Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It would be nice if rather than labelling football and hospitality as potential super spreaders, if they could actually produce any data to show that they are already places were there is a high incidence of people transmitting Covid.

I'm going to the panto on Christmas Eve, Kings Theatre in Glasgow which holds 1785 people, and is typically sold out for just about every performance at this time. It will not be under any new restrictions from Sunday. "Following the science"? f**k off.

Edited by peasy23

Any SNP supporter who thinks decisions like today won’t affect support in any IndyRef2 is fcuking deluded. When push comes to shove, and vast swathes of ordinary, unswayed, not politically active Scottish punters are actually stood in that booth with a pencil in hand… 

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

Its obvious that herd immunity is the only way forward, especially since the new variants are mild as f**k.

Herd immunity and the vaccine, which the SG have undermined for a year.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Any SNP supporter who doesn’t think decisions like today will affect support in any IndyRef2 is fcuking deluded. When push comes to shove, and vast swathes of ordinary, unswayed, not politically active Scottish punters are actually stood in that booth with a pencil in hand… 

I'll be drawing a life like image of my thick, veiny 4 incher.

41 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's your kid.

Stop asking and start telling her what you have decided to do.

If this was me, I'd cancel the visit too or re-schedule.

Absolutely no way would I allow any OCD-freak to tell me how to live my life for the dubious honour of getting to visit them.

Your choice bud but this woman is going to be wrappiong you round her finger for years and years if you don't take a stand.

I actually take your point and if it was my own mother I’d be taking your stance. 

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would happily attend a protest against restrictions now but the issue is they’re all dominated by anti vax weirdos.

Correct. I actually spoke at a Freedom Rally held locally last Spring but was disappointed to find that most of the folks there (not many) were anti Vaxers and anarchist types.

Never again.

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s me cancelled my SNP membership.

IMG_9092.jpg

Likewise; although due to them fucking up my account details I won't be getting any baldy, specky emails. 

The SNP has never been strictly ideologically definable and I had always seen them as an appropriate means to an end, at least as long as they could help sustain a credible nationalist movement at the same time as performing at least competently in government. 

However there's an insufferable, puritanical classism that has seeped into the party over the last few years and it's not just evident in their Covid response. The leadership are in love with the idea of power itself, rather than what they can do with it - largely why they have swept up all meaningful levers of power within the party for themselves.

They will undoubtedly continue to enjoy a near majority of support in Scotland and will retain almost total ownership of the direction of the Scottish independence movement - however, even assuming a referendum happens soon (it won't), and even though my answer would always be Yes, it would be hard to approach independence with any enthusiasm anymore due to the Blairite utopia of nothingness and middle class lovebombing that Sturgeon and co. are determined to make it.

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Stephen Glass getting the SG telt. 

Big Green Brigade turnout at our midden tomorrow should be a quiet affair. They do like a protest, and I think they’re a bunch of fannies… but, for once, I hope these politically-charged fannies have themselves a night tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Stephen Glass getting the SG telt. 

It's this obsession with "CHRISTMAS" that they all have, nothing else matters. So basically you can go infecting each other like Hell for the next 5 days but when the 26th comes in all bets are off and then, but ONLY then, we MUST "follow the science" !!

Don't be fooled though, it might be the Welsh and Scottish who have started this garbage but rest assured the bold Boris will follow suit once the holy grail of "CHRISTMAS" has passed........