Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If Omicron was circulating since at least that Steps gig (which was coming up to a month ago I think) surely we would have seen some increase in the folk in hospital by now.

See if this turns out to be a dead rubber of a variant and Christmas has been fucked because of it I’ll be fuming.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Hyperbole and bullshit.

When you have nothing solid to go on, bluster your way to your point. Fake it til you make it and all that.

The political equivalent of a guy in Currys trying to upsell you a telly that's a grand dearer cos 'that's the one I've got in the hoose'.

Nicola and Jason this morning

maxresdefault-5.jpg

Absolutely loving the 'judgement' about minimising social contact that means I'll be watching the first 45 minutes of Elf 20 times over the next three days for ever-decreasing numbers of pupils.

They can all go and f**k themselves. Bunch of waffling, gibbering chimps; Sturgeon, Methadone Mick and the journalist gimps.

The only reason folk are staying in this week is to see relatives next weekend. As said above, folk will revert to their normal behaviour and habits after Xmas and not give a crusty shite.

Edited by deegee

Absolutely loving the 'judgement' about minimising social contact that means I'll be watching the first 45 minutes of Elf 20 times over the next three days for ever-decreasing numbers of pupils.

At least choose a decent Christmas film for them.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I have to agree with the poster earlier, that was a party political broadcast. Nothing of substance, just GEEZ MAIR MONEY BORIS

It was quite a shameful display of standing with the begging bowl out - no wonder the middle-English Clives and Nigels of this world have the impression of 'freeloading jocks' when our country's leader is using a covid update to publicly beg for more money to shut things down.

7 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

If Omicron was circulating since at least that Steps gig (which was coming up to a month ago I think) surely we would have seen some increase in the folk in hospital by now.

See if this turns out to be a dead rubber of a variant and Christmas has been fucked because of it I’ll be fuming.

That’s actually a very good point. The Steps show was 25 days ago. Even allowing for this being the start point of the variant, there is a week or two’s caseloads that should have manifested into hospital cases by now.

2 hours ago, Adamski said:

As I've alluded to before on this thread, I'm a scientist working on infectious diseases, and although Covid isn't really my specialty, it's something I've become increasingly involved in over the past year or so - particularly in terms of what is happening with it in Africa.

Anyway, on the back of all that I have a model that predicts how many cases will be reported in Scotland each day. It sometimes fails, but it's usually not too bad. The most reported in Scotland in one day since this all began was 7,113. Today the model is predicting 8,868. Obviously that goes without any predictors of how it translates to hospitalisation and death.

Fingers crossed it's out on the low side, and feel free to shoot me and it down in a few hours if so!

4,336 😅

Good.

Taxi for me and my model.

(6,522 tomorrow).

Edit: just checked back - it's the highest % it has been out by since June. Great day to pick to post on P&B about it.

Edited by Adamski

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

And the next boy up is outside probably doing his Christmas shopping. Unbelievable.

...and the 3rd guy (the Scottish reporter from Sky?) seems to be in his car lol. Probably on his way for a boozy pub lunch.

That’s actually a very good point. The Steps show was 25 days ago. Even allowing for this being the start point of the variant, there is a week or two’s caseloads that should have manifested into hospital cases by now.

Plus we have a hell of a lot more folk boostered since then as well.