Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, deegee said:

I popped into Waitrose in Stirling earlier and noticed TK Max next door has gone full “March 2020” with Max capacity signs and a woman (wearing PPE like it was a nuclear war) counting in customers.

Heads have totally gone in government and whilst retail have had to implement these guidelines, it’s a “message of fear”  causing more harm than god, in my opinion.

I thought god was supposed to be a decent bloke.  Sounds like a right c**t to me.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have they got plenty of canapes left?

It’s was scandalous; I wanted speciality butternut squash for making some soup and the aisles were bare! I can report that smoked  salmon stocks however were fine and I got Madagascan vanilla custard and a box of nice profiteroles for a treat instead!
Only lazy folk buy canapés from supermarkets. Those in the know will prepare their own; some prawns, paprika, mayonnaise, some soft cheese, cured ham and a couple sliced jalapeños are all you need! 

I popped into Waitrose in Stirling earlier and noticed TK Max next door has gone full “March 2020” with Max capacity signs and a woman (wearing PPE like it was a nuclear war) counting in customers.
Heads have totally gone in government and whilst retail have had to implement these guidelines, it’s a “message of fear”  causing more harm than god, in my opinion.
I was in Glasgow city centre this afternoon and there were a handful of shops with folk queueing to get in.

41 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

We have all had our rants and breakdowns over last two years . I would still take the time off you have planned and I’m guessing the ban on travel will be international so the option of going elsewhere in Scotland may still be there . As appealing as Scotland in January is I know but just shutting away for a period of time can still help a great deal . Even just taking the time off to chill at home could still do wonders for your stress levels .

Also go off sick.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

The mother of a lass who works with my wife passed away recently, her brother lives in Australia, has been there for a while but isn't yet a full Australian citizen. Under the terms of his visa he would have been able to come home for the funeral, and was willing to do so, but he wouldn't have been allowed back into the country. He had no choice but to watch his mum's funeral on what is basically the feed from a security camera.

Horrendous.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else again a bit worried about the update tomorrow. 

She can f**k off binning the fitba. Tickets, transport etc booked for the next couple of midweeks.

Also, this weekly soap opera of dangling the threat of restrictions and letting it loom over every c**t is fucking disgraceful. 

9 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

She can f**k off binning the fitba. Tickets, transport etc booked for the next couple of midweeks.

Also, this weekly soap opera of dangling the threat of restrictions and letting it loom over every c**t is fucking disgraceful. 

I said at home a few months ago that Sturgeon must be missing her soapbox platform to grandstand and score points, all in the guise of public health. True to form, at the first chance she is all over her podium and public announcements like a rash. I know she is in Holyrood tomorrow but it’ll be the predictable and tedious put- downs, eye rolling and sarcastic remarks to any questions.

Luckily for her, her regional council opposition members are no better than upgraded councillors, so her illusion of grandeur goes unopposed; unlike London where half of Boris’s party are choking to empty him.