Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, as someone who works in the industry, it’s making a world of difference.  Two or thee pints will contribute to someone’s salary. 

We catered for a funeral sandwich/cake/cuppa today. What we made in profit was equivalent to three weeks of my wages (work 12ish hrs). As it's a golf club it's a quiet time of year anyway so hopefully any limitations won't last.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks be to Fraser Nelson and The Spectator.

Why ?

Nelson has been championing Bolsanaro-type tactics for the last 18 months. Like everyone it seems, he has an opinion and then he finds another opinion which he uses to back it up. 

Sadly, and I mean sadly, most leaders of 1st world countries are not risk takers with the health of their populations. 

You hate Sturgeon, I get that, and your opinions from the beginning are based on that premiss, but the long and short of it is that Nicola Sturgeon is in step with the vast majority of leaders of 1st world countries. 

I don't include the coward that is Johnson, because he's not a leader. 

28 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Got to the venue for my booster appointment and waited an hour in the freezing cold only to be told they were closing and we weren't getting in.

Shambles. Woman in front of me said it was the second time it had happened to her.

This and threats of lockdown even if I was to bother my arse and get my booster are... really seducing me to book an appointment. 🥴

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks be to Fraser Nelson and The Spectator.

Their previous junk on full display here. Also, I love how cases today were lower than yesterday. What happened to that two day doubling. 🥴 Another SAGE prediction already in the mud.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interestingly, Andrew Neil is now on to these recent revelations about ‘worst case scenarios’.

Expect fireworks coming soon.

Again, more confirmation bias, and let's not kid ourselves that Neil and Nelson are not reading from the same page. 

Tell me again why other countries, using completely different modellers, are coming to the same conclusion as the UK ? 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Why ?

Nelson has been championing Bolsanaro-type tactics for the last 18 months. Like everyone it seems, he has an opinion and then he finds another opinion which he uses to back it up. 

Sadly, and I mean sadly, most leaders of 1st world countries are not risk takers with the health of their populations. 

You hate Sturgeon, I get that, and your opinions from the beginning are based on that premiss, but the long and short of it is that Nicola Sturgeon is in step with the vast majority of leaders of 1st world countries. 

I don't include the coward that is Johnson, because he's not a leader. 

Bob, at this present time I despise Johnston more than Sturgeon as he is the leader of the UK and must set the pace and is making a hash of it

Sturgeon is merely a peripheral player who  follows in a junior capacity, albeit 3 weeks behind and is ‘more caring’.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Bob, at this present time I despise Johnston more than Sturgeon as he is the leader of the UK and must set the pace and is making a hash of it

Sturgeon is merely a peripheral player who  follows in a junior capacity, albeit 3 weeks behind and is ‘more caring’.

I agree that indeed, Sturgeon is a far better communicator than Johnson. And as much as you'd love her to be, she's not a 'peripheral player' when it comes to Scotland. 

What would your ideal scenario be from Johnson ? Would you prefer that he ignores all medical advice, and goes full Bolsonaro ?