Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Yes. I finally managed to navigate the NHS Covid  web pages. How do you know I wont go to jail?

There’s no legal requirement to get tested. I’ve never had a single Covid test and I’m free as a bird.

If you want to go somewhere that requires a negative test and you can’t prove you have a negative test the only thing that can happen is you don’t get in.  They can’t bang you up for it.

1 minute ago, Dave and Anna Snow said:

Mary Poppins!

In the space of 1 post you've went from over protecting folk from 'this killer disease' to joking about another poster requiring ventilation and oxygen.  

I feel you owe the short-statured poster an apology. 

Anna.

Yes, but he is a Falkirk fan. Their attendances are massive so he won't be a huge miss.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

There’s no legal requirement to get tested. I’ve never had a single Covid test and I’m free as a bird.

If you want to go somewhere that requires a negative test and you can’t prove you have a negative test the only thing that can happen is you don’t get in.  They can’t bang you up for it.

Wouldn't bet on it. The law was changed by decree only this week.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I dunno man, you claim to be a dark professor of computational magic but you managed to get scientific modelling and crystal balls mixed up earlier, was that trolling? How about the devolved settlement? What sofa is it you think Nicola should be looking down the back of? And do you think she is responsible for the drop in trade in England too?

It's nearly Christmas, half the family are isolating from positive tests on the 14th so we're all under strict orders to stay in so we won't run the risk of missing the family get together. I have a full and superbly stocked cellar at my disposal (minus 2 Estrella and 2/3 of a bottle of properly exceptional Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon). Mon then.

We are clearly at opposite ends of this telescope and I’m never a fan of the P&B pile-on but, in much the same vein as I have previously championed @oaksoft and @Ad Lib , i do admire the indefatigable attitude in the face of advancing Scottish footballing hordes.

Your cause celebre is supporting wee Nicola in wherever she goes, with bells on her fingers and rings on her toes.

I’m not with you on that crusade (soz) but (genuinely!) do keep at it. It offers an insight to the thoughts of a clearly cogent person who happens to hold a differing view from my own. 

I don’t agree with almost all of your posts but dots are for children and I recommend you get wired into that wine cellar!

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Lots of reasons.

They have a considerably younger demographic for a start I think.

People are also more packed in.

About 1.6 times more people live in that small circle of the country than in the whole of Scotland.

It's also a travel hub.

There's more poverty there and I believe there's also reluctance to vaccinate within some specific demographics, both in terms or race and religion.

Wow, that was a fantastically tactful response.

Well done.

48 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

My wife and I, being fairly senior, have been taking lateral flow tests for some time. We have reported the results (always negative) to 119 and until end November we always received two immediate follow up Emails confirming our results. However since the beginning of December we have received no confirmations whatsoever. I have been told the programming has been changed and the system will no longer support Email or postal confirmations. We now have no recent record and tonight we have also tried , five times so far, to report the latest negative results of our LF tests taken at 4.pm.  We have been told each time after spending four minutes pressing buttons (a) your call is important to us and (b) because of the very high volume of calls, we cannot proceed with your call and (c) please try again later.

I haven't been too fussed even though the EMails  are so worded as to cast doubt on the test results. However, the scientists are now urging us to take even more frequent lateral flow tests, even daily ones, and we now need to show proof, otherwise we could be heavily fined or sent to jail.?

How can we show we are currently all clear? We have tried all sorts to clarify our condition, including an Email to our local (SNP ) MSP but are chasing shadows since no one seems able to help.

Life really is too  f*****g short for this kind of shit. For the record, we have had three jabs plus a flu shot and have every intention of surviving for a long time yet.

Why not just pack it in.

42 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

You support Falkirk. Months on a ventilator in ICU would be a drastic improvement for your quality of life. I suppose, in that context, you might be quite pro pandemic.

Wow. Just wow. Must have been some party in the commons library tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Tempted. Just tried 119 for the sixth time. SOS (Same Old Shit).

Just forget it.

We’re probably older than you and the only tests we’ve taken were essential for us to go abroad on holiday.

Seriously, stop all this testing nonsense and just enjoy life as normal.

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

We are clearly at opposite ends of this telescope and I’m never a fan of the P&B pile-on but, in much the same vein as I have previously championed @oaksoft and @Ad Lib , i do admire the indefatigable attitude in the face of advancing Scottish footballing hordes.

Your cause celebre is supporting wee Nicola in wherever she goes, with bells on her fingers and rings on her toes.

I’m not with you on that crusade (soz) but (genuinely!) do keep at it. It offers an insight to the thoughts of a clearly cogent person who happens to hold a differing view from my own. 

I don’t agree with almost all of your posts but dots are for children and I recommend you get wired into that wine cellar!

Thanks pal, delighted to confirm that i've finished that wine had a few more beers and now considering a Balvenie while pondering if this new Star Trek is actually shite after all. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Thanks pal, delighted to confirm that i've finished that wine had a few more beers and now considering a Balvenie while pondering if this new Star Trek is actually shite after all. 

f**k me. He’s a Trekkie too..

FAAC69D2-83B1-4ACC-9F62-80AFDD2343F9.gif