Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Maybe folk who don’t want Covid for Christmas will be taking it easy until that’s out the road. I’m out on Boxing Day.

The don’t have Christmas parties message that came out on 9th December won’t have helped.

I’m not in favour of this latest announcement but then I don’t know what the situation is with staff call offs in the emergency services. Either way, if this is going to be a regular feature then governments need to start planning for it. 

Im quite comfortable in saying you’ll have more police officers in Scotlands communities with this stage of the pandemic than you did when cop26 was going on. 

31 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Mental Health a "buzzword"?

You're trying way too hard. It would a right fucking shame if a mod emptied your shite account for posting that shite.

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

well done and congratulation on winning tonight's cuntness award.

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I repeat. Away and take a f**k to yourself you c**t.

Nice to see a troll taking the piss out of mental health and contributing nothing binned.  

I'm going to sign up for the 2,000th time and will probably be banned by the end of the night (once again without explaination).  I find it hard to believe I'm clasified alongside the likes of this.   13 years of posting and not even a single warning point.   It's not my fault I have a detached house or diabetes. 

Grahame.  

1 minute ago, Scampi on toast said:

Nice to see a troll taking the piss out of mental health and contributing nothing binned.  

I'm going to sign up for the 2,000th time and will probably be banned by the end of the night (once again without explaination).  I find it hard to believe I'm clasified alongside the likes of this.   13 years of posting and not even a single warning point.   It's not my fault I have a detached house or diabetes. 

Grahame.  

Seek help.

21 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Jesus H Christ, it's like a competition to see who can outdo each other in the fucking mentalist government stakes. Your move now, Sturgeon.

What a fucking joke that is. Fining employees too when they may be forced to be at their work place by their employer. f**k that. 

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Sturgeon and Drakeford are going to look like the tinpot clowns they are.

What are we missing here? Why is this data seemingly out there but not being reported by any major media outlets?

I can't get my head around it, genuinely, the rush to lockdown (sorry, protect) when it looks like it's almost petering out already. 

The only think I can think of is emergency services, specifically in the NHS, being severely understaffed due to having to isolate, but that can't be enough to justify all this surely. Clearly they're using this as an excuse to cover the fact the NHS is utterly fucked and has been fucked under their stewardship

That, this afternoon, was the worst advert for getting boosters that I’ve seen. I’m mindful that the opposition are inept, but surely there must be one free thinking, dissenting voice amongst the SNP ranks, that are willing to stand up against this tinpot, dictatorial lunacy!! A dreadful afternoon for Scotland.

Just now, Glen Sannox said:

That, this afternoon, was the worst advert for getting boosters that I’ve seen. I’m mindful that the opposition are inept, but surely there must be one free thinking, dissenting voice amongst the SNP ranks, that are willing to stand up against this tinpot, dictatorial lunacy!! A dreadful afternoon for Scotland.

Is this not absolutely banned? That in itself is a joke btw, but it's a topic for another day.

50 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Mental Health is nothing but an overused buzzword and Tesco will always need shelf stackers

You sir are a pr!*k, go take yer face fur a sh!te

Without being pedantic, Mental Health is two words and a well known contributor to early deaths in young men. But you knew that

3 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

What are we missing here? Why is this data seemingly out there but not being reported by any major media outlets?

I can't get my head around it, genuinely, the rush to lockdown (sorry, protect) when it looks like it's almost petering out already. 

The only think I can think of is emergency services, specifically in the NHS, being severely understaffed due to having to isolate, but that can't be enough to justify all this surely. Clearly they're using this as an excuse to cover the fact the NHS is utterly fucked and has been fucked under their stewardship

The only thing I can think of is that the different demographics of SA and UK make it slightly more difficult to compare the two.

The whole situation is almost like a mirror image of the data from Italy in March 2020, when folk were saying 'italys population is really old that's why they have had so many deaths'. And that was used as excuse for inaction on lockdowns in UK and elsewhere.  

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The only thing I can think of is that the different demographics of SA and UK make it slightly more difficult to compare the two.

The whole situation is almost like a mirror image of the data from Italy in March 2020, when folk were saying 'italys population is really old that's why they have had so many deaths'. And that was used as excuse for inaction on lockdowns in UK and elsewhere.  

But, you’ve got a massive proportion of that population who are immune compromised, malnourished and without access to proper medical care. So put all that together and their doctors are still telling us its essentially nothing, yet here we are with the bed shitting.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

We also had the rather odd dismissal of anything Sweden because "population density" which ignored the fact that Sweden, whilst quite big, has cities just like here, and most people tend to live in them.

It's absolutely confirmation bias. Anything which does not show the outcome you want it to must be discredited rather than considered.

Remember for these people it is always the data that must be wrong, never them.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

How in fucks name did we end up relying on the Brexit gammons just to be allowed to enjoy thee most basic of enjoyments like going for a walk in a neighboring county and stop of for a bite to eat on the way hame? if it were up to those on the left, we'd have kept restrictions all summer and autumn and been back in full lockdown by now

the worlds gawn faackin mad innit 

Great little piece from Nigel Farage tonight.

Anyway, why not join us.

You know it makes sense.