Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

The problem is that having a massive wave of people who are sick at one time is as bad for the economy as lockdown is.

Yesterday i was on the way to a dentist appointment and there were a number of announcements about train cancellations because of staff sickness. The appointment I had was rearranged because the first one the dentist was off sick. I know my brother had so many staff off sick (he’s down south) that his cafe was shut and not making any money for nearly 2 weeks. Sick people aren’t going out and spending money, then shops, cafes, pubs etc aren’t making enough. 

Limiting the spread is still important, perhaps not to the extent of saving lives but to try and prevent mass illness at one time. At least lockdown normally brings furlough money with it but if everyone is still getting sick, then there is still a problem. 

Shut the fcuking schools then. My brother, who has kids of school age in Ayr, tells me it is rampant in schools, the school football team, his daughter’s Girl Guides group, her swimming class, his son’s U10 academy football side…. But let’s shut down outdoor football stadiums mostly frequented by highly vaccinated adults.

I'm taking the 'get your restrictions to f**k' route here. Did as I was told for 2 years on the basis that the vaccines were the way out. 
I dont like the "we were told vaccines were the way out" arguement even though I agree with it because it gives them a fairly easy out to spout "we just dont know" lies about vaccine evasion and so forth.

The arguement against this tranche of restrictions at its very core has to be they clearly arent fucking needed. They clearly wont make any difference, and they are clearly at the extreme wrong end of any cost/benefit balance. Forget the vaccines and any promises made there, the bottom line is that there is NOTHING to suggest these restriction are needed OR will work anyway.

If you needed further evidence of this, see Javid, Raab and Leitch among others all lining up to go on tv and repeatedly misrepresent the numbers, lie about them, change the definitions to suit etc etc. The list goes on.

Was looking forward to watching us lose a last minute winner to Hearts as well

I do not want to hear a fucking word from these c***s again until they are in front of a parliamentary inquiry. Hopefully everyone will be ignoring this shite as much as is possible.

Unwanted advice but don't waste your time on this thread unless it genuinely helps you, just popping in here every few days makes me wish I'd a gun to ol' yeller myself with the shite these folk expect us to listen to. 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have missed the announcement today. Are gyms having to shut or anything like that?

Not that I can see, brother.  I'll be heading there at 5 and will walk about mask less between exercises as I've been doing before.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have missed the announcement today. Are gyms having to shut or anything like that?

It’s something the SNP at Holyrood should absolutely do. With immediate effect - shut establishments that are responsible for zero large scale outbreaks, encourage physical and mental well-being, stop us becoming fat basturts who may need NHS treatment, and at this time of year, when a wee bit of over-eating and drinking occurs, allows many of us (triple jabbed by the way), to mitigate some of the effects associated with big fcuking Toblerones and three plates of trifle.

Shut the gyms, Krankie you wee shitebag. Do it.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Not that I can see, brother.  I'll be heading there at 5 and will walk about mask less between exercises as I've been doing before.

Me getting some Hench time in before Christmas tonight

image.gif.2b1b737d4ada86a3df11610f32b40217.gif

Are the thoughts of the P&B demographic wildly out of line with the rest of the country, or are attitudes to potential further restrictions going to really start pissing off the majority of folk? (I agree with pretty much everything people have been saying on here this morning)
I would suspect that there is still a sizeable majority in favour of restrictions but a lot of those people will no doubt do their own bending of the rules if it suits.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s something the SNP at Holyrood should absolutely do. With immediate effect - shut establishments that are responsible for zero large scale outbreaks, encourage physical and mental well-being, stop us becoming fat basturts who may need NHS treatment, and at this time of year, when a wee bit of over-eating and drinking occurs, allows many of us (triple jabbed by the way), to mitigate some of the effects associated with big fcuking Toblerones and three plates of trifle.

Shut the gyms, Krankie you wee shitebag. Do it.

It was unbelievable how long the SG kept gyms and pools shut last year.

They didn’t reopen until September iirc.

The specimen date data is now out, and there remains little to convince me that circling the 15th of Dember as "the peak" would be an odds against scenario.

It also looks like it is thundering down rather than plateauing.

ETA Probably helps to show the data.

I've added the change based on today to the right hand column.

Unless there have been some dated back even further then I clearly can't count and have missed 3, but it makes no difference to the overall trend.

Screenshot_20211221-160642_Excel.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God