Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is our health service really so shite that it can't handle a slight increase in sick people? Given we averaged about 7,000 delta cases per day in September and she didn't care, why are we suddenly worried about Omicron if it is "a smaller percentage" that they anticipate being hospitalised.

Cannot believe she wants to bomb the economy again because people might get a bit sick.

Tbf the economy will bomb with testing and self isolation, you would hope come march testing and isolation has gone otherwise we are going to be stuck in a loop, the WHO have been largely useless but I don't know why they can't come up with guidance on removing the need to test when you have near universal vaccine coverage.

Just goes to show that no matter how clear and how frank the FM is folk will still claim she is *loving this* and *waffling* 

While we have the fifteenth (?) occasion in recent weeks where "she would definitely be imposing DRACONIAN AUTHORITARIAN new restrictions just because she can/to be stricter than England/to care more" and not imposed any further restrictions other than a change to isolation within households of confirmed cases of Omicron. 

If after that you aren't clear on what the situation is, what the risk is to the population and what decisions are having to be made and why then you either weren't listening or just don't want to hear it. 

Just now, 101 said:

Tbf the economy will bomb with testing and self isolation, you would hope come march testing and isolation has gone otherwise we are going to be stuck in a loop, the WHO have been largely useless but I don't know why they can't come up with guidance on removing the need to test when you have near universal vaccine coverage.

Fair point. Maybe we should stop decimating businesses for a bad cold and just get on with it.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If someone out with your household tests positive and you've had contact you dont need to isolate if you receive a negative PCR.

I missed this bit.   Can P&B declare this is correct ? 

So that letter I posted from PHS last night was wrong as it declared all 1st contacts would be stuck with the 10 day prison sentence.

Constantly hinting at peoples livelihoods potentially being stopped at the drop of a hat, and hosting these impromptu fear sessions is not in any way acceptable.
Aye but it allows gimps like Wee Bully to pile on this thread that they hate so much and try to get some points for the SNP.

Its just like I said before. Trying to proxy things in by fear because they cant mandate them due to money.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So that letter I posted from PHS last night was wrong as it declared all 1st contacts would be stuck with the 10 day prison sentence.

She did say that. Only household contacts need to isolate for the full ten days. Non household contacts who test negative with a PCR can carry on if they are double vaccinated.

She definitely said that as long as you have a negative PCR you don't need to isolate.