Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Scottish Government warn ‘new tighter restrictions may be required’ as new deadly frankincense and myrrh variants are dominant in Bethlehem.

9365510A-24F6-4BF6-B723-E79BBEFECD25.thumb.jpeg.5d60a2ecbd92738c5a5f001ae3cacecc.jpeg
Not a mask in sight. Their utter contempt for the safety of our Lord and saviour is disgusting. Tweeted to scotrail.

26 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I see this morning that a day or so after Javid’s 200k cases per day figure was discredited we now have everyone’s favourite supermodeller saying that it is probably close to 300k daily infections now.

Any day now we’ll get it.

I’ve just seen some pretty frightening models, estimating that daily infections will reach 68 million by Christmas Day. Only expected to rise after that. I’ll be buying a turkey in a can and hunkering down on my own for the next few weeks just to be safe.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

He hasn't and that's all that matters.

In the meantime, maybe you and Sturgeon should phone business owners like our Frankie and explain to him how he should pay his staff, his mortgage, his rent and his bills? Maybe make a wee contribution to those bills?

It's staggering that you are so up Sturgeon's arse that you simply cannot find a molecule of empathy for those caught out by her ego.

It must be easy to not give a shit when you're still being paid.

I do care its just I agree with her that public health and the economy aren't either/or choices and that while both are critically important one takes precedence, certainly in terms of timing, over the other. It's totally reductive and pretty facile to frame the discussion in that way but it does suit those with a particular point of view.

And the next time you want to try and guilt trip me for having a more nuanced opinion than WHY DONT YOU PHONE SAD PEOPLE WHO ARE SAD AT SAD THINGS, instead consider the impact on folk who have needed care or treatment and haven't had it or had it delayed, then roll your faux outrage and grandstanding up into a little ball and poke it directly up your hoop. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

How long will they drag this out? Any chance they’ll just tell us what they’ve decided today? 

My prediction is for an announcement tomorrow with more restrictions on hospitality and entertainment then a full lockdown announced after Christmas probably on the 27th.

Then probably a reopening in February with blanket vaccine passport measures and enhanced security.

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I’m sure it was the Saturday before Christmas last time so I’d be primed for a 5pm press conference.

Aye it was. I was in the pub seething we had just lost 2-1 to Alloa.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

My prediction is for an announcement tomorrow with more restrictions on hospitality and entertainment then a full lockdown announced after Christmas probably on the 27th.

Then probably a reopening in February with blanket vaccine passport measures and enhanced security.

Where’s the money coming from to impose a full lockdown again? Are you suggesting full lockdown like before, one trip out for exercise, deserted streets, deserted Braeheads, Silverburns and Livingston Outlet Malls? People crossing the road to avoid each other even though they are the only two people on the entire street?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Where’s the money coming from to impose a full lockdown again? Are you suggesting full lockdown like before, one trip out for exercise, deserted streets, deserted Braeheads, Silverburns and Livingston Outlet Malls? People crossing the road to avoid each other even though they are the only two people on the entire street?

Where does any money come from? A few keystrokes at the Treasury. 

Edited by Detournement

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Where does any money come from? A few keystrokes at the Treasury. 

So are you predicting full lockdown, like before, across all UK nations from December 27th?

Edited by pozbaird

20 minutes ago, Dave and Anna Snow said:

Is there a list from start to finish of all the wildly inaccurate projections from WHO, SAGE and the UK/Scot gov advisors?

That must have been a joint effort...

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They might be a bit more lenient about household visiting and shops but pubs, clubs, restaurants, sporting crowds, gyms, cinemas etc will be getting shut.

If they shut gyms down again it’s riot time. An utterly ludicrous decision last time to force people to become unhealthier during a pandemic with a virus that targets fatties, but understandable in the initial panic. Would be a disgraceful decision this time.

14 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’ve not read all the thread but how useless is the track and trace system btw? Only one of my contacts was even phoned by them and this was several days later. Nobody else was even contacted, I also told them I’d been in work and they weren’t called either. My pal who had covid also listed me as a contact before all this and they didn’t get in touch with me. Total waste of time.

I got pinged three days after my 10 quarantine was supposed to end. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The head of almost every other country in the world has the ability to borrow or print money.

That's the difference.

Sturgeon is in a unique position in that regard.

Did you really need that spelled out?

Money printing aside, she hasn't really done a great deal differently to what other ''leaders'' have done with covid yet she gets hammered on here on a daily basis, so you're either all social climbing tories or the spawn of Blair, which is not really much different