackandwhitearmy feuds transferred over to the covid thread.
Surprised it has taken so long TBH.
To be fair I haven't posted on BWA for years. It was because of the Oakys of this world I and many others left it hence my frustration when he turned up here.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

One reason could be if you are hourly paid SSP kicks in immediately (as opposed to on the 4th missed day) with a positive covid test.

But you don't need a positive test for that to be the case.

The current regulations for SSP mean you can self cert for 28 days so you don't need "proof" of a positive test.

You don't even need to have COVID you could be self isolating as a household contact.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

But you don't need a positive test for that to be the case.

The current regulations for SSP mean you can self cert for 28 days so you don't need "proof" of a positive test.

You don't even need to have COVID you could be self isolating as a household contact.

The current regs for SSP mean it kicks in immediately for being off work for any cause? Are you sure?

If you’re off sick for another reason
You can get SSP from the fourth day you’re off sick.

The days you’re off sick when you normally would have worked are called ‘qualifying days’. If you’re eligible, you’ll get SSP for all your qualifying days, except for the first 3. These are called ‘waiting days’.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The current regs for SSP mean it kicks in immediately for being off work for any cause? Are you sure?

No, you are correct it needs to be COVID related.

What I'm saying is you don't have to have proof of a positive test which you need to share with your employer. You can phone your work and say I have COVID/my wife has COVID and it is treated as a COVID absence and SSP should kick in.

So, if Oaksoft reckons folk are testing in the hope of a positive test to get a day off work rather than not kill vulnerable family members then they are creating unnecessary work for themselves.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I notice she's back to spamming her own Twitter timeline again.

And also insulting other professional scientists who don't share her views.

She must be "interesting" to work with.

Now now, that's the better culture in academia that she advocates for. Her Twitter bio says so, so it must be true. 

At the risk of reopening last night's can of worms, she is a genuinely vile person. More than happy to dish it out especially in borderline/actually abusive terms (look at some of the stuff she has directed towards the JCVI for example) but incapable of taking any critcism back, usually going off on a foot stamping exercise about being ignored whenever this happens. Anything that does not fit the Deepti doom narrative is rubbished and the person tweeting it - usually someone that does not really have the freedom to respond as they see fit due to their job - is personally attacked. As I said, a genuinely vile individual. 

Hilarious also that fake sage has been reduced to blowing off the models generated by an organisation that they were specifically set up to oppose. A collosal failure, then. 

9 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

In my work we need proof to be paid 

Even since the new regs kicked in in December? I'd be getting the union to look at that.

It's possible that in order to get full pay, as opposed to SSP, individual employers might still rely on their existing policies but given the point of the regulations are to ease pressures on GPs having to dole out lines and concentrate on jabs a big company like yours might want to  consider the PR implications.

My work has adopted the 28 day self cert for all sickness absence and for contractual sick pay .

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He's funny. He only has 'disgusting vile creature' to turn to. This has been used to describe many a person over the course of this thread. Some male, some female.

Don't forget "full Bolsonaro!!!!" for those who think it might be time for one of the most vaccinated countries in the world to stop fucking over its people via pointless restrictions.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Even since the new regs kicked in in December? I'd be getting the union to look at that.

It's possible that in order to get full pay, as opposed to SSP, individual employers might still rely on their existing policies but given the point of the regulations are to ease pressures on GPs having to dole out lines and concentrate on jabs a big company like yours might want to  consider the PR implications.

My work has adopted the 28 day self cert for all sickness absence and for contractual sick pay .

My union has bent over backwards a long time ago. Usdaw are a joke. 

Sickness normally in my company we don't get paid for the first two days off . It's all nonsense but it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

:lol:

Further up that thread, after being called out as demanding Plan B was introduced and having that successfully implemented, Pagel claiming that iSAGE were only talking about Delta with that and it would’ve worked if Omicron hadn’t happened. They really are utterly shameless in their refusal to admit they were wrong… again.

Somewhere out there in the multiverse, WM is being run by a left-wing government and all the relaxations and continued freedoms are being wholly endorsed and supported by the same folk who are currently screaming for further tightening.

Meanwhile, the Tory supporters of the opposition are wailing that those in power aren't doing enough to protect lives and people's health and that the liberal 'do what you want' mob are fucking wrecking this country and this wouldn't have happened during WWII when everyone knuckled down together in the Blitz Spirit™

There are many folk on this thread who have left their previous political leanings at the door to actually focus on the issue and topic at hand without 'Tory said it so must be bad, SNP said it so must be good' coming into the conversation to cloud judgement. The people most concerned at this fact, for some reason, are the diehard SNP supporters like Danger and Bob who see this as a sleight at their party and their politics which is why they are so constant and disproportionately aggressive at the prospect of people who were previously SNP supporters being deeply troubled at the route they've taken.

I'd be very interested to see the reaction of those posters in a situation where a left-wing government down south and a right-wing government in Scotland were imposing the same respective measures as we currently are seeing. I reckon they'd be firmly onside with the opinions held by many on this thread.

I also can all but guarantee most of the people who are currently yelling bollocks at everything the SNP have said and done the last 18 months, would be shouting bollocks at the Tories imposing these, so in that regard, our opinions would remain firm regardless of the party implementing restrictions.

Edited by djchapsticks

[emoji38]
Thats quite telling actually.

Implementation of measures = controlling the virus in his mind. No checking of the numbers or trends. No comparisons drawn. Just, they did something therefore it must be working.

There is absolutely no review cycle or tough questions happening re the efficacy of measures that I can see in this country or anywhere else. These people getting a hold of "lockdown this" or "restrict that" is going to be an ongoing disaster as they continue to treat it like a naughty step for the population of entire countries.