Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I took loads of tests in the week leading up to Christmas as I was feeling ill and I would be spending the day with my gran who is in her 80s and isn't in great health. I was also concerned about infecting work mates and ruining their Christmas. 

I think most people test because they don't want to infect anyone else. 

With you here. The vast majority will be testing to not infect anyone. There will be a vocal minority who do it for the likes on social media though.

I also like working from the office and to do so I need to test daily. Its worth it as I prefer being in and I don't consider it an imposition. I don't report the results though (I haven't tested positive yet).

Has anyone else tested positive but the folk they've been in contact with test negative? I spent last weekend with about 8 family members (at least one day of which I was riddled) and slept in the same bed as my girlfriend for 2 nights.  Every single one of them is testing negative on LFTs in spite of the fact only one (we know of) has had it before.

I'm beginning to think I'm pretty shit at this whole super spreader thing.

Has anyone else tested positive but the folk they've been in contact with test negative? I spent last weekend with about 8 family members (at least one day of which I was riddled) and slept in the same bed as my girlfriend for 2 nights.  Every single one of them is testing negative on LFTs in spite of the fact only one (we know of) has had it before.
My wife tested positive on Boxing day, she's had a couple of positive LFTs as well since then. I've tested negative on every LFT I've done since then, PCR also came back negative.

13 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It's still possible it was a false positive and you had another respiratory infection, and/or family members have temporary sterilising immunity due to recent exposure and/or booster vaccination.

15 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

All three of my kids had it and I didn't catch it.

Covid doesn't fancy me.

17 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

When I was down in London for the Euro’s the 5/6 mates I was in close contact with all weekend tested negative. Really bizarre given how transmissible the Delta variant was, and you’d think the Omicron would be even worse in your circumstances. I got symptoms almost immediately after I got home from that weekend in London, and positive on an LFT straight after they began. Can’t believe they somehow avoided getting it from me. 

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's still possible it was a false positive and you had another respiratory infection, and/or family members have temporary sterilising immunity due to recent exposure and/or booster vaccination.

I tested positive on a PCR and the fact I was with a mate in the pub last weekend who text me saying they'd caught it leaves me in no doubt what I've got is a symptomless case of the rona.

I still find it pretty bizarre nonetheless.

It’s complete chance/how good your immune system whether you catch it or not. I think some senior SNP politicians believe if one person in a household becomes infected, the rest of the occupants do too. It just doesn’t work like that. Even with Omicron.

I bumped into a mate in Asda yesterday and his son got a positive PCR result on the 23rd and he, his wife and daughter have been negative since then. 

Wasn't entirely sure what to make of this. But then this...

Makes me think that he actually means last resort rather than getting ready to introduce them.

As an aside, I do find it slightly irritating that, unlike WM (who didn't bring new restrictions in), the SG have decided that, despite introducing restrictions they can't properly fund, the current Covid situation isn't actually important enough to not f**k off on holiday for a few days and bother updating the data.

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I tested positive on a PCR and the fact I was with a mate in the pub last weekend who text me saying they'd caught it leaves me in no doubt what I've got is a symptomless case of the rona.

I still find it pretty bizarre nonetheless.

You likely will have had a lower viral load if you were asymptomatic and been contagious for a shorter period of time.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s complete chance/how good your immune system whether you catch it or not.

This is also true. Some people are just very lucky, i.e. those who live till they're 100 with nothing bad happening to them (RIP Captain Colonel Sir Tom).

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I am no expert on feminism but even I am somewhat unsure that a bona Fide feminist would make a comment like this.

All your values and principles go out the window when you believe there is capital to be gained from covid for the independence cause, it seems...

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The state of this 

Nobody is asking you to apologise and Carlisle is shite for a night out anyways 

What is it with these absolute fun sponges? Im sorry that these wee lassies robbed of two years of their lives went to Carlisle for a night out? 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Nasty, nasty people in the comments. 

People like these and their quite honestly appaling views are just another part of the reason why I actively chose to dissociate myself with the party they support.

Frankly, I don't want any of their fucking stink on me.

Comments are absolutely fucking awful on that, sneering, horrible people. Genuinely some tweets on that calling them slags and sluts and wishing death on them? Just because they ignored Nicola’s wishes? And people really say it isnt a cult? 

51 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wasn't entirely sure what to make of this. But then this...

Makes me think that he actually means last resort rather than getting ready to introduce them.

As an aside, I do find it slightly irritating that, unlike WM (who didn't bring new restrictions in), the SG have decided that, despite introducing restrictions they can't properly fund, the current Covid situation isn't actually important enough to not f**k off on holiday for a few days and bother updating the data.

We really need to just let this wave burn through quickly right now. 

36 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'll be testing if I get symptoms (like today, I have a cough so had a pcr this morning) as due to the cancer I have if I'm positive I'm first in the queue for the newly  approved anti viral drugs. 

Needless to say, hopefully it comes back negative.