Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not surprising it's lower tbf. It's completely shan, so nowhere near as likely to cause serious illness, but clearly getting about a lot more, so anyone going in to hospital for another reason is much more likely to test positive.

It's not a fudged number by any means, but, in it's current format, it's not that useful.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Because I spend entirely too much time on the internet. I can just tell. That personal beef is borne out of extreme stupidity on every subject and people pointing that out.

I’m not so sure - have seen various posters who I’m pretty certain were the same person who came in with a very similar approach before being emptied. He won’t be here long anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

so a different point of view to twats like you who think this variant is weak and we should let it rip, is trolling ?

I mean, there is honest to God real world data that already shows it's a weaker variant. There's actually been about three or four pieces released now that conform to this.

There's been nothing as far as I can tell that's been released to say that it's stronger or equally as severe - only that it incubates for less time and is more infectious.

There's very little room for interpretation of what has been released so far that will back your 'different point of view' up and that is why, correctly, you're being roundly called a fucking idiot.

You're clearly one of those 'Well that's ma opinion and ye canny say it's wrang cos it's ma opinion' halfwits.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seemingly 111 out of 169 (two thirds) ‘covid admissions’ in London were not admitted due to covid at all.

This is the problem we'll have in the weeks ahead. This data simply must be separated. Nosocomial infections have also been rife throughout.

57 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

So basically staff don’t isolate unless they aren’t vaccinated and/or have symptoms. Otherwise its come to work and take daily LFT’s for 10 days. 

a lot of folk seem to assume that NHS staff are just off for the 10 days by default where its not the case. 

So NHS staff don’t get the Covid jail for 10 days now like the rest of us?  Haven’t seen that publicised anywhere.

Don’t disagree with it but should be the same for the rest of us.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

This is the problem we'll have in the weeks ahead. This data simply must be separated. Nosocomial infections have also been rife throughout.

Now, more than ever, we absolutely must know how many are being admitted for Covid and how many are being admitted with it.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So NHS staff don’t get the Covid jail for 10 days now like the rest of us?  Haven’t seen that publicised anywhere.

Don’t disagree with it but should be the same for the rest of us.

All health and social care staff are exempt from the 10 day isolation period provided they have a negative PCR and negative LFTs for 10 days. It’s been the case for ages. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean, there is honest to God real world data that already shows it's a weaker variant. There's actually been about three or four pieces released now that conform to this.

There's been nothing as far as I can tell that's been released to say that it's stronger or equally as severe - only that it incubates for less time and is more infectious.

There's very little room for interpretation of what has been released so far that will back your 'different point of view' up and that is why, correctly, you're being roundly called a fucking idiot.

You're clearly one of those 'Well that's ma opinion and ye canny say it's wrang cos it's ma opinion' halfwits.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/17/1065083105/u-s-omicron-wave-could-be-the-worst-yet-projections-find-and-its-coming-fast

9 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

All health and social care staff are exempt from the 10 day isolation period provided they have a negative PCR and negative LFTs for 10 days. It’s been the case for ages. 

Isn't the understanding that they only break isolation to to work?

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's like our 'scientists' just can't possibly believe what is coming out of South Africa. As if their science (real world data, not shan models) isn't good enough. It's verging on imperial snobbery.

Then you look at our vaccine/booster coverage, considerable prior infection, and *comfortably declining* hospital admissions, and this bed shitting simply defies belief.

posting shite from guys who work at the spectator says everything about you and your point of view.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Isn't the understanding that they only break isolation to to work?

Not from instruction I’ve been given personally - we also need to eat and buy things and can’t arrange deliveries to our homes when we’re working - but quite honestly work and shopping is about all I do anyway!

6 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Mate, surely you didn't just offer that up as a retort to my point. :lol: 

That's modelling, not real world data. There are literally dozens of reports that say it COULD be the worst variant.

My point is that there's nothing that says it IS the worst. All actual real world data published so far has agreed that in actuality, the variant is less severe.

Fucking hell. How is that hard to grasp?