Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's rather telling, IMO, that health chiefs are calling for their staff to be allowed to work rather than their previous pleas for the imposition of restrictions.

Noticed this also.

Feels like it weakens the “self interest” argument if even the NHS are stating that restrictions/protections aren’t the way to go.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The real selfish c***s are these who refuse to get vaccinated, not the people with 3 jags wanting to go for a pint or to the football

It feels like the unvaccinated up here have been given a free pass from the criticism 

Don’t fall into the trap of thinking this is all the unvaccinated’s fault . People at the end of the day have the right to choose wether they want to be vaccinated or not . Take that away and make it mandatory and we would be heading down a dark and honestly quite terrifying path.

The fault lies with the politicians and any grievance should be with there shambolic handling of it . We are the most vaccinated country in the world with numbers most countries could only dream about right now 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Life has pretty much sustained itself for as long as I know by not giving a f**k.  Underage fine,  openly dealing fine,  watering down(and sometimes not even bothering) drinks. I don’t think they’re ever kicked anyone out.

Aye, I get that! Went there after the Scotland/Denmark game (kilted and glengarryed up) absolutely hoolit. Had a couple of venoms and a few shots. Felt the shots coming back up, went outside, whiteied on the street and walked past the bouncer who seen all this, to carry on back inside once more. A flagrant "alright neebs" was passed between the aforementioned bouncer and myself. A classy joint indeed!

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

With NS, JL & GS tweeting today about how cases will keep rising I fully expect some absolute nonsense restriction to be added / extended later today.

Wonder if they will announce travel bans to the rest of the UK later today. 

Got to admit I'm at the end of my thether with all this. Reading a report from JL earlier saying football restrictions may last longer than originally stated (to the suprise of absolutely no one). My work is also up in the air with all this and I'm beginning to get in a dark place again worrying about things like income and going to the football as a release. Sad times when you'd rather be living with Boris in charge of the country than the shitshow that is happening up here. 

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to admit I'm at the end of my thether with all this. Reading a report from JL earlier saying football restrictions may last longer than originally stated (to the suprise of absolutely no one). My work is also up in the air with all this and I'm beginning to get in a dark place again worrying about things like income and going to the football as a release. Sad times when you'd rather be living with Boris in charge of the country than the shitshow that is happening up here. 

Try and keep calm mate. I know it’s easy words but you’ll honestly feel better if you try and step back from your panic over this shit,  Try and count the days till you are working and use this as a posive release...  it’s maybe only work but it’ll keep your mind occupied. We’ll be back at our social lives and football soon enough; if nothing else use this break as a positive release from watching Ayr United lol. 

Edited by deegee

3 minutes ago, deegee said:

Try and keep calm mate. I know it’s easy words but you’ll honestly feel better if you try and step back from your panic over this shit,  Try and count the days till you are working and use this as a posive release...  it’s maybe only work but it’ll keep your mind occupied. We’ll be back at our social lives and football soon enough; if nothing else use this break as a positive release from watching Ayr United lol. 

Cheers mate. Work helps keep me sane, I enjoy it and work with mostly decent people. The thought of potentially weeks more of this is a struggle. I was lucky enough to see the game v Raith and we played well...for a change. Just want back to that. Football is a release and something to look forward to for loads of people. I know some folk like the SG think football fans are scum of the earth, but we should never pour scorn on folk for wanting to go to a game, whilst shopping centres can continue to be rammed with folk. Venting now 😂

Thats my anxiety heading off the scale now. Seems like my work are determined to shaft us onto an enforced overtime shift pattern to "protect the business", and everycunt and their dug is peddling rumours that the schools are going to stay closed till March. I know its only rumours, but I really dont need this shite from my work, and the rate at which it appears we are going backwards in Scotland is getting alarming now. 

Aye, anger getting matched by proper anxiety now. 

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

He’s being absolutely criticised in every tweet :lol: 

As much as it is purely anecdotal, and not quite to the same foaming-at-the-mouth extent that I get to, I am noticing that the tide has basically completely turned against the SNP and their choices over the past couple of months when it comes to previous SNP voting die hards within my friends and family. Of course we can all joke about the SNP simps in this thread but the majority opinion (again, anecdotal) seems to be changing now that the vaccines/shan variant have converted this pandemic to a high stakes, highly tracked cold.

I get myself absolutely raging at these nonsense restrictions (watching mumbleclown on the news as we speak) but I am relatively hopeful that come the spring the UK government will grab the bull by the horns and bin basically everything covid related. Thank god for the reckless Tories, I say without shame which in itself feels pretty shameless.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if they will announce travel bans to the rest of the UK later today. 

I take it she can't stop folk coming back in?

We're due back on Thursday and I really can't be fucked with anymore "protections".

Edited by Trogdor