Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

A slug you say? Maybe she should instigate a court case which will have wide reaching legal implications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donoghue_v_Stevenson

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

When a percentage would make much more sense and be slightly more palatable.

There will be some stadiums at 1% capacity, others at 25%. It makes even less sense for indoor venues where a 200 seat theatre can still run at full capacity.

200 seat venues will have to enforce 1m social distancing between groups, so will likely be nearer 25% than 100%. 

57 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've been thinking about this since the Beeb announced it the other day. That's great if you run a wee cafe with cheap food that isn't particularly busy, but anyone running a half decent busy restaurant will get a fucking week at best covered by that. Absolute nonsense. 

Or in our case, as a busy city centre bar / restaurant / function suites / live music venue, 6.8k won’t even cover our average Saturday take. We’ve lost a six figure sum in expected revenue to date, and we were down to <30% of expected business levels last week.

Scot Gov have since committed an additional 275 million to business support, supplementing the original 100m, but we’ve yet to see the detail of what that means for hospitality specifically (which was allocated 66m of the 100m), as it’s assumed it will be spread across multiple sectors including tourism / hotels etc. so we’ll see in due course what that amounts to. Not nearly enough almost certainly. 

Edited by Frankie S

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Its already set up on every ones NHS Portal/page. When i recieved the "booster"  I noticed it and spoke to the doctor who showed me that there was a 3rd,4th, 5th then Booster plan already in place if needed. I must admit I wasn't up nor down, get the vaccine in my arm and let me get on with life, didn't expect 4 weeks later it would actually be like march 2020 all over again, restrictions masquerading as protections. Absolutely soul destroying 

Meanwhile most of Africa and many other lower income countries have still had little to no vaccination and may wind up being the source of future problematic variants. Doing this beyond the most genuinely at risk groups is mainly about keeping the plebs voting for the same governing parties rather than what's really best to get COVID under control.

So all of the data is there now. 
Perfect chance for NS to get on the tv tomorrow and admit they got it wrong and bin the incoming restrictions.

Of course what will actually happen is we’ll get a telling off about not seeing too many people over the festive period and warned we may not be going far enough.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I heard some ‘f**k the snp’, ‘sturgeon get to f**k’ and ‘sturgeon takes it up the arse’ in the away end tonight. 

Honestly, not a great fan and as shite as this all this it isn’t the way to express it. 

She is now hated by nearly everyone, did that even happen to Thatcher. 

A year ago she was talked about as the best politician in the UK and Boris was a laughing stock but now people are leaving the SNP in their droves. Some are talking about voting for Boris. It's unbelievable. What a turnaround. Nobody would have predicted this. It's crazy.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

ITN News opens with story that Omicron is 40-70% less likely to land you up in hospital.

Throw to a medical expert within 90 seconds who agrees it's less severe but only slightly - about 10%. :lol:

These people just cannot help themselves.

Isn't there two seperate reports? One reckons  it's 20-25% less likely to hospitalise and the Scottish study that reckons 40-70% less likely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/22/risk-of-hospital-stay-40-lower-with-omicron-than-delta-uk-data-suggests

Edited by renton

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
11 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

fg.jpg.ca4df53c791ba11d7cbe3575b502276c.jpg

Most of South Africa (or atleast a large proportion) are white so that doesn't really work, Britain is just so arrogant and ignorant about anything foreign, white or otherwise.

80.7% Black

8.8% Coloured

7.9% White

2.6% Asian

(According to Wiki that is...!)

I also dont think this is just a UK thing to be honest. I'm in the Netherlands and they seem to have totally overreacted as well.

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:
15 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

fg.jpg.ca4df53c791ba11d7cbe3575b502276c.jpg

Most of South Africa (or atleast a large proportion) are white so that doesn't really work, Britain is just so arrogant and ignorant about anything foreign, white or otherwise.

South Africa is 76% black, 9% white. This will be my last visit to this thread. 

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

Scientists are now admitting Omicron is mild and they are gutted about it. 75% less likely to hospitalise AND then when you include the effect of vaccinations this is just nothing to worry about. 

up them!

The SG are gutted too. They’d like some kind of restrictions, even face masks, to be permanent indoors.

13 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

She is now hated by nearly everyone, did that even happen to Thatcher. 

A year ago she was talked about as the best politician in the UK and Boris was a laughing stock but now people are leaving the SNP in their droves. Some are talking about voting for Boris. It's unbelievable. What a turnaround. Nobody would have predicted this. It's crazy.

Be interesting to see the next full Scottish poll. YouGov on 17th Dec had SNP on 5% in their UK poll, which translates to a fairly dominant position for Scotland.