Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting thread.

I'm getting from that that modellers are asked only to produce bad scenarios, ignoring good outcomes no matter how likely they are.

Then these models are showcased as "the science"

That's wild.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting thread.

I came on to post this. It's worth reading. To me this reads that SAGE do not model a "good case" scenario under any circumstances because that shows a situation where ministers don't need to make decisions/restrictions wouldn't be needed. Incredible if I'm interpreting that correctly. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That exchange below this tweet is exceptionally telling.

Especially this part and the lack of reply:

image.png.9127be9293bc0583386db2a2bcc41264.png

One of the issues is that people will scoff because we’re “agreeing with Fraser Nelson” rather than arguing against the very important salient point being made here.

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting thread.

This is insane. They only produce ‘bad scenario’ models where action would be needed, and ignore anything where we can continue on as normal/remove all restrictions as no decision would be needed regardless of how likely that actually is. Then the bad models are portrayed as the likely scenarios by the government/media.

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Shite troll alias figures for the week are in.

CB9A3925-0A9E-40CE-BD11-B3D07AEDA427.jpeg

Exponential growth. Hopefully peaks and turns soon...

22 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

posting shite from guys who work at the spectator says everything about you and your point of view.

giphy.gif

It says everything about how much of a gormless clown you are that you go for this mewling angle. Their figures are *quite literally* lifted from the data coming from South Africa.

The Spectator have absolutely humiliated SAGE by showing the 'actual' hospital data below even the 'best case scenario' since the summer reopening. This isn't something that can be tampered with by political motivation. It is simple fact.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm getting from that that modellers are asked only to produce bad scenarios, ignoring good outcomes no matter how likely they are.

Then these models are showcased as "the science"

That's wild.

So we can safely ignore their utter gubbins 'scenarios that aren't predictions'. Great stuff!

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That exchange below this tweet is exceptionally telling.

Especially this part and the lack of reply:

image.png.9127be9293bc0583386db2a2bcc41264.png

I think you'll find this is pure right-wing, libertarian, populist propaganda!!111

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

One of the issues is that people will scoff because we’re “agreeing with Fraser Nelson” rather than arguing against the very important salient point being made here.

Another salient point. 

Governments worldwide are introducing further restrictions of various degrees in response to the new variant. 

Do they all use the same modelling ? 

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We should be seeing an upsurge in hospital cases by now with this new killer variant, why is this not happening?

With what I’ve just read, we’ll be seeing an upsurge in riots around the Rotterdam and Amsterdam areas.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Another salient point. 

Governments worldwide are introducing further restrictions of various degrees in response to the new variant. 

Err, you mean the ones in Europe that didn't actually open and build immunity to Delta in the summer like the UK did? Or do you mean in South Africa where this first took off that *checks notes* haven't introduced any restrictions?

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Another salient point. 

I remember there being similar conversations in the summer where the doom mongering modelling said one thing, other governments were maintaining restrictions, however we removed restrictions regardless and it turned out we were proven 100% right in doing so.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I see he's gone the Deepti and Devi route:

image.png.3af895e7b9fddcacdd4f84a758868b1a.png

If all these total dangers were chocolate they would eat themselves. Trying to make up for being bullied at school.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

You've been saying for years this is all over. Just because you repeat your shite over and over doesn't make it fact you utter simpletonemoji1787.png

Err, a walk through the centre of Edinburgh or seeing a packed Hampden tomorrow would show that this truly is over in the eyes of the public. What is imposed on us by Government because of the public health geeks, in spite of universal vaccination and declining hospital admissions, is unfortunately another matter.

'You utter simpleton.' 🥴