Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I got a free ticket from a hen pecked dropout. Not something I would have picked but it was a good atmosphere and great to be at the Barras for the first time since 2017.

I'm actually the spokesperson for taking eccies in the noughties. My massive media consumption as a 90s school kid just means I'm an expert in several fields. 

I was at the barras for the first time in years a few weeks back. What a place. I knew I'd got the decade wrong as soon as I posted

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

And f**k off SPFL giving him this platform. 

Correct. The SPFL have to defend themselves and their members and the fans from sanctimonious, football hating wankers like Leitch. Giving him a platform isnt going to stop him coming after football. 

If they are quoting 80%-85% protection against severe illness (ie hospitalisation) from a booster that 54% of the population have had and that figure is increasing by 1% of the population or more most days, im really struggling to see where the overwhelming nature of this is going to come from? Especially if the most vulnerable have had this booster and care workers/nhs staff are also vaccinated. 
They havent ever panicked about bed crisis to this extent when they underfunded the NHS during flu seasons and reduced bed capacity. Really dont get this at all. Its as if they’ve realised how culpable they are for the care home deaths and are now absolutely risk averse to any degree?

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They havent ever panicked about bed crisis to this extent when they underfunded the NHS during flu seasons and reduced bed capacity.

They would have been ripped apart for letting it happen. Covid has given them the excuse they needed to close society rather than adequately fund the health service.

On 16/12/2021 at 17:49, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 16/12/2021 at 17:43, Ad Lib said:
As someone who works on a day-to-day basis with MPs I can confirm that about 500 of them are "barely councillor level".

I'll defer to your significantly greater knowledge. Out of interest, and if you'd be willing to share your experience, who is the best politician you've seen in the commons over the years?

In my time, I could count on two hands the number that I would say were genuinely "quality" but they all had very different strengths and flaws.

Having worked with him in several capacities, I would say David Gauke was heavily underrated.

1 minute ago, budmiester1 said:

I just watched this ad and my reaction was F**K OFF to everything he said , the utter F**king walloper!

Tbh I’m not bothered about the advert if that’s all It was and the government weren’t actively putting fear into people not to do anything remotely fun.

The messaging is so confused, it’s laughable. On one hand it’s stay in the house. On the other it’s take a test before you do anything.

Even those in the centre of it can’t get their ducks in a row.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Tbh I’m not bothered about the advert if that’s all It was and the government weren’t actively putting fear into people not to do anything remotely fun.

The messaging is so confused, it’s laughable. On one hand it’s stay in the house. On the other it’s take a test before you do anything.

You are so absolutely right , it's the messaging which is getting to me. 

Forgot tonsay earlier in among the Welsh advisory gems is "leave a day between social events"

Here you fancy the football today mate?

Na cant sorry, was out for dinner with the wife lastnight

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Talk about fucking overreach.

49 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Why is London’s vaccination rate so low?

This got another poster banned. :lol:

Almost certainly demographic reasons, with large numbers of people falling into groups that are more sceptical towards vaccines. 

Tories gonna tory.
It's incredible the shower of intellectual pygmies we have leading in all parts of the UK.
Useless.
Incredible that the people of this country are allowing THESE people unprecedented interference in our lives, and trusting their determination that its needed.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah it was a question a lot of us have been asking on here. If anything he went easy on her.

When it comes to the SNP (rather than independence) the Scottish media seems quite willing to indulge in 'succulant lamb' journalism. It's another symptom of groundhog Day SNP governance.

Her answer was ad hominem pish that didn't answer the question that I expect won't be followed up upon. It's quite frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Torycunt charged with investigating torycunt parties has had to be removed from his role.....

Because he had parties too emoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.png

Since he wasn't at any parties in No10, it looks like Johnson is going to have to do the investigating himself.

15 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Those two things aren't even remotely inconsistent.

They are advising you to cut back on non-essential social contact, and they are saying if you are going to engage in social contact (whether or not it is essential) to get tested first. Both of these things reduce the risk that you unwittingly infect your colleagues, friends or family if you have the virus, and the former reduces your risk of getting it in the first place.

Both of those things are consistent with reducing transmission of a pathogen which manifests itself in a lot of people asymptomatically or with mild symptoms.