Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Seen some tweets trying to guilt trip people into still voting for the SNP because they “aren’t Tories.” So basically the SNP will always have a free pass under this line of thinking.

I think it’s plainly clear that there is a large conservative streak within the SNP.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A bit off topic. But, for me, the best thing that could happen to the independence movement would be a strong rival pro-indy party. Not to split the vote, but to show that independence doesn't equal SNP.

A pro-independence Labour party for example would offer an alternative vision of an independent Scotland, that might attract more people than solely the SNP's vision to the overall independence cause.

It is off topic but for given policy you would struggle to see daylight between Labour and the SNP on the fundamentals though they may differ on detail.

You might still win a referendum with a single centrist vision, but in order to give voters a place to go you actually need a pro-indy right wing party.

Not necessarily Tory levels of right wing. However, if this thread has shown anything there isn't a libertarian tendency in Scottish Pro Indy politics that folk can rally around, at least one not tied up with absolute loonies.

Notice Finland and Sweden are now adding restrictions to hospitality. Portugal yesterday. Germany introducing similar restrictions on clubs, spectator's football and restrictions on private gatherings (although more than us); Netherlands back into a more formal lockdown.
Maybe Boris is playing 4D chess vs. Sturgeon, but its striking that these other countries are going down the same route. Everyone is spooked, everyone is herding together in terms of actions. Everyone, presumably has their own version of Whitty, Ferguson and Leitch.
Sturgeon really is the last thing on Boris Johnson's mind - everything he's doing is about saving his lying arse - nothing more nothing less.

Some lad on Twitter says 500 fans is a misery. He clearly hadn’t been to Central Park to witness the Thunderdome.

Would be good to get it to 1000. I am tempted. 
Would be fantastic if we could get an unexpected high attendance as it would clearly register as a protest, especially with some sort of minutes disappoval at 26 minutes.

Anyone got 50k followers on twitter to try and make it happen?

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Some lad on Twitter says 500 fans is a misery. He clearly hadn’t been to Central Park to witness the Thunderdome.

Would be good to get it to 1000. I am tempted. 

Not just some lad, professional journalist and BBC Scotland pundit Tom English. He was quickly put in his place by Montrose.

Yes this is a good point. I despise Sturgeon and the SNP as much as anyone at this point, and am absolutely not defending any of the utter shite they’ve come out with yesterday… but there are quite a few European nations shitting the bed worse than us currently. Why is everyone ignoring the blatantly positive data about Omicron and focusing purely on worst case scenarios?
I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all, but either governments across Europe are absolutely paralysed by fear (and therefore not fit to run a country) or something else is going on. It feels like a social experiment at this point. It’s the most confused I’ve been yet at the decision making so far.
It's almost certainly down to them all completely fucking up before.

The problem is they are also listening to the same scientists who've fucked up as well.

12 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Which, tinfoil hat on, makes me think the ‘up to three weeks’ statement was entirely designed to take us up to and just slightly beyond the 2nd to avoid that game.

I know i'm looking for things here but, the altered speech, and now the shift on emphasis away from it being a public health measure onto a resources measure comes across to me like an attempt to climb down whilst saving a bit of face.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Hes now come out saying the vaccine is purely for reducing the risk of serious illness and not to prevent spread as the only thing that reduces the spread is restrictions so why are we considering vaccinating children?

More to the point, what's the problem with an illness that isn't serious? 

It is off topic but for given policy you would struggle to see daylight between Labour and the SNP on the fundamentals though they may differ on detail.
You might still win a referendum with a single centrist vision, but in order to give voters a place to go you actually need a pro-indy right wing party.
Not necessarily Tory levels of right wing. However, if this thread has shown anything there isn't a libertarian tendency in Scottish Pro Indy politics that folk can rally around, at least one not tied up with absolute loonies.
You're looking at a pro-Indy Christian Democrat style party.

Had to do a PCR on Saturday after a positive LFT. Has anyone else had to do one recently and had to wait an age to hear back? I've had negative LFTs every day since but still stuck in the house waiting on the results[emoji42]

Had to do a PCR on Saturday after a positive LFT. Has anyone else had to do one recently and had to wait an age to hear back? I've had negative LFTs every day since but still stuck in the house waiting on the results[emoji42]
You should be phoning up if you havent heard within 48 hours mate

Re the voting situation. We have local elections in 2022. Whilst most folk don't bother voting for their local tinpot councillors, this is perhaps a good opportunity for the SNP to get an electoral kicking and a massive and much-needed wake up call.

PKC will be a joke regardless who runs it. Massive shite in each of the boxes.