Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

One things for certain, whether you are North or South of the border, we are all being taken for absolute fucking mugs now with the "will they wont they" BS.

The SNP leadership has, for whatever reason, shown not one iota more leadership on this than Bojo and pals. It’s nothing short of a scandal. 

26 minutes ago, deegee said:

I said at home a few months ago that Sturgeon must be missing her soapbox platform to grandstand and score points, all in the guise of public health. True to form, at the first chance she is all over her podium and public announcements like a rash. I know she is in Holyrood tomorrow but it’ll be the predictable and tedious put- downs, eye rolling and sarcastic remarks to any questions.

Luckily for her, her regional council opposition members are no better than upgraded councillors, so her illusion of grandeur goes unopposed; unlike London where half of Boris’s party are choking to empty him. 

The sooner she fucks off to be with her French girlfriend full time, the better we will be.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wasn't there a Tesco in Wales which effectively shrink wrapped every aisle which was "non-essential"?

I seem to remember one guy getting done for ripping the plastic covers off things.

Fucking mental at the time and fucking mental looking back on it. 🤣

That was Welsh government policy I believe. 

Kettles were deemed non-essential as there are ‘other methods for boiling water’.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

That was Welsh government policy I believe. 

Kettles were deemed non-essential as there are ‘other methods for booking water’.

yes, something to do with kettle selling stores that had been forced to close complained it was unfair supermarkets had a free run at trading such items

50 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The great scotch egg debate in parliament will be one to explain to the grandkids when they are studying the corona virus In school 

John Swinney hasn't been part of any great parliamentary debate, as far as I can remember. 

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You said this last time and you were wrong, and I'd expect you to be wrong again. If they bring in capacity restrictions again then it will be for all "outdoor events" rather than anything specific for football. Therefore, unless they ban all outdoor events (and who knows at this point), they are going to have some limit similar to what was in place from May-September.

We'll depressingly that's Wales announced a blanket ban. Would be shocked if NS doesn't announce the same for us later today

15 minutes ago, Steven W said:

We'll depressingly that's Wales announced a blanket ban. Would be shocked if NS doesn't announce the same for us later today

Apparently the Welsh have a mega 3m quid fund to support sporting venues/clubs

Now imagine how much will be needed here if they pull the same stunt.

I dont think they can afford a full shutdown.   They will probably go capacity reduction and shaft the non league teams from tier 6 down the way.

Either way can see a few clubs going to the wall as the finances are  not there to fund closed doors.

Irrespective it would be a terrible decison from the SG in their race to show how deeply they care whilst yet again ignoring the science about outdoor transmission when it suits.

Incredibly its a scene being replicated by so many governments.   An indication really that so many of our leaders are truly clueless and two years down the line are still in the dark about how to manage the situation without draconian reactionary decisions which continue to f**k the life's of those they claim to represent.

Mind vaccines were the way out of this.  Haha what a lie.

The protect the NHS pish makes me laugh.  Its amazing how for the last 30 years there was no mention of this despite every winter seeing a crisis.  Now it suits them to use covid as an excuse to cover years of under investment in front line services.  

A dreadful time and not helped by the mutant 6th rate press.  Still not to worry let's stop all activity again and destroy the leisure industries and hospitality sectors completely this time.  Let's totally destroy people's mental health.  

Maybe we can all get another 3 or 4 vaccines before repeating the cycle next winter.

I'm completely sickened by this and can only hope any announcements on new restrictions aren't as punitive as the Welsh but I fear the worst today.

I will be delighted if I'm wrong but have absolutely zero confidence in the leadership of the SG or that buffoon in WM.

Merry fucking Christmas.