Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

20200910_222538.thumb.jpg.76ab6e9cabe1b1d86797121b426a6f7b.jpg

I genuinely believe if we (or any country) done what Sweden had, our end result would have been no different/worse - purely down to two simple facts. First is that cases can't just keep rising forever, they inevitably peak and fall. Second is that, contrary to popular belief, the public began taking matters into their own hands anyway in terms of cutting social contacts.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

To add to the above

If England do go ahead and sail through this with no issues, serious questions need to be asked of the SNP about this.

The health service is quite clearly in desperate need of investment. Taking money from it instead to support businesses they unnecessarily caused to be in need of that support would be unforgiveable.

Oh dear. More austerity!!

16 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

those nightclubs that elect to close will receive... undisclosed amounts in grant support for closing, while those that repurpose themselves as socially-distanced live music bars won’t

That's genuinely an atrocious situation to be placed in. What are the SG doing here?

What a bunch of absolute c***s they are showing themselves to be.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's genuinely an atrocious situation to be placed in. What are the SG doing here?

What a bunch of absolute c***s they are showing themselves to be.

Aye. Basically telling businesses to gamble a closure for whats in the mystery box, or spend cash to stay open, changing your entire business in the process for a totally unpredictable return, then have to spend cash putting it back again. 

What a way to treat folk. All because wanted firstly to score some points, then because you are too big to admit you were wrong. Jobs and businesses sacrificed PURELY to save face for Sturgeon. 

Edited by Bairnardo

10 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

As much as that may be true, the big Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby games are also crowd free during Christmas / New Year as is the Dundee v Fife ice hockey.

I don’t believe it’s a witch hunt against football alone, it’s simply against anything regular folk take interest in or enjoyment from to try and make a point about reckless Tories.

Gloriously that tired line seems to have blown right up in their faces.

It’s an attack on football without being an attack on football. They have already admitted that they had to set an example and that the number they came up with has zero scientific basis for being used. f**k them.

The fact they used football as the example means it was in all honesty an attack on football.

I notice Devi has took a Twitter break. Something tells me she’s been the driving force behind these restrictions and her Twitter break is absolutely not coincidental.

9 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Without being disrespectful to your mother and forgive me if I’m generalising, but it’s easy to be in favour of restrictions on nightclubs and the football etc, if they don’t effect you.

Won't hear me disagreeing with that. I suspect its the scaremongering and words used like Tsunami, Tidal Wave, record breaking that have got some of the older generation scared to leave their houses leaving then with nothing else to do than watching news coverage all day which causes them more worries despite being triple jagged

2 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Won't hear me disagreeing with that. I suspect its the scaremongering and words used like Tsunami, Tidal Wave, record breaking that have got some of the older generation scared to leave their houses leaving then with nothing else to do than watching news coverage all day which causes them more worries despite being triple jagged

My parents are the same, triple jagged but in their late 60s and every time I go round it's 'aww we need another lockdown, the cases are rising'.  It's the feart constantly being fearmongered. 

Some really insightful posts in the past few hours, particularly the news that the Scottish Government may have diverted money from health to cover their funds for the current restrictions, and as always Frankie offers a real-world update on hospitality businesses’ dilemmas and the impossible position they are in re staff, opening and financial risk and liabilities.

It is not just football, nightclubs and boozy drinkers being affected, which is probably how Sturgeon thinks she will get away with “doing something “. I received an email from Scottish Ballet; their Nutcracker show is stopping after Xmas and means a few remaining nights’ shows in Edinburgh are off as well as a fortnight of performances in Theatre Royal, Glasgow. You have the impact of lost revenue for the performers, musicians, backstage and venue staff, reimbursed tickets and lost money for venues. Not to mention the capacity of the venues are circa 1500 (Glasgow) and 1900 (Edinburgh) so lots of families, travel costs and plans in tatters.

Just to allow Sturgeon to make a quick ill-thought political point.

25 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Aye and I seen someone in sainsbury wearing an exemption card and lanyard. With a mask on. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

How stupid must you be to get played by Boris Johnson?

I'd question if the man can tie his own shoelaces.

The torrys might be shite at delivering a good government to their people. but they are excellent at holding onto power, which is what it's really all about. the SNP are much less experienced and have no real opposition. every time they have played with the big boys they have been utterly schooled