Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Went out for lunch today and the place we normally go was a lot quieter than in the past.  Then dropped our three year old off at his nursery Christmas party.

I feel that catching it is inevitable in the next month or so.  Just hope I get through Christmas and a visit to Inverness, then I'm happy to take it.  By that point we'll both be third dose effective.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

No need to worry everyone. Russia will invade Ukraine and we will all blow each other into space dust.

the older i get and the more people i see dancing on tik toc and shit i think it's probably the best solution. 

It's obvious that the consensus view of this thread is out of step with mainstream opinion but surely even complete kicker-wetting Sturgeon 'simps' (am I doing that right) have a few questions about a "circuit breaker" lockdown?

Are we really facing the prospect of seeing the shan dentist explaining that we need to ban vertical drinking until about Easter because, despite having 80% of the population "boosted" to try "slow the spread" of Omicron, "we just don't know" how it will behave?

It is a problem, obviously, that the SG are desperate to go back to "Level 4" restrictions, but the real problem is, once they do it, how long it will take them to get them punted.

Just now, ICTChris said:

It's obvious that the consensus view of this thread is out of step with mainstream opinion but surely even complete kicker-wetting Sturgeon 'simps' (am I doing that right) have a few questions about a "circuit breaker" lockdown?

@welshbairn?

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

90%+ double/triple vaccinated and still people are acting like Amy MacDonald and Deacon Blue were going to be the Cheltenham/Rangers v Leverkusan type "super spreaders". Fck off with this shit, it's not March 2020

Parrots gonna parrot

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are we really facing the prospect of seeing the shan dentist explaining that we need to ban vertical drinking until about Easter because, despite having 80% of the population "boosted" to try "slow the spread" of Omicron, "we just don't know" how it will behave?

It is a problem, obviously, that the SG are desperate to go back to "Level 4" restrictions, but the real problem is, once they do it, how long it will take them to get them punted.

I’d be astonished if they were lifted before April or May.

We’d be right back to the ‘cautious approach’ and ‘I make no apologies for keeping people safe’ stuff.

Are Sturgeon's 'advisors' actually just 'Independent SAGE'?

What an absolute fucking state. Reckon I'd get banned from here if I said what I really think about those vile c**ts. Genuine hatred.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That's if you think its all about deaths from this variant, but then If you have vulnerable loved ones then yeah its going to be a worry regardless.

Is it not about the fear of everyone all at once piling into hospitals, whether they are bad enough via being brought in or not, plus the numbers expected at this time of year including those with non COVID issues that need to be seen pronto? This is why there is a massive push for being vaccinated for a third time.

All the phone lines will be jammed, NHS website will crash, what a surprise.

Ist week of January every f***er will be off work isolating with COVID including hospital staff. Unless the PM decides to give everyone in the country the week off.

Its going to be crazy and there's nothing anyone can do about it but wait until it blows over, more restrictions are too late now. As I've said before neither government have control of this situation, they never have, only delayed.

News from South Africa is that Omicron might already be close to peaking. If it is that is super fast. Good to see Omicron has seen off Delta there.

We could do with a National Herd Immunity Day the day when the variant wave breaks and starts to role back.

As much as I’d love a week off don’t give the daft c**t any ideas.  He’d do anything to appear cuddly at the moment.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yes lets shut down football grounds where the main features are open air environments with lots of ‘ventilation’ and keep churches open… because we all know which group is most vulnerable. 

2 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Isn’t it the acts choosing not to play rather than the venues stopping them?

They are essentially being abused by people to pressure them into stopping gigs. Its absolutely shocking, some of the stuff is like Jimmy’s fans league of vermin but without the obvious sarcasm. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Should have probably added that the embarrassing impromptu clap arranged was preceded by this: 

Maybe share it rather than pontificating with silly claps at fresh air, then? Straight out the fake sage playbook. 

Have you read her timeline on twitter? Its actually alarming, the ‘heres a picture of me so busy’ and other stuff just begging for plaudits and shite. Every actual doctor i know is fed up of the restrictions and covid. These people are feeding their egos. Utter shite. 

53 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
59 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:
As someone who works on a day-to-day basis with MPs I can confirm that about 500 of them are "barely councillor level".

I'll defer to your significantly greater knowledge. Out of interest, and if you'd be willing to share your experience, who is the best politician you've seen in the commons over the years?

Bercow. Was an arse towards the Scottish MP’s but f**k me he didnt pull any punches. 

90%+ double/triple vaccinated and still people are acting like Amy MacDonald and Deacon Blue were going to be the Cheltenham/Rangers v Leverkusan type "super spreaders". Fck off with this shit, it's not March 2020
They did a piece on STV news re the cancellations. All comes down to cost according to the promoters and the promoters feel the Govt should be making the call and not pushing the onus onto the artists or ticket holders. Definite vibe they would rather have been forced to cancel and compensated rather than going ahead. Basically Deacon Blue, A McD etc can afford to take the hit he said but gigs still going ahead were a financial decision.