Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Mental Health is nothing but an overused buzzword and Tesco will always need shelf stackers

There is a time and a place for baiting and trolling. Now isn't the time, people on here by and large have football as their escape from what is currently a fucked up place don't make light of that.

And I'm sure no one other that people running businesses can comprehend the difficulty in keeping their heads above water. Have the rest of the night off.

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Popped in to my local tonight for a quick one (Station Hotel). It was dead. Barmaid said her shifts have been cut to the quick, and it would be better all round for the pub if they just shut the whole lot down and brought furlough back.

What a sad state to be in 2 years and 3 vaccines in.

I do hope the virtue signallers of the thread explain to people like this barmaid how selfish they are being when they are worrying about their livelihoods.

Pretty much exactly the boat we are in at my work (pub in Aberdeen), we are quite lucky that most of the staff have holidays to use that have to be used by the end of February so hopefully the hardship won't be too much for us in terms of hours.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Popped in to my local tonight for a quick one (Station Hotel). It was dead. Barmaid said her shifts have been cut to the quick, and it would be better all round for the pub if they just shut the whole lot down and brought furlough back.

What a sad state to be in 2 years and 3 vaccines in.

I do hope the virtue signallers of the thread explain to people like this barmaid how selfish they are being when they are worrying about their livelihoods.

Maybe folk who don’t want Covid for Christmas will be taking it easy until that’s out the road. I’m out on Boxing Day.

The don’t have Christmas parties message that came out on 9th December won’t have helped.

I’m not in favour of this latest announcement but then I don’t know what the situation is with staff call offs in the emergency services. Either way, if this is going to be a regular feature then governments need to start planning for it.