Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Re the voting situation. We have local elections in 2022. Whilst most folk don't bother voting for their local tinpot councillors, this is perhaps a good opportunity for the SNP to get an electoral kicking and a massive and much-needed wake up call.

Frustrating here as our local councillor is absolutely fantastic. Gets local things sorted within days but he is SNP 😭

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know i'm looking for things here but, the altered speech, and now the shift on emphasis away from it being a public health measure onto a resources measure comes across to me like an attempt to climb down whilst saving a bit of face.

They need to be careful with that too - normalising restrictions because of undefined “resource” issues in the NHS is a can of worms, particularly once there’s no scary virus.

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Re the voting situation. We have local elections in 2022. Whilst most folk don't bother voting for their local tinpot councillors, this is perhaps a good opportunity for the SNP to get an electoral kicking and a massive and much-needed wake up call.

They are all useless c***s in Glasgow anyway

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:
I wonder if we will get any news about SNP membership taking a hit after yesterday? 

Anecdotal I know, but there’s a fair few on various social media platforms claiming to have cancelled.

Aye they are going to issue a press release to announce that !

I meant more a leaked report in the papers, rather than an SNP spokesperson publicly stating they’ve seen cancellations.

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know i'm looking for things here but, the altered speech, and now the shift on emphasis away from it being a public health measure onto a resources measure comes across to me like an attempt to climb down whilst saving a bit of face.

On this we agree.  

And as I said binning self isolation for those not physically ill is the solution.

Then those poor unvaccinated souls who do get severely ill as a side affect of increased transmission, will have plenty quacks and nurses to treat them.

Edited by superbigal

48 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I’m honestly not sure why Labour haven’t taken this line. It could likely win them a GE.

Winning of that GE would allow Scots a referendum, with the Labour Party pushing the line that they support Indy, but should it come to pass the Scots and English separate Labour parties would totally split, but agree to work together for the greater good.

That’ll never happen as nobody remotely connected to the Labour Party anymore wants anything to do with independence 

Its full of perma seething Duncan Hothersall types who’d rather Scotland had 200 years of Tory rule than another crumb of devolution 

The independence movement was already starting to fracture because of the Alba lunatics and this will dilute it further 

I’m almost certain now I won’t see an independent Scotland in my lifetime 

The Yoons win by default 

38 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You might be right. Post this three week nonsense thing, I can't imagine the Covid Passports being back on the scene, so will offer a climb down on that front.

30 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Had to do a PCR on Saturday after a positive LFT. Has anyone else had to do one recently and had to wait an age to hear back? I've had negative LFTs every day since but still stuck in the house waiting on the resultsemoji42.png

Think you need to chase that up. My daughter took one Sunday evening, results came back yesterday morning (negative, thankfully). 

16 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

They need to be careful with that too - normalising restrictions because of undefined “resource” issues in the NHS is a can of worms, particularly once there’s no scary virus.

Definitely. There were nhs representatives etc back in the summer railing against lifting restrictions because of the backlog of nhs treatments they needed to get through, even though covid wasn’t a big issue in hospitals at the time. 

That shit needs called out immediately for the goalpost change it is. That cost is not for the public to bare through having their lives restricted. 

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Lol.

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/scoop-omicron-milder-in-uk-new-years-fireworks-liz-vs-no-10/

Aye, although the actual article goes someway to balancing that with:

Important caveat: The less good news is that while Omicron seems milder overall, the UKHSA has found it is not necessarily mild enough to avoid large numbers of hospitalizations. The experts have found evidence that for those who do become severely ill, there is still a high chance of hospitalization and death. The UKHSA has also confirmed that transmissibility of Omicron is very high, meaning that even though it is milder, infections could rocket to the point large numbers still end up in hospital — essentially negating the reduction in severity. NHS staff shortages due to widespread infections also have to be taken into account. Boris Johnson said on Tuesday that there was still “uncertainty” on exactly how severe Omicron is, and how this impacts the hospitalization rate.

In other words still unclear as to which way Boris ends up jumping. Suspect hospitalisations in London this week will be key.

Edited by renton

You should be phoning up if you havent heard within 48 hours mate
Think you need to chase that up. My daughter took one Sunday evening, results came back yesterday morning (negative, thankfully). 
Phoned and the automated message says 96 hours which it near enough has been. Spoke to one of their advisors who said that all they can do is send off some form which can take another 3 days, helpful that[emoji23]

26 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Had to do a PCR on Saturday after a positive LFT. Has anyone else had to do one recently and had to wait an age to hear back? I've had negative LFTs every day since but still stuck in the house waiting on the resultsemoji42.png

Both myself and Mrs got pinged late July. We both got PCR tests at the same centre and the same time. Mrs had her result next day but nothing for me for days. Anyway, eventually got in touch with someone who had evidence of the test being done via the bar-code but couldn't locate the result as it had been lost as probably sent to a different lab from Mrs b-l.

I was advised to do a LFT and record the result with the NHS.

I was never given the PCR test result.

I would get in touch through whatever contacts you can find. It wasn't easy though.. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Definitely. There were nhs representatives etc back in the summer railing against lifting restrictions because of the backlog of nhs treatments they needed to get through, even though covid wasn’t a big issue in hospitals at the time. 

That shit needs called out immediately for the goalpost change it is. That cost is not for the public to bare through having their lives restricted. 

The NHS has been in perma cris for as long as I’ve been semi politically aware (late 90’s maybe) - one of the issues is that it’s always seemingly “on the verge of collapse”, but 25 years later it’s always got by somehow.

Waiting lists are an issue but that primarily comes down to funding. Ultimately, it didn’t collapse in 199, it didn’t collapse last year, it didn’t collapse last winter, and it’s not going to collapse this winter. People are immune to warnings about NHS capacity by now.

We pay for it through taxation yet are expected to do cartwheels when it works as it should. If it can’t cope with a moderate rise in admissions (even allowing for staff absences) then that’s a governmental problem, and it’s not the responsibility of Joe the taxpayer because he went to the pub before the football.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Oh look it does appear to be true after all

Thin skinned Sevconians just can’t help themselves jumping in head first though 

I’ll take my apology gift wrapped

1. The original twitter post said only one team was against it when that isn't the case. So actually I was correct.
  2. Obviously going off what some random Aberdeen fan on twitter was saying is a terrible idea. Waiting for actual journalistic sources is much better.
Edited by DMCs