Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So, last night we were round at friends for dinner and to watch the darts.

My friends wife last year was paranoid, to the point of asking to see LFT results before you could even go into their garden.

Speaking about it, she’s said herself that we’re all maybe jumping the gun at restrictions, and need to wait and see what happens.

People just don’t want another lockdown now.

22 hours ago, Meldrew said:

If that scenario makes you happy, by all means run with it, and enjoy the circuit breaking lockdown when it comes, hope it doesnt affect your mental health.

I'm fairly sure it won't. 

I would say the same in reply, however it would appear that ship has long sailed. 

You might get a nibble or two from folk who take your babbling drivel seriously, however most of us are probably having a wee chuckle at the actual state of some loser pretending to live in a nice big house, welcoming another lockdown, just to get negative attention on a football message board.

Unlucky. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm fairly sure it won't. 

I would say the same in reply, however it would appear that ship has long sailed. 

You might get a nibble or two from folk who take your babbling drivel seriously, however most of us are probably having a wee chuckle at the actual state of some loser pretending to live in a nice big house, welcoming another lockdown, just to get negative attention on a football message board.

Unlucky. 

you believe whatever makes you happy

15 hours ago, Left Back said:

So NHS staff don’t get the Covid jail for 10 days now like the rest of us?  Haven’t seen that publicised anywhere.

Don’t disagree with it but should be the same for the rest of us.

In effect yes. Requirement is no-one in your household positive, double (or triple vaccinated if Omicron contact) a negative PCR and then 10 days of Negative Lateral flow tests before work IIRC. 

Otherwise the place would collapse.

The current issue isn’t so much staff isolating but staff actually being positive.

Edited by SoapMactavish

From last night's "exchanges " the only conclusion I can reach is that it's interesting to see do many of the threads top boiz following Sturgeons "stay home" message. Must say I am a tad surprised especially the Saturday before Christmas but it seems pretty clear that the message seems to be getting home !!!

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

So, last night we were round at friends for dinner and to watch the darts.

My friends wife last year was paranoid, to the point of asking to see LFT results before you could even go into their garden.

Speaking about it, she’s said herself that we’re all maybe jumping the gun at restrictions, and need to wait and see what happens.

People just don’t want another lockdown now.

One of her aunties wants us to do LFT before going for Xmas dinner next week.

Just for arguments sake what would be the public take on extending the Covid Passport scheme for access to NHS sevices? 

If the passport scheme is genuinely about reducing risk in cinemas and football matches surely it would reduce risk in what will be one of the highest risk settings in the country. 

He was saying that on off the ball yesterday too in the bit I heard. Tries too hard with the science for dummies shtick.

Meanwhile, the drip drip drip of further restrictions for England continues, we know how that is going to go. Are we now thinking before or after Wednesday for the announcement of a rule of 6 Christmas and all hospitality and sporting events closed from the 26th for two weeks.

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Right. Leitch has just said, in his first sentence on The Sunday Show, that this "new variant didn't exist 3 weeks ago". What in gods fucking f**k is going on. 

I'm going to assume he meant "didn't exist in Scotland 3 weeks ago" and that it's not a lie, more an inabilty to express his position cogently - it still leads you to the terracing chant "You don't know what you're doing"!