Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Leitch admits 'there is not enough data to know for sure'

He's trolling us all now.

I'm sorry. I'm just reading that now.

600 a day :lol: In a population where almost 100 percent of those vulnerable are triple (TRIPLE!!!) jabbed. 

That's like me saying my salary could triple when I get my January payrise. It'll likely increase by one percent. BUT IT COULD TRIPLE.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

So again they conceding that the NHS / emergency services are so underfunded and understaffed, that we need restrictions on our day to day lives to sort it?

A fucking shambles.

Just a point, the SNP refused to vaccinate police officers for covid as ‘essential emergency services’ but did vaccinate NHS work from home staff such as managers, accountants and other people who were not in clinical settings, they also vaccinated people who work in specsavers as more deserving. Perhaps if they rolled out boosters to all emergency services then the sickness rates would be minuscule as proven with the 85% severe illness prevented figures.
But maybe instead the NHS accountants can go work at the football. Fucking idiots in charge of the Scottish Government.  

40 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, D.V.T. said:
IMG_6464.jpg.e9559c06b9e5f837da886b6b96c5a9fa.jpg

Would respect the government more if they just said this tbf

Why? It's a load of shite designed to pressure people into getting vaccinated.

Yep. It completely glosses over the fact that the entire population of the world was unvaccinated for pretty much the first 12 months of this, and yet somehow 99.99% of those who caught it survived.

Stuff like that statement is completely illogical.

Yep. It completely glosses over the fact that the entire population of the world was unvaccinated for pretty much the first 12 months of this, and yet somehow 99.99% of those who caught it survived.
Stuff like that statement is completely illogical.
Don't understand the OP respecting a government for outright lying but each to their own.

If they shut the doors at football that might be cranial detachment time for me. What's the point in 3 fucking doses of the vaccine if the government still won't allow people to go about their business as they see fit? It would be a complete and unnecessary over-reach.

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I've braced myself for being an absolutely raging seething mess later this afternoon. An outright ban on fans for sporting events is definitely going to happen. I'm almost half expecting a curfew on hospitality as well. 

I think you've nailed it. Can't shut so next best option it'll be back to 10pm curfews and 6 from 3 households or some pish. 

Fitba will be behind closed doors for a few weeks, can't have the big bad football fans spreading it

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

If they shut the doors at football that might be cranial detachment time for me. What's the point in 3 fucking doses of the vaccine if the government still won't allow people to go about their business as they see fit? It would be a complete and unnecessary over-reach.

We all know COVID thrives in poorly ventilated spaces, so that explains the Welsh football stadium ban. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just a point, the SNP refused to vaccinate police officers for covid as ‘essential emergency services’ but did vaccinate NHS work from home staff such as managers, accountants and other people who were not in clinical settings, they also vaccinated people who work in specsavers as more deserving. Perhaps if they rolled out boosters to all emergency services then the sickness rates would be minuscule as proven with the 85% severe illness prevented figures.
But maybe instead the NHS accountants can go work at the football. Fucking idiots in charge of the Scottish Government.  

A bit of pedantry as the SG could and likely should have overruled it, but that was the JCVI advice that was followed by all four nations, the thinking being that age was a much better indication of risk than profession, unless you're an NHS clerk working from home of course.

https://www.policeprofessional.com/news/police-will-not-receive-vaccine-priority-jcvi-confirms/ 

If 600 people a day in Scotland are going to die of covid, that would mean running a rate of something like 120k cases a day. 

Also, "Omicron could kill..." stop. Stop it right now. This has gone on long enough now - stop treating Omicron as if it is an entirely new virus. 

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Here's some news out from the ONS today

image.thumb.png.825925bc9484f79bf38773b43d30d5ec.png#

So in all age groups where vaccines are available, hospitalisations are much lower than last year.

It's a tragedy that the vaccines clearly work so well but the the 'public health' and modelling gimps are shitting on it.

Bring back the guillotine IMO.

Well that looks like my Festive Entertainment is fckd!

Two home games at Tynecastle and a wee trip to Murrayfield to watch Edinburgh play Glasgow.

What is the fckn point of continually pressuring everyoned to get triple jagged, I have had all three and a bonus flu jag, if they still will not let you enjoy doing the things that you want to do.

The only things that these restrictions will cause will be a huge pile of resentment, bitterness and the inability to ever take anything serious that comes from the Scottish Government.

Just for fun, what question(s) would you like the Scottish Media to actually ask today if these changes go ahead?

Mine: First Minister, given that you have today decided to have football games played behind closed doors, is this evidence that the vaccine passport scheme has had no impact on public health?

Just now, scottsdad said:

Just for fun, what question(s) would you like the Scottish Media to actually ask today if these changes go ahead?

Mine: First Minister, given that you have today decided to have football games played behind closed doors, is this evidence that the vaccine passport scheme has had no impact on public health?

"I'd like to address Mr Leitch, if i may - Why haven't you yet fucked off back to being a dentist or whatever it is you do? You utter c**t"