Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I caught that interview with the two girls in Carlisle as it went out live. My reaction was neither ‘good on you’, or ‘you idiots’. It wasn’t for or against them. My reaction was ‘fair enough, I’d maybe have done the same if I was their age’.

I’m struggling to see why anyone is making a big deal about their actions.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Despicable.

Couriers are the unsong heros in all this crap. They have been on the front line going door to door delivering hundreds of parcels as everyone sits at home ordering stuff from Amazon (other retailers are available). I'm yet to hear that couriers are super spreaders, who knew?

Edit - Shouting back off maybe isn't the best means of raising a legitimate concern either Stephen. 

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just saying that if your pals all get covid so you've nobody to go out with, I'd rather you didn't come up to check out the pubs in Inverness instead.

I'm not sure the pubs in Inverness would appoint you as their spokesperson tbh.

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm loving how the puce faced fanatics on here....who spend all their time on this thread, often posting abusive comments about women ....there have been plenty of 'vile, disgusting creature' comments.... are now up in arms about some mentally deranged lunatics posting comments on social media about women. 

Self-awareness of these moonhowling fanatics = 0.

Cans of Kestrel tanned by Bob = 12

2 minutes ago, ddfg said:

You would have thought by now it would be possible for SG to simultaneously issue guidance to affected sectors  as the First Minister was making an announcement containing changes to restrictions? 

The current mo smacks of still making things up on the back of the proverbial cigarette packet. 

You’d like to think so, but this has almost never happened throughout the course of the pandemic. The detail always follows later. Scot Gov never misses an opportunity to gain political capital with some broad strokes policy making differentiating us from England, reinforcing Nicola’s ‘caring’ brand, then they scrabble around in panic mode for a few days, under pressure from the sectors they’ve restricted, adding the detail, negotiating the compensation, and even securing the funding. The fact that Westminster hasn’t played ball with Scot Gov’s latest tranche of restrictions has resulted in an even bigger clusterfuck than normal. I think Scot Gov was banking on the (wrongly) predicted ‘tsunami of Omicron hospitalisations and deaths’ forcing Westminster to reinstate furlough and issue some bigger cheques, but no luck there.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just saying that if your pals all get covid so you've nobody to go out with, I'd rather you didn't come up to check out the pubs in Inverness instead.

My best mate got it just before Christmas.  Fucked our planned night out.

I went away for Christmas (up to the highlands) then round to my neighbours yesterday for a few beers.

Are you saying I shouldn’t have gone anywhere because my mate caught Covid?

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wasn't entirely sure what to make of this. But then this...

Makes me think that he actually means last resort rather than getting ready to introduce them.

As an aside, I do find it slightly irritating that, unlike WM (who didn't bring new restrictions in), the SG have decided that, despite introducing restrictions they can't properly fund, the current Covid situation isn't actually important enough to not f**k off on holiday for a few days and bother updating the data.

If restrictions in England are to be the absolute last resort, let us hope that the SG similarly makes new restrictions on freedom in Scotland the very last thing, and not, as at present, the very first thing.

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I caught that interview with the two girls in Carlisle as it went out live. My reaction was neither ‘good on you’, or ‘you idiots’. It wasn’t for or against them. My reaction was ‘fair enough, I’d maybe have done the same if I was their age’.

I’m struggling to see why anyone is making a big deal about their actions.

Because the past couple years has made some people absolutely mental

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Is this you trying to change the subject because you’ve jumped in with both feet castigating a couple of young lassies and made a c**t of yourself?

No, I was agreeing with you about that tweet about the delivery driver. You c**t.

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Courier drivers have been feckin’ ace throughout this. Except for Hermes. 😜

I see loads of people slag off Hermes but our guy is brand new.  Always got biscuits for the dogs and I have a chat with him about the football.  If we don’t answer the door he knows to fire the stuff into the greenhouse.