Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Edinburgh is heaving tonight too. 

If anyone had paid attention earlier, you will have heard that it isn’t an issue with hospitality or people going out (an acceptance that people will catch it) but that work parties have the potential to take those places of work totally out.  

Just now, oaksoft said:

I genuinely cannot believe I'm sitting here tonight thinking "Thank f**k for the Tories" and their unwillingness to fund furlough. 🤣

The world's gone fucking mad.

I genuinely cannot believe you are pretending not to be a massive Tory. 

26 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

So, the moonhowling tears about the death of hospitality weren’t warranted. Who knew?

People drinking bring in less money than people eating and drinking. A few grand a day has effectively evaporated. And of you're on a zero hour contract then you're not getting paid.

I've no issue with masks or table service but actively telling people to avoid hospitality - but not offering support - is obviously going to have a horrendous impact. Particularly after last Christmas being a write off (rightly or wrongly).

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

The dentist on Channel 4 News trying to shift the goalposts yet again with some utter deranged nonsense about the need to 'protect national infrastructure, like supermarkets as well'. 

It's now society's responsibility to stop Linda from the Gibby getting a glorified cold and not making her shift in Tesco. 

4cdc6403b22c61b03b92d23333f90bc8.gif.498506b68d9a8e4b44777a3e96d1ac8a.gif

Get stuffed M8. 

Protecting national infrastructure by making people who not only aren’t ill, but have actually tested negative, isolate for 10 days because they happen to have brushed past the wrong person.

28 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

So, the moonhowling tears about the death of hospitality weren’t warranted. Who knew?

24 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

If anyone had paid attention earlier, you will have heard that it isn’t an issue with hospitality or people going out (an acceptance that people will catch it) but that work parties have the potential to take those places of work totally out.  

You really are a tit if you can’t see that the PHS announcement backed up by your beloved leader today is going to devastate the hospitality industry in the month it should be bouncing.

You have absolutely zero consideration for other people.

Glasgow relatively dead tonight in comparison to other years at this time. A total fucking disgrace from SG, and in particular NS for causing this. Businesses just about starting to recover from the past year now missing out on their most important time. 

You really are a tit if you can’t see that the PHS announcement backed up by your beloved leader today is going to devastate the hospitality industry in the month it should be bouncing.
Its mental how those who are down the caring more rabbit hole all eventually out themselves as selfish c***s.

10 minutes ago, yoda said:

People drinking bring in less money than people eating and drinking. A few grand a day has effectively evaporated. And of you're on a zero hour contract then you're not getting paid.

I've no issue with masks or table service but actively telling people to avoid hospitality - but not offering support - is obviously going to have a horrendous impact. Particularly after last Christmas being a write off (rightly or wrongly).

And anywhere not getting paid in advance for a works do absolutely deserves it.  Anyone cancelling at short notice isn’t getting their cash back (I know we didn’t when we cancelled a fortnight ago).  That few grand hasn’t evaporated at all

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

But everyone is saying it is busy out?  Which is it?

Missed all this excitement today but just home from a great day out in Glasgow with the wife.

Never had a mask on all day either on train or in shops plus absolutely no challenge whatsoever.

Must say that the assistants in Glasgow are a lot friendlier than Edinburgh.

Witnessed the height of hypocrisy today.

In a brasserie off George Square and a table of women next to us having a great time shouting and cackling into each other’s faces.

Met up with them again at Queen St station all masked up on the platform and on the train.

What is that all about?

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Missed all this excitement today but just home from a great day out in Glasgow with the wife.

Never had a mask on all day either on train or in shops plus absolutely no challenge whatsoever.

Must say that the assistants in Glasgow are a lot friendlier than Edinburgh.

Witnessed the height of hypocrisy today.

In a brasserie off George Square and a table of women next to us having a great time shouting and cackling into each other’s faces.

Met up with them again at Queen St station all masked up on the platform and on the train.

What is that all about?

Mixing a bit of truth in with your usual nonsense to try and make it seem more believable, smart move imo

Scotrail have cancelled their Santa Trains to / from Fife this weekend due to the FMs announcement. I cannot recall anything that would stop them going ahead with this event but then again Scotrail have form for cancelling trains for seemingly spurious reasons.

And anywhere not getting paid in advance for a works do absolutely deserves it.  Anyone cancelling at short notice isn’t getting their cash back (I know we didn’t when we cancelled a fortnight ago).  That few grand hasn’t evaporated at all

Granted I'm not from a City but I have never heard of anywhere taking full payment for a meal beforehand. A deposit yes but not the full cost.

You're not seriously suggesting that hotels/restaurants/pubs are not going to be out of pocket as a result of this nonsense from SNP today?