Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Happy New Year to everyone in this thread. 

Had a fantastic night in Manchester. At 25 it was just too hard to turn down. Going to afters rave just now. Been to England a few times since July but had some good nights in Glasgow aswell as short as 2 weeks ago.

All I can say is this is finished as a huge concern. We (Scotland) need to accept we’ve done all we can and it’s finished now. If people want to sit in the house that’s fine but those who want to get on with life should have no restrictions. Omicron will spread whatever you do but thankfully it is very mild. The vast majority of us have taken 3 jabs. Enough is enough. No more 4/5/6 jabs unless you are vulnerable. Get the restrictions gone and let’s get on with our lives. 

A prediction and bet for 2022 is both Sturgeon and Johnson will have to go. The independence movement will have no chance with Sturgeon now.

Went to The Lab at 6pm tonight. One of the busiest pubs in Glasgow. On any normal Friday at that time it’s standing room only, never mind on Hogmanay.
Place was dead, about 10 people there. Spoke to the manager and he confirmed they’d be better off closed.
What destruction Nicola’s meddling is doing. What a mess.

Our local had a Hogmanay party booked with well over 100 tickets sold at a tenner a head, obviously cancelled but opened the bar anyway and at most we had 9 folk in and that was including 3 of our bairns. 

Sad state of affairs.

Our local had a Hogmanay party booked with well over 100 tickets sold at a tenner a head, obviously cancelled but opened the bar anyway and at most we had 9 folk in and that was including 3 of our bairns. 

Sad state of affairs.

We had a local nightclub opening with table service only for the bells but they got shut down at 4pm today due to restrictions. Can only presume the councils being awkward with them.

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

Devi will be fucking raging her works been overlooked.

Keep grifting, you’ll get there soon.

I am fairly confident that 'Muricans aren't allowed to receive Commonwealth Honours. They burned their bridges with that stupid war, unlike Blair it seems.

14 hours ago, printer said:

Left Back clearly isn't particularly clever.

Ach, he's just guilty of what a few on here are.

If he perceives a post as hostile to his stance, he doesn't read it properly and sure as Hell doesn't give it any thought.  He misses any nuance because it doesn't interest him.

Anyway, here's hoping that 2022 is the year that sees the virus placed properly in the rear view mirror.  Its existence has been bad for people in countless ways.

A Happier New Year for all!

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

We had a local nightclub opening with table service only for the bells but they got shut down at 4pm today due to restrictions. Can only presume the councils being awkward with them.

I’m sure Swinney said the other day that nightclubs could still operate so long as they were doing table service only?

I’m sure Swinney said the other day that nightclubs could still operate so long as they were doing table service only?

Aye you’re correct. Won’t surprise me if they’ve been caught out with that and the council shut them down. They branded it as new restrictions being the reason for shutting it down.

If i'm reading the rules correctly, even after testing negative on 2 LFTs on consecutive days (8 and 9) of self-isolation following positive tests on Xmas eve, I should still in theory see out the full 10 days?

That's utterly pointless, right? 

If i'm reading the rules correctly, even after testing negative on 2 LFTs on consecutive days (8 and 9) of self-isolation following positive tests on Xmas eve, I should still in theory see out the full 10 days?
That's utterly pointless, right? 
Its 10 days from when your symptoms started, not from positive test unless you're asymptomatic.